Sign in to follow this  
janisahockeynut

Another NJ-Van proposal

OK, call me crazy

New Jersey Trades

Pavel Zacha, Ty Smith, Wayne Simmonds and their 2020 1st (unprotected)...………..Cap Out $7,250,000

To Vancouver Canucks for

Quinn Hughes, Adan Gaudette and Louie Eriksson...……………………...Cap Out $7,800,000

New jersey does this to re-unite the Hughes Brother for the next 12 years. Hughes is a high first rounder that turned out. That has tremendous buying power.

Vancouver does this and receives

#1...….Zacha, who is a great 2nd line center on a team that has Jack Hughes and Nico Hischier as their #1 and 2 centers. Zacha is on line for 42 points this year

He is a huge up grade over Gaudette

#2...….Ty Smith, is a great Offensive LHD prospect, who can run a power play, and play a regular shift. He has #1 upside

#3...…..2020 1st......New Jersey is currently in 29th place OA and even with the addition of Hughes, will be in top 10 draft position

#4...…..They get rid of Eriksson and the last 2 years  of his contract

I don't honestly think New Jersey would do this, but I am not sure Benning would do this either.  Canuck fans would go wild, in the short term, but Zacha would ease the pain and allow Vancouver to have a much heavier top end player. If Zacha reaches his ceiling, Vancouver has another 1st line centerman, which would allow Pettersson to move to wing, if need be, otherwise, they have the best young center group in the league.

The 2020 1st, gives Vancouver a very good chance at the best player in the draft, and certainly a very good player, regardless of their top 10 draft placement in a reportedly very deep top end of the draft. 

You now have permission to beat on me. After bludgeoning me to death...….feel free to mention where my errors are.

• Hydration 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

OK, call me crazy

crazy omar epps GIF

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

OK, call me crazy

New Jersey Trades

Pavel Zacha, Ty Smith, Wayne Simmonds and their 2020 1st (unprotected)...………..Cap Out $7,250,000

To Vancouver Canucks for

Quinn Hughes, Adan Gaudette and Louie Eriksson...……………………...Cap Out $7,800,000

New jersey does this to re-unite the Hughes Brother for the next 12 years. Hughes is a high first rounder that turned out. That has tremendous buying power.

Vancouver does this and receives

#1...….Zacha, who is a great 2nd line center on a team that has Jack Hughes and Nico Hischier as their #1 and 2 centers. Zacha is on line for 42 points this year

#2...….Ty Smith, is a great Offensive LHD prospect, who can run a power play, and play a regular shift. He has #1 upside

#3...…..2020 1st......New Jersey is currently in 29th place OA and even with the addition of Hughes, will be in top 10 draft position

I don't honestly think New Jersey would do this, but I am not sure Benning would do this either.  Canuck fans would go wild, in the short term, but Zacha would ease the pain and allow Vancouver to have a much heavier top end player. If Zacha reaches his ceiling, Vancouver has another 1st line centerman, which would allow Pettersson to move to wing, if need be, otherwise, they have the best young center group in the league.

The 2020 1st, gives Vancouver a very good chance at the best player in the draft, and certainly a very good player, regardless of their top 10 draft placement in a reportedly very deep top end of the draft. 

You now have permission to beat on me. After bludgeoning me to death...….feel free to mention where my errors are.

where are you're errors??  your suggestion of trading Hughes!!! :frantic:

1395873445_beatdown1.gif.7828b0c4b9dabc866046da7f4ec3bd71.gif

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Mang I would not want to be the GM responsible for uniting the Hughes brothers on another team.

I get that Hammer

But when does NJ's payment become enough?

I have never been one that thinks stars are more important to the team, and that as much as Hughes will be a star

NJ gives up alot

3 possible stars for 1 possible super star

When does it make sense to do it?

57 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I get that Hammer

But when does NJ's payment become enough?

I have never been one that thinks stars are more important to the team, and that as much as Hughes will be a star

NJ gives up alot

3 possible stars for 1 possible super star

When does it make sense to do it?

Never! 

What makes more sense is JB gives up an equivalent package for Jack. 

