The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Hawks November 7 2019 5:30pm Pacific - watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

5 minutes ago, hobart16 said:

I hope Baertschi gets a shot and does well.  Chicago is probably a good team for him to play against and he does have chemistry with Horvat.  It is funny how the chemistry thing works.  I think Beagle, who is playing amazingly well, had a lot of chemistry with Motte and those two were a menace even on offense.  Without Motte, Beagle has disappeared from the O zone a little, not that anyone is expecting him to score.  Sutter also seems to show up more with some players more than others.  He and Gaudette aren't bad together.  

I hate to pick on Loui but that guy seems to drag everyone down offensively.  He is responsible on D.  Never seen him have chemistry with anyone on the canucks and the guy played with the Sedins and Horvat who make everyone look good.  

There's a direct correlation with last year and this year. We needed size and toughness in the line up as we were stuck in our zone most of the time and had a lot of injuries because of it. Tanev and Edler take a lot of abuse when the opposition is using you as a shooting gallery. Our players were not big enough or strong enough to manhandle the puck off of the opposition. This year? We have players such as Ferlund,Miller,Leivo,Pearson,Bo,Schaller and Virtanen giving our young guys room to do their stuff. Balance.

Big difference from Goldy,Beartchi etc. who give us nothing when they are not producing. 

Look how easy we leave our zone this year as opposed to the past few years. Look how often we go into the corners and come out with the puck.

I would much rather see Petey and Boes work their magic in the O' Zone as opposed to trying to fight for the puck in the D' Zone for most of their shift. 

14 minutes ago, hobart16 said:

I hope Baertschi gets a shot and does well.  Chicago is probably a good team for him to play against and he does have chemistry with Horvat.  It is funny how the chemistry thing works.  I think Beagle, who is playing amazingly well, had a lot of chemistry with Motte and those two were a menace even on offense.  Without Motte, Beagle has disappeared from the O zone a little, not that anyone is expecting him to score.  Sutter also seems to show up more with some players more than others.  He and Gaudette aren't bad together.  

I hate to pick on Loui but that guy seems to drag everyone down offensively.  He is responsible on D.  Never seen him have chemistry with anyone on the canucks and the guy played with the Sedins and Horvat who make everyone look good.  

Agreed, either sit Loui and move Pearson or Gaudette to the 4th.

move Baer to Horvats line and see how it goes. Also add him to the 2nd unit PP

Nothing against our existing lineup including Loui's role right now or Gaudette, but Baer needs to get some play time sooner than later

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

I’m hoping that Canucks play hard nosed against Duncan Keith, and he limps off in pain. Still pissed about his cheap shot on Daniel in 2012. 
Poughty and the Queens might not have beaten us in the playoffs that year, if Daniel hadn’t been blindsided by that worthless scumbag.

That Keith cheap shot was in response to Willy Mitchell hit on Toews. 

Canucks didn't respond  after that. Needed more toughness on that team. Can't win a Cup relying on the P.P. 

The powers that be will never let a team playing that style win a Cup. Not in my life time. Same reason Leafs won't win with their current makeup. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Agreed, either sit Loui and move Pearson or Gaudette to the 4th.

move Baer to Horvats line and see how it goes. Also add him to the 2nd unit PP

Nothing against our existing lineup including Loui's role right now or Gaudette, but Baer needs to get some play time sooner than later

You mean that guy that was waived and picked up by......nobody? Nothing against Beartchi but we are doing OK without him. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

I’m really hoping Jake lays out that little puke Debrincat with a big hit, and the punk gets stretchered off.  Hate the Hawks, and their players.  Anyone on CDC that likes the Hawks needs to reevaluate if they’re truly a Canuck’s fan, or one of these cute little fellers.  

F8C72F23-080B-4EC3-AFE5-7D7BE826DBB1.jpeg

So much hate in this thread.

Not just you Alf , I see Deb and Hairy leading the way.

