The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Sharks Nov 2 7PM on CBC

Rate this topic

Baer.

5 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Frack The Coilers, just keep playing well and they will be surpassed seen enough

This one’s on Smith - played a heck of a game.   Have to give them some credit teams have been dialing in on McDavid but hard to also shut Draisaitl down at the same time.  Pretty sure we are going to do the same thing with EP and Horvat.  Difference is we also have BB and Hughes ... they have Nurse and Bouchard coming up so not terrible ... that said I’d take our team over their team anyday - we have so much depth in all positions.  

1 minute ago, Hogs & Podz said:

I totally agree with Hughes being vulnerable just based on his adapting and needing to get stronger like most rookies BUT even though petey's been and will continue to be a revelation for this team and change in the overall culture, skill, and compete, everything filters through the backend first.  Quinn will ultimately dictate the tempo and offensive zone time.  

Really we're splitting hairs here.  It's so fun to see these young amazing men turning into character superstar players before our eyes.

You bet.  This season has been and will continue to be a lot of fun - can hardly wait for them to mature.  Going to revel in it and enjoy every moment though - pretty sure it’s history in the making we are witnessing 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

I was running once...stepped in a hole, sprained my ankle.  Didn't let it properly heal and developed a heel spur as a result.  It's so important to take the time to "heal" because it sets you back even more if you don't.  Shortcuts can lead to longer term problems.

If you left a little earlier, you wouldn't have had to run.

I agree; better to be safe than sorry. It's a long season and a long career for Quinn. No need to rush it.

Hopefully the Canucks start firing on all cylinders again.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

46 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Those Bearded Sharks will get it....mullet beards...must be destroyed. The Mighty Canucks warriors will stick it to them.

Go Canucks Goo

DF1D1A83-B403-4A56-85C2-6EB0638C3A53.gif

2150F0AE-5949-40BA-9A3C-61A30168D94B.gif

Funny stuff.   With a one he should role again to see if his weapon broke - and with he 20 he should role again to see if it’s a double 20.   Pretty sure in this story it was 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Odd. said:

13 games in, still haven't been overly satisfied with Myers. 

I feel like tonight he gets his first goal. 3-2 Canucks. Pearson and Miller with the other goals.

I like Myers play so far, but I agree that he had not produced as much as we would have liked him to produce so far. I think Green should put Myers on PP1 since he has a bomb from the point and can also create offense. IMO He is also just more unpredictable than Edler on the PP. Move down Edler onto PP2. I think if Green does that for the time being while Hughes is out, I think our PP could get more scoring chances.

• Upvote 4

I am so happy with this team. As good as they are doing, in this early season, it more the vibe and swagger that they have been coming into games with. 

you can tell they now know what it takes to be successful in this league. They’ve figured it out and have truck loads of talent to see it through

Thank you, Jim Benning.

11 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

I like Myers play so far, but I agree that he had not produced as much as we would have liked him to produce so far. I think Green should put Myers on PP1 since he has a bomb from the point and can also create offense. IMO He is also just more unpredictable than Edler on the PP. Move down Edler onto PP2. I think if Green does that for the time being while Hughes is out, I think our PP could get more scoring chances.

Me too.  Edler is predictable.   Myers has a more accurate shot.   Give him a chance ... nows as good as time as any - plus it would reduce Edlers minutes.  That tandem has been excellent so far,  Myers has missed out on six or seven points as the guy who passed it to Edler who got the third assist - often he’s started the play and did the work in the defensive zone only to just miss out on the scoresheet.  30 seconds on the second power play doesn’t cut it - Love eagle but he’s not a good pp quarter back.   Put him on the second unit - so he’s fresher 5 x 5.   Come one Green read the posts it’s what some fans want ha ha ...

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Funny stuff.   With a one he should role again to see if his weapon broke - and with he 20 he should role again to see if it’s a double 20.   Pretty sure in this story it was 

If Canucks Upgrade to the +5 Legendary Vintage Tri Color Gloves they really would be unstoppable.

0DA9727E-A955-417B-B0C6-D170A17F61C7.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Looks like Jordie is happy that Rage Against the Machine are back together too. 

Good to see when a player likes other music than the generic crap out there.

I enjoy knowing Anders Nilsson was a fan of the swedish death metal scene.  Even though he is no longer a canuck.

• Cheers 2