Jake Virtanen=Pavel Zacha

Juolevi=Ty Smith

Markstrom+2nd=NJ 1st

Gaudette 

To Vancouver

Jack Hughes

Corey Schnides

Edited by hammertime
  • Upvote 1

We can't do this, Jan. We've been waiting forever to have a young D-man with such abilities. Also sends the wrong message to our College youth that we have to sign, quite soon.

edit: scratch this proposal I made for goaltenders. Just heard the bad news for Jacob's Dad.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

OK, call me crazy

New Jersey Trades

wtf? why

1.  you don't like bo? what are you gonna do with bo? isn't he our number 2 center?  where are you planning to move bo to?  or explain how any team can retain an extra 2nd line center to play 3rd line center under a salary cap?  people are already worried about sutter's contract.  the team needs a 3rd line center, not a 2nd line center to play 3rd line.  the team cannot afford this.

2.  who the hell cares what ty's upside potential is.  we have our #1 in hughes.  you don't like him?  you want to move what appears to be a sure thing and the first true #1 dman in nuck history for something that is more of a maybe?   why do you appear to want to move him and bo?  did you take your meds this morning? are you morphing into alflives?  and really? do you think ty will develop to be better then ep40 so that he will move him to wing on the 1st line?  so maybe you are hoping soon to trade either miller or brock too??

3.  you want another draft pick, which means you want to delay this team's hitting it's peak potential for a further 2 or 3 or 4 years down the road.  you really think we can keep our current top prospects if they know the team is not serious about winning now or asap?

4.  i don't give a damn about loui.  he has no bearing on this team in terms of cap space or roster space. he does not move the needle hardly at all.  don't waste any time on him.  he will be gone and his cap space will be available when we actually need it.  he is good for the team as it forces management to hold his cap space and not waste it.  the team is fine for the time being with him.  there is no need to focus on moving him.

Edited by coastal.view
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

wtf? why

LOL, don't hold back Coastal. LOL

So, every point you made is true. And I can not argue with your POV

But, I am not sure exactly how good Hughes will be, I mean, he will be good, but not Bobby Orr good.

IMO, he is going to be more a PP guy than a all around 1st liner.....it is not that I don't like him. I do!

But how good?

Personally, I think NJ over pays a bit, but I could be wrong

And "IF" Zacha did become 1st line Center and out played Pettersson or Bo, well that is the law of the jungle

That is how it is done.  Not to say that we could not find room for him......pretty tough problem to have!

and Zacha is on a pretty good contract for the next couple of years.....

As for the high 1st.....the top 10 is crazy strong this year, and there is a very big possibility we could find

another star in the making there...…..maybe even another Quinn Hughes type

As for moving Eriksson now, well, it will save a lot of problems, now, next year, and in the 3rd year

Then there is Ty Smith who by all reports is a pretty good player himself...…….

By the way, we could always trade the first for another young ready to play player at the draft...…..

Maybe we trade our 2nd OV all to Chicago for Boqvist and Dach?......

I mean this all could happen, LOL

33 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

LOL, don't hold back Coastal. LOL

So, every point you made is true. And I can not argue with your POV

But, I am not sure exactly how good Hughes will be, I mean, he will be good, but not Bobby Orr good.

IMO, he is going to be more a PP guy than a all around 1st liner.....it is not that I don't like him. I do!

But how good?

Personally, I think NJ over pays a bit, but I could be wrong

And "IF" Zacha did become 1st line Center and out played Pettersson or Bo, well that is the law of the jungle

That is how it is done.  Not to say that we could not find room for him......pretty tough problem to have!

and Zacha is on a pretty good contract for the next couple of years.....

As for the high 1st.....the top 10 is crazy strong this year, and there is a very big possibility we could find

another star in the making there...…..maybe even another Quinn Hughes type

As for moving Eriksson now, well, it will save a lot of problems, now, next year, and in the 3rd year

Then there is Ty Smith who by all reports is a pretty good player himself...…….

By the way, we could always trade the first for another young ready to play player at the draft...…..

Maybe we trade our 2nd OV all to Chicago for Boqvist and Dach?......

