Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Nov. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

That third period was garbage hockey, puck was bouncing all over the place. That Miller penalty is one you just can't take. I did think some of the other calls we're weak however. 

Its just a frustrating game, we should've probably got something out of it, but sometimes that happens. Regroup & be ready for a bounce back in Winnipeg tommorrow. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Lol still shaking about the loss to the hawks eh

I'm not happy about it, if that's what you're getting at? I'm competitive by nature. Sue me. 

• Hydration 1

28 minutes ago, NeilColville said:

This one is on green tonight. 

Not really.

Players looked so flat in the 1st period.

Took bad penalties 2nd and 3rd. 

Combined effort for this loss. 

That was an ailing hawks team. There were only a few old players that were carrying that whole team and we lost. 

• Hydration 1

5 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

This is a horrible take. Eriksson doesn't bring anything to the table. Tripped over his own feet 3 times tonight. Can't retrieve pucks in the corners. Doesn't hit. Can't score. Couldn't intimidate a preschooler. Basically a roving pylon out there. 

Time to get him out of the lineup & bring Baertschi in. If Eriksson isn't being used on the PK he brings nothing, his legs are shot. 

Even if Baer isn't a 'fit' on the 4th line, he can't be much worse than Loui. Then you have him as an option if you need offense & wanna line juggle. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Time to get him out of the lineup & bring Baertschi in. If Eriksson isn't being used on the PK he brings nothing, his legs are shot. 

Even if Baer isn't a 'fit' on the 4th line, he can't be much worse than Loui. Then you have him as an option if you need offense & wanna line juggle. 

Baer with Bo and drop Leivo to fourth. He's pretty good anywhere in the lineup imo. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Who do you have in mind?

Don’t know but I’m still hoping for guys like juolevi and lind/podkolzin to fill at least one of the holes.

• Hydration 2

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I'd keep LE on the 4th and sit Leivo or Pearson. Both have had some meh games lately and it puts Baer in a spot to properly utilize him. 

At this point when you look at Loui, Pearson or Levio how can we be any worse off getting Baer and Goldy in?

we have a solid back end, we need the strongest top 9 we can field 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Bear with Horvat is better than any other combo you can make in the bottom 9. We cant rely on schaller for secondary scoring every night.

pearson, ericksson and to an extent leivo have been useless, too many muffins in this line up.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I'd keep LE on the 4th and sit Leivo or Pearson. Both have had some meh games lately and it puts Baer in a spot to properly utilize him. 

Erikssons meh play seems contagious. Get him the &^@# outa here. 

• Upvote 2

Well that was terrible.  Not a single player came to play today.  Time to switch it up, starting with Demko tomorrow, drop Gaudette, or any 1 of the forwards based on  tonight and bring in Baertschi. Officiating aside, that was a $&!#show in comparison to what we have seen.

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

I'm not happy about it, if that's what you're getting at? I'm competitive by nature. Sue me. 

Fair enough my friend I get it. 

But what people have to understand is we haven’t accomplished anything other then a terrific start. I love this them but the talent is very young.

That is what I meant and there is a lot of learning happening. The PP is clicking over 20%. People just want someone to blame when the facts are we are just coming out of a rebuild. Players like Petey and Boes don’t get Really good for a couple more years. This is just the beginning. Enjoy it.

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I'd keep Leivo or Pearson in over LE. Pearson is a good forechecker & can generate chances. I agree the production hasn't been there but its better than bringing nothing (LE).

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoshuaGuy said:

Erikssons meh play seems contagious. Get him the &^@# outa here. 

Would love to but he is not tradeable. He doesn't really hurt the team on the 4th line. 

Pearson has been underwhelming this year and Leivo is inconsistent. Baer for Leivo/Pearson disrupts less imo 

So first 'not great' game of the season? That's not bad. Its 82 game season, it'll happen.

I'd just like to Sven in the lineup & Eriksson out of the lineup. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'd keep Leivo or Pearson in over LE. Pearson is a good forechecker & can generate chances. I agree the production hasn't been there but its better than bringing nothing (LE).

To be fair LE is still solid defensively so bringing nothing is an unfair statement.