The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Thought the Canucks had the edge in play and should have won the game... they missed a couple excellent chances.

But St Louis team didn't win the Cup by a fluke, they have probably the best defensive team in the league... when Binnington is playing well... which he was.

Gotta love Parayko and Pietrangelo... hard to find two D who are better.

Lots of dirty play by the Blues forwards on Pettersson... Refs let them get away with what should have been two clear calls.

Bad luck in OT, if a least one player had been able to get back, then I believe Marky could have stopped the chance... but everyone was out of position after Myers lost his edge and took out a team mate.

But overall I thought there were lots of positives in the game, and they did get a point after it looked like the Blues had shut them down in the third.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

No one is perfect, I agree. However, it always seems after every loss that the nitpicking comes out. We out shot the defending champions and came back against a team that was bunkering down most of the night. A gaffe that likely never happens again cost us the game and suddenly all of Green's OT decisions are questioned. If we win in OT, no one ever says, good job Green for putting those guys out. I think our record so far (21 points out of 30) should give Green some slack in terms of his decisions as he's more often making the right ones this year than not.

The thing is.........we aren't winning in OT. We aren't always losing, but we aren't winning.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Loui's tryin out there, & the fans appreciate it. But when this team gets rolling with Motte & Roussel added, it will be a handful.

Take the pt, & keep playing with this kinda' effort.

Miller Petey Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Virtanen 

Ferland Sutter Gaudette

Roussel Beagle Leivo

Sploosh

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

The thing is.........we aren't winning in OT. We aren't always losing, but we aren't winning.

Season is still young and no 3 on 3 in the playoffs. It's a nothingburger imo. If we still have no OT wins in 10 games then I'll be more concerned. 3 on 3 is a crapshoot. 

Edited by canuck73_3

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Like how?

I'd like to know in a game like that that ends like that how you'd like him to express his frustration?  A journal entry?

If he'd taken out a couple of Blues with his stick, I'd agree.  Maybe.

Marky breaking his stick comes off as direct frustration with Myers on that play.  That's what he was trying to say, and I see where he's coming from. 

6 hours ago, linden17 said:

I sincerely hope that most of Canucks nation isn’t actually blaming Markstrom. But it is. Ur embarrassing 

How can you blame a goalie when it's 3 on 0 and he's the last line of defence? 

Edited by debluvscanucks
Quote edited by mod
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, westsideconnect said:

I think the best way to sum it up for me is this - I realize it's the NHL and it's a different situation but if I was coaching a group of young hockey players and they were constantly out there smashing their stick over the post or boards they wouldn't be seeing very much ice time for their lack of composure temper tantrums.

good thing u arent involved in the canucks you sound like u never played hockey