The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Jets November 8 2019 5 pm Pacific - SNP and 650

Rate this topic

-SN-

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Bob Essensa

Yep.  And he’s was a very good goalie for them too.  As good as Potvin was for TO and Irbe was for SJ (he might have been the best of the three.  Knocked out the best and one of the best teams in the league in Detroit - what was it two times?).   All three were part of the goalie graveyard we had during the dark ages - could add Burke and Snow to that - plus Weekes and Skudra but we did recycle a lot of former first stringers in a very short period of time - enough to make PHI blush and they’ve been trying since Parent. 

4 hours ago, Maginator said:

I know I might get flamed from some... and people may say "he is not the problem"...

But Loui needs to come out of the lineup. He is shriveling any confidence the 4th line has. Baer in, Loui out. Simple as that. Move Gaudette or Sutter to the 4th. 

A team that wins has 4 lines that contribute with puck possession or chances, and helps give the team momentum. 

We have guys who are hungry to play, but Loui who dogs it every shift is slotted into the lineup.

Hoping to see some lineup changes today.

Go Canucks Go

I think you're safe bro

4 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

I don't want to pile on too hard, but surely anyone else can do better than this.

loui2.png

Loui is literally Kryptonite

• Haha 1

Just now, BrockBoester said:

I think you're safe bro

Loui is literally Kryptonite

Loui is our anchor undoubtedly.   That said he doesn’t get hurt and we could do a lot worse when it comes time for injury replacements.  I look at LE and Luongo as a built in safe guard for our future cap responsibilities.   Given that Hughes, EP, Demko, OJ i and Markstrom will all need new contracts before that money is available - JB is going to have to be on his toes, and they know it - fair or even team friendly contracts will continue for the forseeable future. 

• Haha 1