The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Call for Proposal's (Jason Zucker) - Discussion

On 11/7/2019 at 1:22 PM, janisahockeynut said:

I am going to do this a little differently this time. So, I think we are doing great, and this is just for interest to see what kind of idea's will come out.

What would it cost to get Jason Zucker? Keep in mind, that Minnesota is in a down turn, and would love some of our younger players and prospects.

Prospects not in play Podkolzin , Hoglander, Madden and Rathbone

IMO, players that are in play are

Ferland, Leivo, Pearson, Baertschi, Sutter, Ericksson, Virtanen, Motte

Goldobin, McEwen, Lind, Palmu, Keppan, Karlsson, Lockwood and Focht

Tanev and Stecher

Joulevi, Brisebois,  and Saunter

DiPietro

Please note Jason Zucker is scoring at a 50 point rate, on a bad team

Jason Zucker is 27 yrs old, and plays both LW and RW, and plays on the first line

Zucker makes $5.500,000 for 4 years, counting this one.

Minnesota has $2,955,444 in cap space

My thought in this, we just look so close to a top 10 club, it isn't funny. With Roussel coming in, sometime in the next month, we are going to be getting even stronger. Adding a player like Zucker to the current lineup, makes them even tougher to play against. I believe we can move enough cap to fit him in.

I also, think Minnesota is looking for a deal. (They were in the summer)

Hey, if it is a rotten idea, say so, and say why...…….

If there is no support, just let it die in indifference.....Thanks!

Unfortunately, I think Zucker will cost the Canucks more than they’d be willing to part with (either in the form of decent young future assets, or a situation where we’d be robbing Peter to pay Paul).

Having a good scoring winger for Bo would be nice, but the Canucks need to be patient.   We aren’t winning the cup this year anyways.   Let someone like Virtanen or Gaudette grow into the role, while we have guys like Hoglander and Podkolzin waiting in the wings.

Canucks primary focus this year should be to try and stay healthy and just make the playoffs.   Bring back Tryamkin when his season in Russia finishes.