The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] andreas athanasiou

Athanasiou is a big fast forward capable of putting up 30 goals. In 31 thoughts Elliot Friedman speculates Edmonton might have interest in acquiring him. 5 days ago TSN had him at #8 on their trade bait list. He can play centre or wing. 1 year left at 3 million and then becomes an RFA with arb rights. Having a very poor start to the season on a very poor Detroit team. 

I think he would look really good on Horvat’s wing

what would the Canucks have to give up to get him? I think it would take a young forward prospect, a 2nd round pick, and a top 9 forward or top 6 D with the same cap hit. Might cost more though if a bidding war arises. Worth it for the Canucks to pursue or no?

probably Jake and a 2nd, something in that territory. I think Stevie Y would want a roster replacement for now and a significant future piece. 

I see where you're going with this but I don't know that there's a reasonable deal to be made with Yzerman. Edmonton is probably trying to shop Puljujarvi + picks for him. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

That's going to be a no from me dawg, Not good defensively and likely too high a price tag. 

Exactly!  We want guys who play the right way, and Andriescue (or whatever the hell his name is) doesn't.  No way Hose B.  

He is capable of scoring there is no doubt about that. Definitely seems like the Ken Holland connection might come into play tho like another poster suggest.

Here on CDC, the ask from Detroit would be scoffed at by the users here. Would be Jake or Gaud plus.

Not every single player is going to be a good 2 way player, if someone scores 25 plus G for your team and has Defensive lapses its not the end of the world. The guy is quite fast is he no?

With our glut of F's  I  don't see us being in the market for him, but I would entertain the idea of acquiring him and once the asking price is determined JB would know right away a deal could work or not.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

probably Jake and a 2nd, something in that territory. I think Stevie Y would want a roster replacement for now and a significant future piece. 

I see where you're going with this but I don't know that there's a reasonable deal to be made with Yzerman. Edmonton is probably trying to shop Puljujarvi + picks for him. 

Green and co. are just starting to get Jake to consistently play the right way in both ends of the rink.

I'm not interested in swapping him for someone who, by all reports, only knows how to skate in one direction. 

As far as the 2nd, I don't think we're in a situation where we should be giving away high picks for players who are on expiring contracts. 

• Upvote 2

AndIdon'tSeeYou is a Helluva' mouthfull. Should be illegal to push that many syllables. Cheech & Jong would be driven to drink. So they resort to initials & it's AA, which would have then chanting the serenity prayer. Sobering thoughts...

If he's traded for PoolParty, maybe demote them both for ostentatious display of syllabic-wealth? Whatever happened to Tim Brand, FGS!?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Green and co. are just starting to get Jake to consistently play the right way in both ends of the rink.

I'm not interested in swapping him for someone who, by all reports, only knows how to skate in one direction. 

As far as the 2nd, I don't think we're in a situation where we should be giving away high picks for players who are on expiring contracts. 

yeah I totally agree. Was just suggesting what I think Stevie Y would be asking for. Too much. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

Athanasiou is a big fast forward capable of putting up 30 goals. In 31 thoughts Elliot Friedman speculates Edmonton might have interest in acquiring him. 5 days ago TSN had him at #8 on their trade bait list. He can play centre or wing. 1 year left at 3 million and then becomes an RFA with arb rights. Having a very poor start to the season on a very poor Detroit team. 

I think he would look really good on Horvat’s wing

what would the Canucks have to give up to get him? I think it would take a young forward prospect, a 2nd round pick, and a top 9 forward or top 6 D with the same cap hit. Might cost more though if a bidding war arises. Worth it for the Canucks to pursue or no?

No to athansiou.

He put up 30G last year while playing with Nyquist who also had a career year.

Currently athansiou is on pace for 6 goals this year over 82gp.

• Haha 1

Nah, I'm not interested in adding bodies to this roster tbh. We'll see where we're at closer to the deadline but when healthy we've already got too many bodies. 

I'm not interested in rentals either, our window is just opening and I'm more interested in keeping our picks and building our prospect depth. Drafting has been one of this management team's biggest strengths, let's not limit that by moving out more picks. 

• Like 1