The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Nov. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Watching that game was like waking up from a glorious sleep where I dreamt the Canucks were an unstoppable force of a team to be reckoned with. And then reality set in. That was pretty awful. Canucks made the Hawks look like contenders. IMO, these games are must win games.  Games they should win. They can`t afford to lose 2 points to bad teams. Well, good start to the season, like last season. Tanev`s injured, that`s new. They`ve lost 3 of their last 4. Time for me to temper my expectations of this team. 

There are no bad teams in the NHL. You have to learn the sport first. Then temper. B)

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

There are no bad teams in the NHL. You have to learn the sport first. Then temper. B)

I`ve been watching hockey for almost 50 years. I`ve played the game. This was a game the Canucks should`ve won, no question.   

• Wat 1

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I`ve been watching hockey for almost 50 years. I`ve played the game. This was a game the Canucks should`ve won, no question.   

If you say so. I find hockey to be a far harder game than you I guess. In my opinion there are no easy games in the NHL. You got me beat by 10 years so I will respectfully defer to your longevity. 

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

So when its successful, it's because of the players, when it's not it's because of the coach? Gotcha.

You see how little movement the PP has had for years now? How do you find that acceptable. It is stagnant and he's made no adjustments... 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Decent, not his best game but had some moments. 

The Canucks need to collapse/pick the wingers better in the Ozone so he can go for a skate with the pack, preferably straight to the net.

I want to see him on the PP and zero drop pass stuff when he has a lane to go. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

The Canucks need to collapse/pick the wingers better in the Ozone so he can go for a skate with the pack, preferably straight to the net.

I want to see him on the PP and zero drop pass stuff when he has a lane to go. 

I wanna see the the mighty ducks flying V breakout. Catch everyone by surprise :bigblush:

12 hours ago, J-23 said:

Of course, it was going to happen sooner or later.

Bo’s line needs to wake up. They suck 5 on 5.

Bo's line needs a winger. Someone who can score and pass. Team desperately needs another top 6 winger.

I think there's a trade coming soon.

Top 6 winger and a 3rd pair D to upgrade Stecher this team makes a run in playoffs. 

2 hours ago, smithers joe said:

so green is stupid and blind and can’t see what fans see? he just hasn’t our experience of judging players and effort. green should read cdc coaches opinions, so he knows how to judge his team’s abilities. ain’t he got no learnin?

Never said he's stupid or blind, I'm sure he see's exactly what anyone that knows the game see's, but there is preferential treatment for certain players, like highly signed players, veteran players, players that they keep in the lineup because if they didn't would make the GM look bad. Weather you like it or not, these are all very real factors that go into a roster, and it's not always best for winning games. 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

Eriksson needs to sit. Let Baertschi back in, give him a chance. At least Baer can provide some offense. Loui has zero points (-3) in 7 games.  The Canucks have lost 3 of the last 4 with him in the lineup. Time to try something different.

Agreed, total lack of effort. Cant keep up. Time to move on from this guy.