The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Hawks November 7 2019 5:30pm Pacific - watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

I can see your point....but just because he is sitting out on a very good team, does not mean he does not have value to a weaker team

I mean, Miller was playing 3rd line in Tampa...……..hard to believe that, heh?

They can't scout him though because he is not playing anywhere.  He still has one year left.  Teams aren't just going to trade for him without watching him play after he was sidelined for so long last season.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

I can see your point....but just because he is sitting out on a very good team, does not mean he does not have value to a weaker team

I mean, Miller was playing 3rd line in Tampa...……..hard to believe that, heh?

And now Tampa blows. The window is closing for them. Miller's is just opening.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And I'm thinking that Gaudette learned from the experience and can only grow from it. Sitting him would be counterproductive, as he's a player that is important for the future of the team, where as Baertschi is most likely on his way out.

I agree sitting him would be counter productive.  He should be in Utica playing big mins developing as a cman........a far more valuable commodity than a winger

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Gaudette is NHL calibre, dont think he needs more time in Utica.  

12 points in 16 games in the AHL....23 years old...time is now for him...

he didn't look NHL calibre against St Louis, not even close.  I'd also prefer he develop as a cman, not a winger.  AG is likely to be packaged in a deal at some point and a developed cman is worth a lot more than a winger

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Cool. I've read numerous articles wherein the players stated that the NHL was a far faster, bigger, harder league.

Some coaches have said the contrary.  It's a slower league but for a skilled player they have less time in the AHL because it's a choppy game.  The puck doesn't come as cleanly and guys aren't necessarily as skilled so you can't make plays as quickly as in the NHL.  Opponents are not slowing down and still going at them hard.  Lots of players coming also from other leagues and not having learned how to hit cleanly.  

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I agree sitting him would be counter productive.  He should be in Utica playing big mins developing as a cman........a far more valuable commodity than a winger

I am not sure where Gaudette needs to be, as I see so many great things he is doing up here, but he needs to work on his face offs if he is going to be a NHL 3rd line center

If that is here, fine...if that is in the AHL for this year, fine...…...but I need to see an improvement in that regard

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

he didn't look NHL calibre against St Louis, not even close.  I'd also prefer he develop as a cman, not a winger.  AG is likely to be packaged in a deal at some point and a developed cman is worth a lot more than a winger

If we send young guys down after a game of not looking great against the elite teams we would have no young guys left on the big club. 

why would they package him up?  they struck gold with that kid in the 5th round...he looks better year after year.  Hes one of those players that will blossom over a few years, not everyone is gonna look like Petey and Hughes from the start.  I hope he unfolds into our permanent 3C.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Alflives said:

Marky is a huge tattoo covered Viking.  I’d love to see him lose it and pound the living crap out of Patrick Kane.  I’m talking an old fashioned $hi+ kicking.  Then he picks up Kane’s limp and lifeless body and tosses it over the boards.  Or Marky could just get a shutout.  I’d be happy with either.  

2 mins for roughing.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Darius said:

If we send young guys down after a game of not looking great against the elite teams we would have no young guys left on the big club. 

why would they package him up?  they struck gold with that kid in the 5th round...he looks better year after year.  Hes one of those players that will blossom over a few years, not everyone is gonna look like Petey and Hughes from the start.  I hope he unfolds into our permanent 3C.

where's he going to play?  He's not bumping out Petey or Bo and I don't see Sutter going anywhere anytime soon.

I'm not sure why people are so down on letting young players develop........it's not a demotion, it's a step in the process

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

where's he going to play?  He's not bumping out Petey or Bo and I don't see Sutter going anywhere anytime soon.

I'm not sure why people are so down on letting young players develop........it's not a demotion, it's a step in the process

im all for development but he is 23 years old  and should be given a chance here.  He had an excellent pre-season and management has stated they will make room for players that show well right from training camp.  If you send him down after he basically broke down the door in sept/early oct what message does that send to your young players?

He has only played 6 games, i hope they give him several more games in all sorts of situations.

I see him as a replacement for Sutter.     Where I do agree is this...if they want to put him on the wing for a long time or if hes gonna be in and out of the lineup they might as well send him down to the A.

Edited by Darius
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

im all for development but he is 23 years old  and should be given a chance here.  He had an excellent pre-season and management has stated they will make room for players that show well right from training camp.  If you send him down after he basically broke down the door in sept/early oct what message does that send to your young players?

He has only played 6 games, i hope they give him several more games in all sorts of situations.

I see him as a replacement for Sutter.     Where I do agree is this...if they want to put him on the wing for a long time or if hes gonna be in and out of the lineup they might as well send him down to the A.

that's my point..........he did have a good pre-season, no doubt.  However, despite a cpl of goals, he hasn't looked great on the wing in this recent call up, imo.  Baer would be a much much better option on the w.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

that's my point..........he did have a good pre-season, no doubt.  However, despite a cpl of goals, he hasn't looked great on the wing in this recent call up, imo.  Baer would be a much much better option on the w.

if you used those same standards for Jake (a guy you seem to give a lot more rope too) he would never have been in the lineup for the past 3 seasons lol.

Hes got 3 points in 6 games, not terrible by any standard, especially when you consider he has been bounced around and in and out of the lineup.

Id give him several more games to see what he can do.   I think he is on the cusp of taking a big step.

at this point i suppose i agree to disagree

1 minute ago, Darius said:

if you used those same standards for Jake (a guy you seem to give a lot more rope too) he would never have been in the lineup for the past 3 seasons lol.

Hes got 3 points in 6 games, not terrible by any standard, especially when you consider he has been bounced around and in and out of the lineup.

Id give him several more games to see what he can do.   I think he is on the cusp of taking a big step.

at this point i suppose i agree to disagree

They only have 12 games left before he is waiver eligible.  Once Motte, Ferland and Roussel are back he is at risk of being in and out of the lineup.  If they've used up those 12 games - they can't send him to the AHL without exposing him to waivers. 

• Upvote 1