The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Devils @ Nucks Nov 10 2019 1pm Live on SNP ESPN+, MSG+ || Hughes vs Hughes Round 2 ||

Rate this topic

xereau

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Green and staff getting outcoached again...

You might have a point.  Our pp and pk is looking second-rate at times and some of the player deployment is odd -- e.g., Baertschi getting more ice time than Virtanen.  There also doesn't seem to be much effort to slow doing the other team's forecheck.  The biggest problem is the powerplay though: too much perimeter play. And too many long passes, not enough puck support, forcing the play.  And slow.  And back passes lol. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

We beat them in a shootout! That’s an old tie

and it wasn’t a fluke it was a three on o that’s a terrible move by Myers but what else is new the rest we’re easy games but ok 

:bored: losing an edge? Lol your hatred for Myers is pathetic. He’s here and doing well so far get over it...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

These past games showed that Green has no ability to adjust or is well prepared for the nhl season.

He comes in with one game plan and as soon as it get exposed by other teams, he has not ability to change his system up or go to a prepared plan B. 

He needs to go or at the very least replace his assistants with experienced competent coaches. Look at what AV did in Philly, all his assistants are former nhl head coaches with tons of experience and here we have a one trick pony in Brown for the second time and a assistant that is even more green than Green. 

Well green had no nhl experience before here

now he has nhl experience but of the bad kind 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Are we still playing well just not getting a puck luck 3 games in a row? Or is it the other team having figured us out and knowing how to hit us where it hurts?

The 25 cent in my pocket says it's the latter.

I think you’re right. They know what they have in the players so it’s up to the coaches to adjust... Unfortunately (at least over the past few games) it doesn’t seem they are capable of doing it. Can’t solely blame it on missing Ferlund, Motte or Roussel they need to adjust. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

:bored: losing an edge? Lol your hatred for Myers is pathetic. He’s here and doing well so far get over it...

I admit I’m highly biased against Myers but that’s based on how he plays since I saw the rookie Myers in buffalo that was a awesome and on the riders live and his salary now and how he’s played this year.

if you think he’s doing well right now I’d hate to see him playing mediocre or bad

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Wat 1