The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

yes, you are only one. must be your superior hockey knowledge.  congrats.

How much “hockey knowledge “ does it take to plan out the final 5 minutes? 

you are ok with him rolling lines that in in the game and having our third line out when it was time to pull the goalie?

wow does not take much to keep you happy 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

He's not going to bury the captain in the midst of a slump. Amazing how many of you think media lip service is exactly what is actually being discussed in the room :lol:

I never said he should bury the captain. Just don't say it looks similar. Because it doesn't. He doesn't have to single anyone out. Those were just my comments. Of course he says different things in the room.

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“When you're scoring you think you got all the answers, and when you don't you search for them. There's no magic answer for goals... Our game looks very similar to when we were scoring, we had some good looks. I liked a lot of parts of our game again.” - Green

Translation:

I don't know what to do to create more scoring but I'm gonna shrug and say we played pretty well and hope no one notices.

• Upvote 2

Nov turning out to be make or break month again. 

Not giving up on this squad yet.   They need to play their way out of this slump. Young team facing real adversity.  If they were playing above expectations in Oct, they are playing below now. So this team should be better than this.  Laws of averages. Fighting for a wild card spot at the end of the season is what I expected in preseason.  So I am not overly surprised, just upset about the wild swings. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Junior B is being generous 

it’s the same atom system I used to play under 

And garbage like this damages any credibility you think you have. 

Is Green perfect? No

Does he need to make adjustments to his coaching? Absolutely

Is he an atom level coach? Laughable at best and a pathetically lame exaggeration. 

1 minute ago, DADDYROCK said:

Well, that was disappointing,we need more sh!t disturbers and boys with some grit,

Good thing we have a couple coming back off injury, hopefully soon.Ferland and Roussel will change the dynamic of this team,grit wins championships.

I agree with that as Benning knows what the team needed 

Just now, Adarsh Sant said:

I never said he should bury the captain. Just don't say it looks similar. Because it doesn't. He doesn't have to single anyone out. Those were just my comments. Of course he says different things in the room.

Again... Media lip service. A nothing burger can't really say anything to our parasitic media.  

Beginning of the year when i came in here it was, bennings' a genius. How about now? Plugged the lineup with a bunch of overpriced FA's which still have a lot of contract time yet. Who of beagle, pearson etc would any team trade for? What about the rebuild? While we have wasted draft picks and prolonged getting any of our younger players ice time we now have given away our #1 draft player for what? A expensive defenceman who he paid a price nobody else would.

I have said from the beginning that green wasn't a good coach he was just cheap. That's aguamans fav. cheap. How many good coaches have we passed on? I've been a canucks fan from the beginning but the owners in this town of all the major B.C. franchises, lions, canucks. and the whitecaps leave alot to be desired.

• Wat 3

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

And garbage like this damages any credibility you think you have. 

Is Green perfect? No

Does he need to make adjustments to his coaching? Absolutely

Is he an atom level coach? Laughable at best and a pathetically lame exaggeration. 

Our “system” of chip and chase does not work with this roster. It never will 

we need to manage in game way better. It’s absolutely unforgivable having who we had out trying to tie the game 

putting lines in the blender was not going to help, EP on the 4th line? Seriously?

if that is atom coaching what is man? 

so frustrated we pissed away our start to the season now the stagger caught us and the schedule gets killer tough  

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"That could be argued. Sometimes you've gotta give the other team credit too. I think this team did a good job tonight. I know the last six games we haven't scored, but our games look very similar. Even analytically, we haven't tailed off anywhere. Sometimes you just go through that in the NHL. Stretches where you don't score. In the LA game we get 8 goals and I don't think that was even close to one of our best games. We might have played better tonight, in certain ways. It's funny that way. We're in a little rut now." - Green on getting second chances

Green after going 0-62 to finish out the season. :picard:

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

37 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Welcome to the Tim Peel appreciation thread.

InaooreciAte Tim peel for calling a Taylor hall embellishment in a  One goal game in the third

tried to help I too! Lol maybe to erase the stigma

i wish our fans wouldn’t have such a victim complex Petterson ckearly dived but it probably could been a hook for sure meg it happens