The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I suspect that those posters whining about Markie showing emotion and caring about losing are the same posters who love to hate on LE for not doing so. They are hypocrites.

If Markie had hurt his team in any way by smashing his stick, like if he took a penalty, criticism would be justified.

But he did not hurt his team in any way. And IMO the vast majority of Canucks fans actually want our team to show emotion and to care about whether we win or lose.

19 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I am just glad we have players who actually show emotions for a change. We went years and years where it seemed acceptable to lose whether it be in the playoffs or in the regular season to teams we were far superior too. Character building like this will only make them stronger and its a lot better then going and whining to the refs about some injustice that happened in the game.

Feel the same way. I want our guys to show emotion and be mad at mistakes and losing. Imo, we need more of that, and have needed it for years. The passive "oh well, get 'em next time" approach can easily turn into a culture of complacency. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Feel the same way. I want our guys to show emotion and be mad at mistakes and losing. Imo, we need more of that, and have needed it for years. The passive "oh well, get 'em next time" approach can easily turn into a culture of complacency

Exactly, and it makes a team too easy to play against.  We now have a team that is hard to play against.  Let's keep that fire in the belly attitude.  "A Team Like That".  

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Exactly, and it makes a team too easy to play against.  We now have a team that is hard to play against.  Let's keep that fire in the belly attitude.  "A Team Like That".  

That quote is such an amazing motivator. If I was Green, I'd have the guys chanting that as they hit the ice to start each game.

At least use it in between periods if we're down ... "Are we really going to be a team like that? Are we really going to settle for that? The team we're playing right now thinks we're like that. Millsy, are you like that? Petey, are you like that? Schallotov, are you going to settle for that? Marky, do you think we're a team like that? Well, if no one thinks we're a team like that, let's get out there and not be THAT team!"

I'm firing myself up ... let's go!!!! 

22 hours ago, GreyHatnDart said:

Grapes, you're trolling right? I certainly hope so. I didn't quote em all but there was others saying similar? You all gotta be kidding, cuz if not :picard:

Actually Westside I liked his anger. Shows passion. Likely pissed right off at his team and a little at himself, as he came damn close to getting a piece of that with his blocker. 

Honestly though, how anyone possibly can put any blame on Marky for that one is beyond me lmao. 

Haha no I wasn’t kidding. I posted a few screenshots around page 10 to back myself up, check it out. If you disagree afterwards still that’s fine.

I would wager that Marky shares the same opinion as me given his reaction after the goal. He doesn’t usually smash his stick unless he’s mad at himself. It’s out of character for him to smash his stick being mad at the team.

Edited by Grape

On 11/7/2019 at 10:52 AM, Grape said:

Haha no I wasn’t kidding. I posted a few screenshots around page 10 to back myself up, check it out. If you disagree afterwards still that’s fine.

I would wager that Marky shares the same opinion as me given his reaction after the goal. He doesn’t usually smash his stick unless he’s mad at himself. It’s out of character for him to smash his stick being mad at the team.

I guess perhaps then you should lace em up in his place then. 

I'd wager he smashed his stick in frustration at his team, not with himself. They likely score regardless of how he played that, and had he rushed. Getzlaf-esque, you'd likely be saying he should've stayed in his net lmao.