The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Oct. 30, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, Laheys Liquor said:

Since the Canucks have put Quinn Hughes on the 1st powerplay unit on October 20th, we have scored 8 PP goals, most in the NHL.

Hughes assisted on 7 of them, leading the league in PP points since October 20th. 

4-0-1 in that stretch as well. 

Credit to us armchair GMs/coaches that have been asking for this as far back as preseason. LOL

7 hours ago, stawns said:

What's that to do with left winger, presuming you were referring to political/social?

I don’t know / gun control? Ha ha yes it was that type of L winger I see the confusing now - will stay away from that in the future - might hit some buttons too..

Edited by IBatch

18 hours ago, IBatch said:

He fought, it was a draw - no big thing.  Geese Louis what’s happening to this league - first fight in ten games (on pace for 8 - whoopie, Gino it Brashear would have that before x-mas) and the linesman came in when the ref blew the whistle (is that a thing now?).  Who cares, hate that this sport has gone so left wing now.  He wanted to spark the team.   And maybe it did.

Gino Odjick

Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Sep 7 1970 -- Maniwaki, PQ
[49 yrs. ago]
Height 6.03 -- Weight 215 [191 cm/98 kg]
Drafted by Vancouver Canucks
- round 5 #86 overall 1990 NHL Entry Draft

Gino Odjick hockey player photo  

:bigblush:
Edited by kilgore

41 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Gino Odjick

Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Sep 7 1970 -- Maniwaki, PQ
[49 yrs. ago]
Height 6.03 -- Weight 215 [191 cm/98 kg]
Drafted by Vancouver Canucks
- round 5 #86 overall 1990 NHL Entry Draft

Gino Odjick hockey player photo  

:bigblush:

He was a beauty wasn’t he?  Remember his first game, think he fought Manson (a close fight but a loss) and then Grimson (a victory) and we had ourselves a great teammate that would do anything to spark the team and watch over things.  He played with the Sandman before the NHL - those two were quite the pair and good at their jobs - things have sure changed - back then dozens of guys fought over twenty times a year, sometimes over thirty (think Gino led the league one year - so did Brashear when he first came, we had both of them for a while too - teams must of hated playing us).

The game is faster now, and very entertaining - but I wish the league backed off a bit and let guys go instead of stopping them right away or stepping in as soon as one good shot is landed...just let the guys go.

17 minutes ago, IBatch said:

He was a beauty wasn’t he?  Remember his first game, think he fought Manson (a close fight but a loss) and then Grimson (a victory) and we had ourselves a great teammate that would do anything to spark the team and watch over things.  He played with the Sandman before the NHL - those two were quite the pair and good at their jobs - things have sure changed - back then dozens of guys fought over twenty times a year, sometimes over thirty (think Gino led the league one year - so did Brashear when he first came, we had both of them for a while too - teams must of hated playing us).

The game is faster now, and very entertaining - but I wish the league backed off a bit and let guys go instead of stopping them right away or stepping in as soon as one good shot is landed...just let the guys go.

Mayor of Rightville  IBatch

I just have a problem with that kind of staged fight, which I think makes a mockery of NHL fighting that we both support.  Its almost like Ferland heard the criticism and just made a subjective decision he was going to get a fight in that game, whether it was needed or not, to get fans off his back.  It was like a business arrangement between them. A good fight needs some kind of reason, or build up. A good game is like a story, with a narrative. The good the bad and the ugly.  Players remembering numbers, for later retribution etc. I wasn't going to comment but when I heard he got injured because of that joke of a fight too, I just had to vent.

BTW, do you know about our Provinces history of labour rights battles, the main reason historically we have evolved into such a polarized voting  base here.   I wouldn't call those grizzled "lefties", loggers and miners who fought for the right to unionize in the early part of the last century wimps.  The police used bayonets back then.  ;)

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, kilgore said:

Mayor of Rightville  IBatch

I just have a problem with that kind of staged fight, which I think makes a mockery of NHL fighting that we both support.  Its almost like Ferland heard the criticism and just made a subjective decision he was going to get a fight in that game, whether it was needed or not, to get fans off his back.  It was like a business arrangement between them. A good fight needs some kind of reason, or build up. A good game is like a story, with a narrative. The good the bad and the ugly.  Players remembering numbers, for later retribution etc. I wasn't going to comment but when I heard he got injured because of that joke of a fight too, I just had to vent.

BTW, do you know about our Provinces history of labour rights battles, the main reason historically we have evolved into such a polarized voting  base here.   I wouldn't call those grizzled "lefties", loggers and miners who fought for the right to unionize in the early part of the last century wimps.  The police used bayonets back then.  ;)

That’s something.  Whenever I’d get down I think about what my grandparent went through - Great Depression and then the war.   Miners and smelters and Dieppe and Italy and Germany.  Not an easy life. Things are different now thanks to that generation. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Upvote 1