Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

25 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

It’s allowed

no being cheap when it comes to trying to win a game 

I would rather win within the rules than lose with integrity 

It’s against the rules to purposefully take the net off of the moorings to negate a scoring chance, so you have completely contradicted yourself. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

We'd all have been:  'OMG WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??"

I can't imagine that at ALL.  3 on 0 ... nope.  He did the best he could.

He should have pushed the net off. Automatic penalty shot. Way better than 3 on 0

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, westsideconnect said:

Smash whatever you want in the dressing room then - it looks silly, childish, unprofessional, a lot of other things on the ice.  I get it, frustrating to lose like that but there are better ways to deal.  If it was once it may come across better but it seems to be a regular thing.

Well what was he supposed to do then? Stand there and smile? Or handshake the blues player? 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, KyoNami said:

What if Markstrom took of his mask? I think that's still a penalty shot right? 

That aside, great effort, just unlucky in the end. Onto the next

That’s a good idea actually lol 

I’d take the penalty shot over a 3-0.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Was a shootout win that went on forever. 

That was a character win game coming back down 3-1.  Think it really gave nux belief that they can compete with the best.  But Blues are playing better now,  was on a 4 game win streak, now 5 and leading the West.   I think they are a level above nux still.  But that is not a knock on nux.  They have improved so much this yr and should be able to get into playoffs if they stay healthy enough. 

I think we've proven we can compete with them.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Powerplay has to be better than it was tonight. Had plenty of opportunities and couldn't make them pay once. Just one goal would have made the difference.

And the best chances we had were when we were crashing around in the crease.  Sometimes those greasy goals are the ones you have to go for if the other stuff isn't working.  Mix it up.

Was at the game.

The Blues play a stifling trap game.  They were positionally sound, blocking shots, and getting sticks in the way.  It was frustrating.   That was near playoff style hockey as you can get.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

He probably could've made it to the puck, but he would've had to make the decision so early. He was probably still in 'wtf is happening' mode..

Once bitten twice shy. I think his last attempt at charging out of the net was likely in the back of his head. If it ended up badly twice in a row that would have been a disaster.

I personally think he would have made it. Puck was picked up at the top of the circle. I dont blame him for not trying though.

Good game all around.