I mean this all could happen, LOL

Zacha is their Jake Virtanen. Drafted high and has struggled mightly to meet those expectations. Hes 22 now in this 4th full NHL season averaging roughly 25pts per. Penciling him in as a 1C seems lofty expectations at this point as he is still struggling as is Jake to prove that he can be an above average 3rd liner.

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Zacha is their Jake Virtanen. Drafted high and has struggled mightly to meet those expectations. Hes 22 now in this 4th full NHL season averaging roughly 25pts per. Penciling him in as a 1C seems lofty expectations at this point as he is still struggling as is Jake to prove that he can be an above average 3rd liner.

I actually did not say he would, only that he could

But he had 7 points in his first 14 games

That's `2/3 type stats

Like it or not this is the sort of trade we’d have to take to dump almost three more years or LE off the books.   And in the end all we could end up with is Zacha so no thanks.   It’s actually a fairly even trade.  Well done OP, first one in a while I’ve seen that has a realistic solution - any trade that includes LE is certain to come at a very high cost.  Two years from now it won’t be as bad - just cost us a first like TO did with Marleau - and given we might need the cash then it’s a possible future scenario...this one has gives us a first back, a great D prospect, LE off the books now and of course we lose QH.   Too steep a price but it’s at least at or close to fair value both ways.  

• Hydration 1

Don’t like this trade at all. Ty Smith is a great offensive dman in the WHL sometimes that doesn’t translate so there’s a lot of uncertainty there still. At least with Quinn we’ve been able to see his game in the NHL and watch his skills adapt. Zacha looks to be a 30 point 3rd liner. At this point I’d rather have Gaudette than Zacha. Simmonds while I like him is past his prime and on the downward plane. 

5 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Don’t like this trade at all. Ty Smith is a great offensive dman in the WHL sometimes that doesn’t translate so there’s a lot of uncertainty there still. At least with Quinn we’ve been able to see his game in the NHL and watch his skills adapt. Zacha looks to be a 30 point 3rd liner. At this point I’d rather have Gaudette than Zacha. Simmonds while I like him is past his prime and on the downward plane. 

Don't get me wrong FlickyourSedin……...Hughes is friggin good

But if you consider that it may cost us another 1st to get rid of Eriksson (see Ibatch's post just above)

the Balance then becomes even more exaggerated...

So, it becomes Ty Smith, Zacha, NJ 2020-1st, Vancouver's 1st to get rid of Eriksson, and Simmons for Quinn Hughes and Gaudette

That is 4-1st for Quinn

And just for your info...Zacha is 6'3   210 lbs and has 8 points in 15 games this year...………...that is a 45 point year, and he is 22 years old...that is solid numbers

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Don't get me wrong FlickyourSedin……...Hughes is friggin good

But if you consider that it may cost us another 1st to get rid of Eriksson (see Ibatch's post just above)

the Balance then becomes even more exaggerated...

So, it becomes Ty Smith, Zacha, NJ 2020-1st, Vancouver's 1st to get rid of Eriksson, and Simmons for Quinn Hughes and Gaudette

That is 4-1st for Quinn

And just for your info...Zacha is 6'3   210 lbs and has 8 points in 15 games this year...………...that is a 45 point year, and he is 22 years old...that is solid numbers

Respect the size and numbers on Zacha didn’t know he was turning a corner this season. I just feel like the Canucks from a cap standpoint don’t need to give pieces up to get rid of Eriksson. We’ll be losing contracts that keeping Eriksson for the duration of his contract while that thought sucks it’s still manageable to keep our youth. Players like Baertschi, Pearson and Sutter are all off the books before Pettersson needs a new contract that’s 11.5 million off the cap. Even letting the often injured Tanev walk that’s another 4.5 mill. All players could be replaced with cheaper alternatives or promotions within like Gaudette, MacEwen and Tryamkin.

• Upvote 1

Geez, that would be tempting. Don't get me wrong, I love Hughes, but this would be a massive return. If that 1st ends up as Lafreniere, this could be one of the most 1-sided trades in history.

I'd probably still say no though.