We finally have a team that makes us happy and you are turning it into a hatefest.

What happened to character guys, leading by example and role modeling for the youth?

Grow up.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, lmm said:

So much hate in this thread.

Not just you Alf , I see Deb and Hairy leading the way.

We finally have a team that makes us happy and you are turning it into a hatefest.

What happened to character guys, leading by example and role modeling for the youth?

Grow up.

Hatred of the Hawks, especially Duncan Keith, festers like an old sore.  "Revenge is a dish best served cold."    

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

That Keith cheap shot was in response to Willy Mitchell hit on Toews. 

Canucks didn't respond  after that. Needed more toughness on that team. Can't win a Cup relying on the P.P. 

The powers that be will never let a team playing that style win a Cup. Not in my life time. Same reason Leafs won't win with their current makeup. 

Nope.  It was because Daniel embarrassed Keith by knocking him over in the corner on the previous play.  Plus, Keith (being the puke he is) knew that the Hawks needed again to go through us in the playoffs, and a concussed Daniel would make that task easier.  The guy is 100% :sick:

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

You mean that guy that was waived and picked up by......nobody? Nothing against Beartchi but we are doing OK without him. 

At the start of the season when teams are trying to get under the cap and down to their 23 player roster.  There are also concerns with his concussion history - teams need to know that he can still play.

It's just going to get more expensive to move him.  They need his cap space and if he doesn't play anywhere hard to get another team to trade for him.  Wouldn't be surprising if it ends up in a buyout but it has a cap hit (1.77M the 1st year and then 800K).

----

Are they really trying to develop Gaudette as a winger.  Thought he was Sutter's replacement at some point.  He becomes waiver eligible in 12 games and cannot return to the AHL for development.  

Edited by mll

I remind everyone, that the game is decided on the ice, and not on CDC

I hope the Canucks go out there and play their game, and there will be no problems

Skate, be creative, and be disciplined, and the "win" will look after itself

Step onto the ice thinking you don't have to worry, and you will find that

there just isn't that much difference in the teams.....or any of the teams for that matter

We have a great young team, who look to be ready to make their mark

The worst thing they could do is think they don't have to work to win

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Why does Baertschi need to get playing time? Because he was called up? I don't get that. Certainly he's a fan favorite here, but the team is clipping along perfectly fine without him in the lineup. If someone is injured, I'd be all for giving him a shot, but until that time, I'm thinking Green might stay with the roster that's working.

I think some look at individual players success over the team overall. I have favorites too but its ultimately how the team does is what I am most concerned about.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Gaudette
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser 
Leivo-Sutter-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Eriksson

Baertschi

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher

Fantenberg

Obviously knock against wood, but because our top six has been so healthy, haven't gotten a chance to see Fantenberg.  Would eventually like to see what we have in him.  I know its nothing special, but always nice being able to see what your extra dman is capable of and whether more depth is needed.

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

That's just silly. To hope for a player to be injured and strechered off is not something we should be posting on this forum. 

Maybe you had a few scotch shots when making this post Alfie but let's not get carried away. 

Hockey gives us all a lot of entertainment. To wish for players to be injured isn't a good thing imho. 

Except in this case. "revenge is a dish best served cold".  Their 40 goal scorer for ours.  Seems fair enough to me.  

Even during the tough past few years Canucks showed up and played well against Chicago (for the most part).

Canucks thrive in games where the other team wants to play a transition, wide open game.  Havent seen enough of the hawks this year but im guessing the style they play will create the environment Canucks like (unlike the clutch and grab, defensive minded games we saw in NJ, Anaheim etc)

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

That's just silly. To hope for a player to be injured and strechered off is not something we should be posting on this forum. 

Maybe you had a few scotch shots when making this post Alfie but let's not get carried away. 

Hockey gives us all a lot of entertainment. To wish for players to be injured isn't a good thing imho. 

Totally agree. However should Keith get hurt I don’t expect any sympathy. 

• Upvote 2