The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Hawks November 7 2019 5:30pm Pacific - watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

53 minutes ago, bree2 said:

why is Gaudette on a line with Horvat and not Virtanen,  Jake has been playing better than  Adam, imo , but I could be wrong , but I don't think Adam is ready for playing with Horvat

I have noticed that Green will flip them depending on variables during the game. Virt plays better with Sutter. Gaud jumps off the line quick but kinda lulls as the game progresses. My POV

Predicting a big game for the 4th line.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ronning4center said:

Im not so sure that he's earned anything.  His points per game is still below bottom six and he looked pretty damn outmatched against the blues.  

Feels like we are forcing this concept.  Doesnt look like a lock to me.

Remember Bo when he first started? He had a few off nights as well. He will be fine. He is learning a lot of things right now and points will eventually come as he progresses. 

If the Canucks that played against STL the other night show up, they will beat the Hawks convincingly. I think because of how they lost, they will definitely want this win - in regulation. Good to hear Markstrom is starting, get him back in there. He should have a good game.  

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hatred of the Hawks, especially Duncan Keith, festers like an old sore.  "Revenge is a dish best served cold."    

Hey Alf, what does this cliche actually mean?

And how is it relevant?

12 minutes ago, Darius said:

genuine question here (and may be a dumb one)  what does this mean?  Escrow?  They put money aside for something in the NHL?

How does the NHL escrow work?
The NHL and NHLPA withhold a percentage of player salaries, or escrow, during the season as a mechanism to ensure teams and players achieve a 50-50 split of hockey related revenue, per the rules set in the CBA. ... The amount of the escrow is simply a function of how high the cap is. Higher the cap, higher the escrow.
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

If the Canucks that played against STL the other night show up, they will beat the Hawks convincingly. I think because of how they lost, they will definitely want this win - in regulation. Good to hear Markstrom is starting, get him back in there. He should have a good game.  

I only see 2 reasons why we don't win, we don't work hard enough or their goalie stands on his head. We have the tools to beat them, we just have to use them.

29 minutes ago, mll said:

They shouldn't have called him up.  They could have called up a prospect for the experience and the extra cash.  They need to find a way to move his contract and it's not by sitting him that they will achieve that.

Well, they did. His reputation in Utica hasn't just vaporized. I agree that he should be sent back down to help Utica right now, as they seem to be suffering somewhat without him.

29 minutes ago, lmm said:

I guess for some people , with some players , 4 years is not a long enough demo period.

Jake's a bust, Jake's a bust! Oh wait Jake is not a bust and he is scoring at the same rate that Baertschi scored last year

Some people are impatient fans and always need a scapegoat to take their anger out on.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

They could have done that. But by calling him up we free up playing time in Utica where we actually want the prospects to be. The less prospects sitting on the bench the better right now. 

I feel for Baertschi but he is collecting a pay cheque either way. I think folks are letting their sentimentality for this player blind them to the fact every other team in the NHL was given a chance to take him for nothing and declined. 

As with Eriksson he will get playing time if and when players are injured. 

Baer doesn't take playing time away from our prospects in Utica because of the rules for lineup composition.

To maintain it's position as a developmental league for the NHL, the AHL has what is referred to as the “Veteran Rule.” ... The rule states that an AHL team must dress at least 12 skaters that have played 260 or less games in the NHL, AHL, IHL, or European Elite Leagues prior to the start of the season.

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

Gaudette looked completely overmatched and overwhelmed against the Blues, Baer deserves a shot after that, imo.

And I'm thinking that Gaudette learned from the experience and can only grow from it. Sitting him would be counterproductive, as he's a player that is important for the future of the team, where as Baertschi is most likely on his way out.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think some look at individual players success over the team overall. I have favorites too but its ultimately how the team does is what I am most concerned about.

Same. This roster is gelling really well and it shows. Everyone is invested and focused. While Sven is a nice guy, he's not really part of the plan anymore. As @mll mentioned, he should be sent back down to Utica and get playing time to showcase him for other teams. Once Roussel returns, I'd hope that Benning sends Eriksson down to Utica to join Baertschi.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

They could have done that. But by calling him up we free up playing time in Utica where we actually want the prospects to be. The less prospects sitting on the bench the better right now. 

I feel for Baertschi but he is collecting a pay cheque either way. I think folks are letting their sentimentality for this player blind them to the fact every other team in the NHL was given a chance to take him for nothing and declined. 

As with Eriksson he will get playing time if and when players are injured. 

The prospects are playing.  They had to call up guys from the ECHL on AHL deals to play as they have injuries of their own.  He was helping the prospects in Utica.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Same. This roster is gelling really well and it shows. Everyone is invested and focused. While Sven is a nice guy, he's not really part of the plan anymore. As @mll mentioned, he should be sent back down to Utica and get playing time to showcase him for other teams. Once Roussel returns, I'd hope that Benning sends Eriksson down to Utica to join Baertschi.

Baertchi was a placeholder until we got guys like Petey and Boes, so was Goldy. They(Goldy,Baert) are only replacements at this point. People complain about Pearson, Leivo and the like , but they are there for completely different reasons. Size and toughness in the line up is part of the reason we are successful this year and I would argue why we have less injuries too. Look what Miller has done for Petey and Boes, not sure Goldy or Baert could do the same.

Yes once Roussel returns, a player in the line up will move to the press box and Loui will go down to the minors.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Bo’s first season in the NHL was rough, but the team stuck with him.

We’ve also given Jake 5 years (and counting) to get his game together. 

You’re telling me you want to send Adam down because he looked shaky against the cup champs and because he hasn’t produced to expectations, despite being in and out of the lineup? And I’m not even going to get into the fact that he arguably hasn’t been given the fair shake he more than earned in pre-season. 

What's the guarantee that Green won't take him in and out of the lineup once Roussel, Ferland and Motte are back.  How is that going to help to develop his game.  

If he plays another 12 games they can no longer send him to Utica without waivers.  Development will have to happen at the NHL level but with everyone healthy will Green really give him a roster spot and enough minutes to develop.   

42 minutes ago, Darius said:

Gaudette is NHL calibre, dont think he needs more time in Utica.  

12 points in 16 games in the AHL....23 years old...time is now for him...

points in the AHL  is not the same as the NHL,  I am not against him getting  time in the NHL ,  but being in the top 6 , I just don't think  he is ready for it