The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Fabbri for de la Rose

goalie13

ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced Wednesday night that the Blues have acquired forward Jacob de la Rose from the Detroit Red Wings in exchange for forward Robby Fabbri.

De la Rose, 24, was originally drafted by the Montreal Canadiens in the second round (No. 34 overall) of the 2013 NHL Draft. This season, the 6-foot-3, 215-pound forward has appeared in 16 games with the Red Wings, collecting a goal and three assists.

Overall, de la Rose has dressed in 195 career regular-season games between the Canadiens and Red Wings, totaling 32 points (12 goals, 20 assists) and 71 penalty minutes. In addition, the Arvika, Sweden native captured a gold medal with Team Sweden at the 2018 World Championships.

Fabbri, 23, was originally drafted by the Blues in the first round (No. 21 overall) of the 2014 NHL Draft. In four seasons with the Blues, the Mississauga, Ontario native amassed 73 points (32 goals, 41 assists) and 60 penalty minutes in 164 regular-season games. Fabbri also appeared in 30 postseason games with the Blues, including 10 last season when he helped the team capture the 2019 Stanley Cup Championship.

Edited by goalie13

It's a meh trade. But Fabbri got his name on the cup, nobody can take that from him.

Same with Del Zotto, it's wild they actually put his name on the cup considering how little he played for them. I suppose when you win you can afford to be generous.

cut.jpg

Such a shame what happened to fabbri BACK TO BACK knee surgeries have derailed a once promising career

He just doesn’t have that power or explosiveness in his stride anymore to create space for his skill to come to fruition 

decent trade for both sides 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Same with Del Zotto, it's wild they actually put his name on the cup considering how little he played for them. I suppose when you win you can afford to be generous.

There's actually rules about who goes on the Cup.  St.Louis doesn't get to pick and choose.

I believe Del Zotto qualified as he played one more than the required 41 regular season games that year.  It doesn't seem to matter that he did so by playing for three different teams and only seven of those games were for St. Louis.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

There's actually rules about who goes on the Cup.  St.Louis doesn't get to pick and choose.

I believe Del Zotto qualified as he played one more than the required 41 regular season games that year.  It doesn't seem to matter that he did so by playing for three different teams and only seven of those games were for St. Louis.

You're right, I actually forgot about that in his case because where he played his games was so scattered. He just barely made it over the hump having played 42.

It's either a minimum of 41 regular season games or one game in the finals.

Edited by Coconuts

39 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

You're right, I actually forgot about that in his case because where he played his games was so scattered. He just barely made it over the hump having played 42.

It's either a minimum of 41 regular season games or one game in the finals.

This was the published criteria when Washington won the Cup and I presume these rules are still in effect.

Players who've played at least 41 regular season games for the winning team or at least one game in the Stanley Cup Final automatically get their name on the Cup. Any others will need to go through a petitioning process put forth by the Capitals in order to get their names included.Jun 12, 2018

• Upvote 2

Only one name has been added to the Cup against the rules over the years. When the Edmonton Oilers won their first championship in 1984, owner Peter Pocklington included his father's name, Basil Pocklington, among the names engraved. It was later scratched out with a series of Xs.

The Tradition of the Rings 

It takes 13 years to fill a ring on the Stanley Cup with names. When a ring is full, an older ring is removed from near the top of the Cup and put on display in the Hockey Hall of Fame.

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I think the Blues were so upset about being pushed around and outhit by the Canucks that they decided go out and get more size (i.e., 5'10", 190 Fabbri for 6'3", 215 de la Rose).  Loading up, just in case they have to face us in the playoffs!

Yeahhh!!! 
would be a bruising series for sure

I think people are remembering Fabbri from a few years ago. He hasn't been the same since his knee injuries. Detroit is banking that he still has potential and St Louis gets a solid bottom 6 contributor. St Louis will continue to develop Thomas, Kyrou and Kostin in his place.

This is sort of like Detroit taking on a Baertschi when we acquired him. Expect instead of giving up a 2nd, it's a player who's a former 2nd rounder. But Baertschi was on the cusp of the NHL whereas Fabbri could be on his way out of the NHL if he doesn't find his game back.

Edited by theo5789

Man, I used to love Robbi Fabbri's game. Its a shame that his knees haven't been able to hold up.

You best believe that if Fabbri finds his game, ya boy will be picking up a Wings Jersey with his name on it. Fabbri on the back of a Wings jersey just fits to me.