The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Nov. 07, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Maybe, but I'd argue its because he can't do anything. All he can do is play it safe & try to defend. He doesn't have speed, offensively his confidence is non-existent, plays with the puck die on his stick.

Baertschi isn't a liability defensively, he's reliable, that part of his game came along way from when we traded for him. And he has speed, skill & hockey sense that Eriksson doesn't have.

I just don't see the downside into making the swap honestly, its all upside.  

If your playing Baer on the 4th line I disagree. 

Wouldn't be opposed to Eriksson coming out of the lineup and Leivo/Pearson sliding to the 4th though. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Maybe, but I'd argue its because he can't do anything. All he can do is play it safe & try to defend. He doesn't have speed, offensively his confidence is non-existent, plays with the puck die on his stick.

Baertschi isn't a liability defensively, he's reliable, that part of his game came along way from when we traded for him. And he has speed, skill & hockey sense that Eriksson doesn't have.

I just don't see the downside into making the swap honestly, its all upside.  

downside is no Loui downside to that is the sven is stuck in the pressbox

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

So first 'not great' game of the season? That's not bad. Its 82 game season, it'll happen.

I'd just like to Sven in the lineup & Eriksson out of the lineup. 

Team has had quite a few "not great" games so far. Which is to be expected when the bulk of your best players are under 24/25. If this is the only not great game for this team we have expectations way too low. They been winning a good share of games and stealing some points but overall the team is not as polished as it'll be by the end of the season. At least that's the hope. Cause the way we are playing now won't win us games in Feb-April, hell it's barely stealing points for us now. Young team, lots of room to grow. Another stinker they'll hopefully learn from.

• Cheers 1

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Team has had quite a few "not great" games so far. Which is to be expected when the bulk of your best players are under 24/25. If this is the only not great game for this team we have expectations way too low. They been winning a good share of games and stealing some points but overall the team is not as polished as it'll be by the end of the season. At least that's the hope. Cause the way we are playing now won't win us games in Feb-April, hell it's barely stealing points for us now. Young team, lots of room to grow. Another stinker they'll hopefully learn from.

I think we've been playing some good hockey as of late, and for the majority of the season. Aside from NJ this game really sticks out as the one where we just 'didn't have it', I'd say.

I agree with your analysis. Still a young team & I think we'll grow from it. We just weren't in a groove tonight, but good teams can still find ways when things just aren't clicking. Plenty of room to grow. 

• Cheers 2

The boy had practice then we had to make a quick visit to my folks. They werent watching the game and told me not to bother with a replay, highlights will do.

Looking at the box score and reading the comments... turns out the old folks were right.

Guess I won't watch the game.

Lots of frustration it seems. Our $&!#ty PP seems to be a big part of it.

I'm really looking forward to a few people complaining about Brown so I can cram their bull$&!# right back down their throats. Blowhard fluffers.

Any of you turds getting all uppity over my critisism of Baumer and Brown best be shutting the &^@# up.

A break out needs more options than one outlet, or skate it out and our PP set up trash. 

I havent even watched the game and I can tell from the box score our d struggled to transition and our PP sucked balls.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, luckylager said:

The boy had practice then we had to make a quick visit to my folks. They werent watching the game and told me not to bother with a replay, highlights will do.

Looking at the box score and reading the comments... turns out the old folks were right.

Guess I won't watch the game.

Lots of frustration it seems. Our $&!#ty PP seems to be a big part of it.

I'm really looking forward to a few people complaining about Brown so I can cram their bull$&!# right back down their throats. Blowhard fluffers.

Any of you turds getting all uppity over my critisism of Baumer and Brown best be shutting the &^@# up.

A break out needs more options than one outlet, or skate it out and our PP set up trash. 

I havent even watched the game and I can tell from the box score our d struggled to transition and our PP sucked balls.

I'm ok with giving Baumer the year at the very least, I don't think he's been bad. 

But enough is enough with Newell his PP was bad 3 years ago and with improved personnel it hasn't improved at all.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

I remember when everyone laughed at me and locked my thread when I said once we stop scoring 5 goals a game we will lose. LITERALLY exactly what I expected. Markstrom lets in a first period softy every game he plays in, then a second goal. Does anyone even remember the last Canuck shutout? Or just let it one goal? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I'm ok with giving Baumer the year at the very least, I don't think he's been bad. 

But enough is enough with Newell his PP was bad 3 years ago and with improved personnel it hasn't improved at all.

Yup.

And nope

I really do not understand Baumer's system. The puck carrier is pretty much &^@#ed if his one outlet gets cut off. And if he's not a strong skater we're giving the puck away.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, bobo1763 said:

I remember when everyone laughed at me and locked my thread when I said once we stop scoring 5 goals a game we will lose. LITERALLY exactly what I expected. Markstrom lets in a first period softy every game he plays in, then a second goal. Does anyone even remember the last Canuck shutout? Or just let it one goal? 

The first three goals were pretty tough to stop.  I agree he was definitely out of position on the last 2.

• Haha 1

Hoping for this lineup tomorrow to get the win

Miller -Pettersson- Boeser

Baer- Horvat- Gaudette

Leivo - Sutter- Virtanen

Pearson- Beagle- Schaller

Edler  Myers

Hughes- Benn

Fantenburg- Stecher

Demko

We have been on a roll, and the sky is not falling with 1 loss.

really like our 1st and 3rd lines overall and think Jake and Leivo have some good chemistry most of the time. 

Our fourth line is suppose to be an energy line and Eriksson is a good defensive forward but feel Pearson would fit better right now with his speed and heaviness.

Baer with bo and Gaudette gives us 3 good offensively talented players that we need on a 2nd line and hopefully Bo hangs on to some line mates.

Tanev, (if not in the line up) is a big loss to protect Hughes so Benn has to step in there to shelter him so he can do what he does best

Get your swagger back boys!

• Upvote 2