The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Sharks Nov 2 7PM on CBC

Rate this topic

Baer.

56 minutes ago, tas said:

I think he may actually already be the most important player the canucks have ever had. him being on the ice by default backs off the defending team. when he has the puck, it's his. 

god i hope he stays loyal to this organization when the time comes to make that decision. 

haha...ok....a kid that has played 15 games in the NHL is more important than Naslund, Sedin, Bure, Linden.....settle down  :lol:

...and already worrying he won't sign long term??  Jesus...you have anxiety issues?  :frantic:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

back to back game....virt out, hughes out? i had no idea.... This one is gonna be tough though. Sharks is a team that is wayyy better then their current standings. Some players and teams can take some time to get started during the season and im just hoping it wont be tonight that they decide to wake up. 

Hope for a 3-2 win, Edler, Brock, Bo with the goals. petey and miller with 2 assists. 

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

haha...ok....a kid that has played 15 games in the NHL is more important than Naslund, Sedin, Bure, Linden.....settle down  :lol:

...and already worrying he won't sign long term??  Jesus...you have anxiety issues?  :frantic:

Remember early in the Summer the anxiety that Brock was going to bolt? I get we get jaded and expect bad luck...but Jeez. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, tas said:

I think he may actually already be the most important player the canucks have ever had. him being on the ice by default backs off the defending team. when he has the puck, it's his. 

god i hope he stays loyal to this organization when the time comes to make that decision. 

how long have you been watching hockey?  3 weeks?

Quinns an excellent powerplay dmen and will be a very good offensive dman for us, but people have to stop drinking the Koolaid.  

He still cant play the PK, gets easily knocked off pucks and is subpar in his own end.  We still need young dmen to compliment Quinn if we are going to get anywhere when the playoffs come around. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

how long have you been watching hockey?  3 weeks?

Quinns an excellent powerplay dmen and will be a very good offensive dman for us, but people have to stop drinking the Koolaid.  

He still cant play the PK, gets easily knocked off pucks and is subpar in his own end.  We still need young dmen to compliment Quinn if we are going to get anywhere when the playoffs come around. 

are you kidding? he's far more than holding his own defensively for any 20 year old rookie defenceman, let alone a 5'9", offensively-minded one. 

I have no doubt he could easily play as a 30 minute, all situations defenceman throughout his career. 

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 2

I am glad to see Hughes is not in tonight. There is no reason to rush this kid, wait until they are 100% sure that he is ready to go. I have seen them allow Tanev to play before he was ready and then get re-injured.  Hughes is already showing that he could become a franchise type player. I seriously mean that. Not just a star but a franchise type player. He changes the flow of the game, he controls a game. He sees the game at an elite level.  A very, very special player who has only scratched the surface of what he can do.

He is however very young and has a lot of physical development to do. DO NOT RUSH THIS KID AND RUIN HIM BEFORE HIS TIME!

I want to watch this young man for a long time. I want to watch him help this young squad to bring us the cup.

• Upvote 4

With Q out this game is going to be interesting to watch. I know Myers didn't have a great game last game, but I do like some of the creativity he brings on the power play from the blue line...We never get to see much of him since he's on the 2nd unit. I'd like to see him and Edler swapped, give him a chance on the first PP...he is a bit more offensively flashy than Edler...it may work till Q is back.

This will be an awesome game for the Canucks, Gaudette played like he wanted a roster spot, and now we have other options who will want spots, they will play a good, large, team with fast accurate D men, so I for one am looking forward to see if the early months of this year will be like other early starts the Canucks have had just to see them power out as the new year starts. 

I'm calling 4-2 Canucks from a group that will be just a little hungry again, oh and I don't think Green will be worried about hurting any feelings, like it or not "That's Hockey"

48 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

back to back game....virt out, hughes out? i had no idea.... This one is gonna be tough though. Sharks is a team that is wayyy better then their current standings. Some players and teams can take some time to get started during the season and im just hoping it wont be tonight that they decide to wake up. 

Hope for a 3-2 win, Edler, Brock, Bo with the goals. petey and miller with 2 assists. 

did something happen to Jake?