The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Hawks November 7 2019 5:30pm Pacific - watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

44 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Chicago's defense is spent. Vancouver is going to exploit it tonight. Vancouver is faster, larger, stronger, and younger. The Hawks just don't have the horses to win this race, and Green should get the team pressing from the word go.

Vancouver going to expose the defense for what they really are. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dpn1 said:

Not to make too much of a big deal but mocking a man's emotional state when he has struggled with Mental Illness isn't good.  I find this a bit offensive.  I know you probably didn't mean anything by it but I thought I should mention it.

well...that's exactly what you did.  Nothing in the OP's post was a dig on his mental state or even remotely refers to his mental issues.   

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Great... bad goalie... means he will shut the door on us

In previous seasons, I would have agreed with you. However, the Canucks just came off a solid game against the Stanley Cup champions that ended in a less than stellar way. They'll be raring to go, and Crawford could very well be ventilated.

I hope Baertschi gets a shot and does well.  Chicago is probably a good team for him to play against and he does have chemistry with Horvat.  It is funny how the chemistry thing works.  I think Beagle, who is playing amazingly well, had a lot of chemistry with Motte and those two were a menace even on offense.  Without Motte, Beagle has disappeared from the O zone a little, not that anyone is expecting him to score.  Sutter also seems to show up more with some players more than others.  He and Gaudette aren't bad together.  

I hate to pick on Loui but that guy seems to drag everyone down offensively.  He is responsible on D.  Never seen him have chemistry with anyone on the canucks and the guy played with the Sedins and Horvat who make everyone look good.  

Edited by hobart16
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

well...that's exactly what you did.  Nothing in the OP's post was a dig on his mental state or even remotely refers to his mental issues.   

I am not trying to be a Jerk but I have a child with Bi-polar disorder and I am a bit sensitive about it.  I don't think anyone meant anything by it (I did say this previously).  I don't feel wanting to encourage some one with a mental illness to lose it is a good thing.  This is my opinion and we can just agree to disagree.  Blessings. :)

11 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Have you read the posts? People jump all over him even in games when he has stood on his head. 

Marky is not a problem 

Green playing Leivo in OT over Jake is a problem 

If people don't agree with Marky breaking his stick like that in a moment of frustration doesn't mean they hate 

Saying people hate him is a reach. 

I haven't come across a post where i think people hate him..

I'm sure you'll quote it and show me. Let's see it. Quote the post you read...

Edited by WHL rocks

Don’t underestimate the opponent. They still got players who are dangerous when they turn on their game. Canucks need to come out early, pile up the shots and goals early and take it from there. Don’t let their standings fool you, they are still a dangerous team offensively. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Part of an article on the Province.   Berube agrees we have a good team. 

GMJB is building a team with skill but with bigger bodies and grit.  The best is yet to come.  So excited!

“That was a big-boy game,” added Green. “That’s a heavy team and they know how to win. To win a Cup you have to play in heavy games, and that was the most physical one we’ve been in this season and we handled it very well. It was a fun game to coach. A lot of intensity. A great game. When you’re playing a team like St. Louis, it’s a grind. They take up a lot of space and there’s not a lot for either team.

“I’m happy with our game.”

Green would have also been happy had he heard the post-game plaudits delivered by Craig Berube. The Blues coach lauded the Canucks in every conceivable manner.

“They’ve got a good mindset,” said Berube. “They’re skating and attacking with five guys and have everybody going. They’re doing a good job and are a tough team to play against. They put you on your heels a bit with their speed and attack, and their defence is very involved. (Quinn) Hughes is a dynamic player and creates a lot of stuff. That’s a good hockey club.”

I really liked Berube as a player when I was younger . Especilly his philly days..His team plays same way he played. 

Canucks are a skating team with ability to play heavy. That's a potent mix. This isn't a flash in the pan for October. This is a solid team that has the ability to win a couple of playoff rounds. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, hobart16 said:

I hope Baertschi gets a shot and does well.  Chicago is probably a good team for him to play against and he does have chemistry with Horvat.  It is funny how the chemistry thing works.  I think Beagle, who is playing amazingly well, had a lot of chemistry with Motte and those two were a menace even on offense.  Without Motte, Beagle has disappeared from the O zone a little, not that anyone is expecting him to score.  Sutter also seems to show up more with some players more than others.  He and Gaudette aren't bad together.  

I hate to pick on Loui but that guy seems to drag everyone down offensively.  He is responsible on D.  Never seen him have chemistry with anyone on the canucks and the guy played with the Sedins and Horvat who make everyone look good.  

I disagree. Wasn't LE the one that generated Schallitoff's goal on his first game back?

His second game wasn't effective as we were man-up or man-down most of that game. 

Third game, he played solid. 

As u said, we don't expect much offensive production from our 4th line. That being said, our GAA when he was on the ice was solid enough for me. 

No reason to take him out unless he has a bad game. So far, I think our lineup has been good. 

So it's not good to start experimenting with Baer who hasn't played an NHL game this season yet. 

Funny u mentioned chemistry is an important factor and by slotting Baer back into Bo's line would disrupt chemistry from other lines. 

Our 3rd line has been solid as well so like I said, no real reason to experiment/ juggle the lines right now. 

Don't get me wrong. I don't like LE's contracts, too. And I would rather give our young players more opportunities. 

But LE hasn't really shown any red flags for me thus far. And other LWs like Pearson and Leivo has been busting their balls every game since Baer has been called up.

Not to mention Gaudette who has actually been putting up some numbers. 

I think that's why Green is keeping things as they are. 

And I agree with that. 

It's unfortunate for Baer to have to sit. But it is fair move and I hope he waits patiently for his opportunity then seize it when the time comes. 

6 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Don’t underestimate the opponent. They still got players who are dangerous when they turn on their game. Canucks need to come out early, pile up the shots and goals early and take it from there. Don’t let their standings fool you, they are still a dangerous team offensively. 

100% correct. The canucks cant afford to underestimate any opponent. This hot start to start the year is nice for sure. But I remember a few years ago when Montreal started 10-0 and missed the playoffs. Every game they need to play like they have something to prove. Which I have a feeling they will! Go nucks go baby! 4-2 win tonight 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2