The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Oct. 30, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

The win is great, especially against Doughty and the Kings, but I hope Ferland is alright. He was just starting to string some good games together and play more physical. Then he gets injured in a pointless fight.

I was thinking at the time how useless that staged fight was as they all are.  It happened like a business arrangement with them first talking terms, then a mostly grab n miss kind of fight and congratulations after. For what? It was at a point in the game when we were playing well, as we did all game. It wasn't all that great a strategy even. I hope it wasn't Green's idea.  Hockey God Karma.

• Upvote 1

Looking back at that OT with Boeser, Petey, and Hughes, the future really is now isn't it? Quick was actually playing really good tonight but man the boys were firing on all cylinders.

I love Petey, I mean guy takes a swing at him and he goes out and hits the next guy he comes across, bowling over Martinez for the odd man chance. And then he just had all the time in the world to release that beauty of a snipe.

Brock was great, well deserved hat trick sweet move on that breakaway setup from Petey, and taking that pass and scoring from Petey on the powerplay was fantastic. Feel if he didn't get the goal off of Doughty, that probably would have made it to Miller for the tap in.

Looks like for the third year running, we're going to have a Calder candidate. Hughes has such elite playmaking skills and defends well. Edler was good on the powerplay, but Hughes is phenomenal, I can't remember seeing anything like this watching Canucks hockey. And he's only going to get better.

And let's not forget Horvat and Miller, that top unit is set to become lethal, I'd hate to be taking penalties versus the Canucks after seeing that.

Super happy the Canucks got the win on LA, what a time to be cheering for "a team like that"! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ForestFalcon said:

Looking back at that OT with Boeser, Petey, and Hughes, the future really is now isn't it? Quick was actually playing really good tonight but man the boys were firing on all cylinders.

I love Petey, I mean guy takes a swing at him and he goes out and hits the next guy he comes across, bowling over Martinez for the odd man chance. And then he just had all the time in the world to release that beauty of a snipe.

Brock was great, well deserved hat trick sweet move on that breakaway setup from Petey, and taking that pass and scoring from Petey on the powerplay was fantastic. Feel if he didn't get the goal off of Doughty, that probably would have made it to Miller for the tap in.

Looks like for the third year running, we're going to have a Calder candidate. Hughes has such elite playmaking skills and defends well. Edler was good on the powerplay, but Hughes is phenomenal, I can't remember seeing anything like this watching Canucks hockey. And he's only going to get better.

And let's not forget Horvat and Miller, that top unit is set to become lethal, I'd hate to be taking penalties versus the Canucks after seeing that.

Super happy the Canucks got the win on LA, what a time to be cheering for "a team like that"! 

What OT? 

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

LA's a major dumpster fire, the trip's only getting harder from here. Anaheim has been surprisingly good & SJ still has alot of good players.

Call me crazy but this team is good enough to get 5 points out of this trip, if not all the points. We just need to be ready to play. Great start tonight. 

Ducks got some recent injury problems. Manson out term

Kase day to day

Lindholm day to day.