The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Nov. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I don't think it's as simple as a Baertschi for Eriksson swap.  Green likes that Beagle 4th line to be a total shutdown line.  Currently, Beagle and Schaller are playing really well and Eriksson is just holding things down until Motte (or Roussell) returns.  I don't think Green sees Baertschi or Gaudette as a fit on that line as they aren't as good defensively.

I do agree, though, that it may be time to try Baertschi with Horvat, but my guess is it'll come at the expense of Leivo or Gaudette.

Well then move Pearson to the 4th line, he hasn’t been doing much but at least he brings more than Loui.

Simple fix.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I'll never know how Schaller managed not to clear the zone before Kane's goal

Its hard to single out one play in the game.

They simply got outworked when opening a game, and got down. Again.

Then they were chasing the rest of the game.

Passing at times was atrocious.

Crawford kept them in it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Baer in, Eriksson out. Move Leivo to the 4th line, Pearson to the 3rd. 

This is exactly what I would do. The other suggestion is Pearson on the 4th. I think a wake up call to Pearson might not be the worst thing either.

I didn't gain a lot of support for playing Baer in another thread, but I really believe it is worth a shot while we have a few gritty guys out and space available.

LE has been awful - as expected. Hell, he tripped over nothing tonight on the sideboards. Pretty much sums up his performancr so far. Even of he is good defensively, what we gain with Baer is ability to score on the 2nd, as well as a better player bumped onto the 4th.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Conscience said:

Well then move Pearson to the 4th line, he hasn’t been doing much but at least he brings more than Loui.

Simple fix.

Pearson would do better on the wing with Sutter and Virt until Roussell gets back. A responsible D line that can score. 

I would also like to see something happen with Bo's line. I think he has more to give O wise. Baer might be an answer but... there are a lot of ifs. However, The Canucks did not show up this game. 

Refs were terrible for both teams 

lol can't afford to drop points against bottom feeders teams.. we need all the points we can get from bottom feeders if we are going to stay in the playoff pictures.. while everyone is all giddy and happy the canucks are off to an amazing start.. our records against teams that are tied or currently in the playoff ain't exactly great lol.. we actually have a losing record against good teams. 2-2-3 and amazing record against teams that are not in the playoff picture... 

I don't get the Leivo hate on here. He was a beast on the boards, and made some solid plays. Started in the D zone 60% of the game, Corsi even, and was +1. Thought he was one of our better players...

...Which is the problem.

The top line had a really bad game. I've never seen Pettersson give the puck away so often and easily. Boeser looked lost at times. And Miller was playing hard, but definitely not smart.

Despite the assist, I didn't see much from Gaudette tonight, and from his ice time I think Green felt the same. If I had to guess, I think next game Baertschi will take his place.

who, we gonna fire...who, we gonna trade? be careful. you don’t get hit with the falling sky. 

our power play... if they do well, it is the players, if they have trouble, it’s all on brown. the opposing team and goalie have nothing to do with it. 

• Haha 1