Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[Report] Milan Lucic suspended 2 games

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Stone hands, speed of turtle, looks like he is skating in wet cement.

What a buffoon!

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since when does a fight require both parties to be willing? Thats at most an instigator penalty.. and i dont even like lucic

  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The decision to attack another player like Lucic did to Sherwood was a horrible idea. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Stone hands, speed of turtle, looks like he is skating in wet cement.

What a buffoon!

 

Add dumb as a stump and that’s big ol’ Milan.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, Calgary will be a better team for 2 games???

 

Not sure I like that, as Canucks fans, we should file an appeal and ask them to rescind the suspension. :)

Calgary might appeal to have the suspension extended.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was anyone to expect, he received accolades for playing like this in Boston. He would have received a pat on the back if this happened there plus the announcers would have stated that you "Don't mess with our goalie arrgh!"

 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The decision to attack another player like Lucic did to Sherwood was a horrible idea. 

Your post. I can't help but think Lucic attacked a hockey stick, lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

flames garbage gm  complaining bout the suspension gtfo  what a garbage gm lucic has no skills loved it when prout beat him up thankfully benning stayed away from this guy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was an effective power forward but that style of play must have taken a lot of toll on his body. My guess is that he will be "retiring" (I mean go on the LTIR) as soon as next season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, khay said:

He was an effective power forward but that style of play must have taken a lot of toll on his body. My guess is that he will be "retiring" (I mean go on the LTIR) as soon as next season.

 

Agreed, I think in his time he was a decent player, but his time has passed.  Although, even when his skills were decent, his attitude on the ice was horrible and I'm so glad he never wore Canuck colours.  He's truly a shell of his former self.  I'd take Louie and his contract over Milan and his any day.  Wonder if there is a lesson in that for GM's signing aging FA players...nah, it will still happen and there will continue to be albatross contracts out there.  Too bad there are no minimum standards that have to be met to continue earning one's pay.  Wonder if there will ever be a clause bargained that would allow teams to escape bad contracts if the player can't live up to them.  Bit of a double edged sword I guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused. I did the same thing last night in my rec league game. Which is non contact. Afterwards, everyone (and that includes the guy who hacked at the goalie to dislodge the puck) knew he shouldn't have, and what happened to him was nothing special. Just a shot to the chin while he fell against the boards.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Monty said:

I'm confused. I did the same thing last night in my rec league game. Which is non contact. Afterwards, everyone (and that includes the guy who hacked at the goalie to dislodge the puck) knew he shouldn't have, and what happened to him was nothing special. Just a shot to the chin while he fell against the boards.

Not sure what kind of rules your Rec league uses, but any league I've ever played in, that's a penalty at the very least. In Oldtimers, it would get you tossed 99% of the time.

 

In the NHL, the zebras are always concerned about affecting the outcome of games, which is why they gave Looch 4 minutes and Sherwood 2 for the "slash". I guarantee, if he hadn't been punched by Lucic, the dig by Sherwood isn't penalized.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering how they're really trying to get head shots out of the game, an unprovoked sucker punch directly to the head should be severely judged. There was no reason for it either. He just snapped. Time for Lucic to hang 'em up, maybe the octagon is better suited for him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Not sure what kind of rules your Rec league uses,

The one where goalies are protected so they don’t get broken fingers from idiots unnecessarily slashing at their hands when the puck is covered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Monty said:

The one where goalies are protected so they don’t get broken fingers from idiots unnecessarily slashing at their hands when the puck is covered.

Looked like a dig in the pads to me...but it must be quite the league you play in where a blatant punch to the face isn't considered a penalty...

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

.but it must be quite the league you play in where a blatant punch to the face isn't considered a penalty...

With goalies always difficult to come by, we want to make sure that they’re taken care of. We’ve got goalies between the ages of 35-50 in our league. The last thing they or anyone else needs is someone thinking that hacking at their hands is appropriate. So yeah, a punch to the face is pretty normal.

 

As is the occasional fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow this really hurts the Flames, whatever will they do without Lucic for 2 games , they already lost 1 of them . oMG :frantic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.