The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] andreas athanasiou

8 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

Athanasiou is a big fast forward capable of putting up 30 goals. In 31 thoughts Elliot Friedman speculates Edmonton might have interest in acquiring him. 5 days ago TSN had him at #8 on their trade bait list. He can play centre or wing. 1 year left at 3 million and then becomes an RFA with arb rights. Having a very poor start to the season on a very poor Detroit team. 

I think he would look really good on Horvat’s wing

what would the Canucks have to give up to get him? I think it would take a young forward prospect, a 2nd round pick, and a top 9 forward or top 6 D with the same cap hit. Might cost more though if a bidding war arises. Worth it for the Canucks to pursue or no?

No thanks from me to.

You say he is big but online is says he is 6'2" 188.

If we make another trade I hope JB targets another heavy guy like JT Miller (220) if there is one actually available that has skill. Of course...getting one without giving up another 1st round pick would be the challenge.

So NO to Athanasiou from me.

18 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

Athanasiou is a big fast forward capable of putting up 30 goals. In 31 thoughts Elliot Friedman speculates Edmonton might have interest in acquiring him. 5 days ago TSN had him at #8 on their trade bait list. He can play centre or wing. 1 year left at 3 million and then becomes an RFA with arb rights. Having a very poor start to the season on a very poor Detroit team. 

I think he would look really good on Horvat’s wing

what would the Canucks have to give up to get him? I think it would take a young forward prospect, a 2nd round pick, and a top 9 forward or top 6 D with the same cap hit. Might cost more though if a bidding war arises. Worth it for the Canucks to pursue or no?

The asking price for AA would be too high.    

Not worth it from our end.

I'm usually down for anything and everything as far as trade proposal ideas go, but as it stands right now, I say we keep everything as is.    Period.

Our only "addition" this year should be Nikita Tryamkin when his season ends.  

Stay healthy.   Keep everyone we have this year.   Bring in Tryamkin.    Make  the playoffs and look to turn some heads when you're there.

This season might not be the equivalent of 2010-2011, but it's starting to look like this team could replicate its teams from 2008-2010.   

Why would Detroit even remotely think of doing this? We want him? Sure, but that also means so does Detroit.

Oh and, if it's not obvious, Eriksson's not going to get us Athanasiou. lol Good luck in dreaming of unicorns while you're at it.

Edited by The Lock