The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Hawks November 7 2019 5:30pm Pacific - watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I changed my tune.  It’s Keith I want our very large and tattooed Viking to destroy.  Yup, I’m into the sauce early  :towel:and taken out my little book of retribution.  

your scotch bottle half empty? or half full?

3 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Hopefully Edler steps up his game because he's been horrendous the last few. Had a good third period though hopefully he continues with that. 

I'm a big fan of Edler, I always come to his defense when people are bashing him on CDC, but you are right. He's looked terrible last couple of games on offense and on D. I wonder if it has anything to do with the injuries and playing 35 minutes in back to back games? He isn't getting any younger you know.

I thought Stech and Benn looked mediocre as well. Tanev was consistent and Myers was okay except for that missed shot in OT that cost them the game. On a positive note even with the D not having the best performance overall we still held the Stanley Cup champs to 1 goal in regulation and Marky didn't have to stand on his head to keep us in it. It's a great sign. If this is what we can do when the D core are subpar how will we do when everyone is on top of thier game?

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Marky is a huge tattoo covered Viking.  I’d love to see him lose it and pound the living crap out of Patrick Kane.  I’m talking an old fashioned $hi+ kicking.  Then he picks up Kane’s limp and lifeless body and tosses it over the boards.  Or Marky could just get a shutout.  I’d be happy with either.  

You just described Marky as the Hound! 

b7efe7e0b11173b0323.jpg.474e34f35491124e58a6c52f37ed3bbf.jpg

58 minutes ago, Cup2022 said:

Looking forward to EP leading buy example like the tying goal in last game first on the for check and setting the screen for Hughes shot. six shots on net while being chopped all game

Agree and I also like that he’s learning to push back with some hits and borderline stick work just on the right side of non-calls. 

1 hour ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Part of an article on the Province.   Berube agrees we have a good team. 

GMJB is building a team with skill but with bigger bodies and grit.  The best is yet to come.  So excited!

“That was a big-boy game,” added Green. “That’s a heavy team and they know how to win. To win a Cup you have to play in heavy games, and that was the most physical one we’ve been in this season and we handled it very well. It was a fun game to coach. A lot of intensity. A great game. When you’re playing a team like St. Louis, it’s a grind. They take up a lot of space and there’s not a lot for either team.

“I’m happy with our game.”

Green would have also been happy had he heard the post-game plaudits delivered by Craig Berube. The Blues coach lauded the Canucks in every conceivable manner.

“They’ve got a good mindset,” said Berube. “They’re skating and attacking with five guys and have everybody going. They’re doing a good job and are a tough team to play against. They put you on your heels a bit with their speed and attack, and their defence is very involved. (Quinn) Hughes is a dynamic player and creates a lot of stuff. That’s a good hockey club.”

But what does Berube know? /s

It’s great to see that a lot of posters on this board are positive and supportive of the way this team is growing in stature day by day. I’ve been a fan since day one, and it’s hard to think of a Canuck team that’s played a more complete game. 
I am so stoked. Waiting eagerly for this game. GCG :gocan:

1 hour ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Part of an article on the Province.   Berube agrees we have a good team. 

GMJB is building a team with skill but with bigger bodies and grit.  The best is yet to come.  So excited!

“That was a big-boy game,” added Green. “That’s a heavy team and they know how to win. To win a Cup you have to play in heavy games, and that was the most physical one we’ve been in this season and we handled it very well. It was a fun game to coach. A lot of intensity. A great game. When you’re playing a team like St. Louis, it’s a grind. They take up a lot of space and there’s not a lot for either team.

“I’m happy with our game.”

Green would have also been happy had he heard the post-game plaudits delivered by Craig Berube. The Blues coach lauded the Canucks in every conceivable manner.

“They’ve got a good mindset,” said Berube. “They’re skating and attacking with five guys and have everybody going. They’re doing a good job and are a tough team to play against. They put you on your heels a bit with their speed and attack, and their defence is very involved. (Quinn) Hughes is a dynamic player and creates a lot of stuff. That’s a good hockey club.”

Yeah, I remember before the Blues game an article (St Louis dispatch I think) where the Blues were all very complimentary towards the Canucks saying we were young, talented and fast and were not surprised at our success. They Definitely have class about respecting their opponent, just like most of us here respected them on their defensive play last night.

Could see a great potential playoff matchup with them if we get there. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

I’m really hoping Jake lays out that little puke Debrincat with a big hit, and the punk gets stretchered off.  Hate the Hawks, and their players.  Anyone on CDC that likes the Hawks needs to reevaluate if they’re truly a Canuck’s fan, or one of these cute little fellers.  

F8C72F23-080B-4EC3-AFE5-7D7BE826DBB1.jpeg

This is no way to rep our fan base it should be undying love for our team not hatred for the foe!!!

ps: Go Canucks go kick the $#@* out of them just no injuries clean game and with the boys in blue for the dub :metal:

Edited by CanuckleHorse
Probably because

7 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Chicago plays an up tempo run-and-gun style with little emphasis on defense. The current Canucks are very well suited to this style of play. I predict a 7-2 blowout!

I think you meant "Chicago 'played' an up tempo run-and-gun style".  Currently, they're a team that is aging quickly and have trouble keeping up with the zamboni.

It will most likely be a 7-2 blowout like you predicted, but it won't be because of the Canucks taking advantage of Chicago's style of play; it's because the Hawks are old and they just flat out suck now.

At least Boqvist and Dach have looked promising. 

Canucks are #1 favorite to win the cup??? I know it's early but seeing Boston at #3 makes me dream about the current Canucks avenging 2011 Canucks. Would love to see Marchand cry at the hands of EP, Hughes, Bo, Brock and company.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, khay said:

Canucks are #1 favorite to win the cup??? I know it's early but seeing Boston at #3 makes me dream about the current Canucks avenging 2011 Canucks. Would love to see Marchand cry at the hands of EP, Hughes, Bo, Brock and company.

I'd absolutely love to see both Ferkland and Roussel trolling Marchand constantly... on top of hammering him into obliviousness....

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 1