The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Don Cherry Fired

Rate this topic

b3.

5 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

It certainly shows us that we have far right nut jobs just like the US, and were not the Canada I thought we were and am proud of. We have some work to do

Sure do and a lot of far left ones as well. One thing I notice is that some will say “far-right” where’s as those on the other side only say “left” as opposed to far-left...

pretty easy to see who’s who lmao ;)

5 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

image.png.92a44a1a2349ae28e2fb1c4d3d217d80.png

There is a difference though which some people are choosing to ignore. 

Trudeau apologized every time he is asked about it.  Cherry at this point hasn't apologized. Huge difference.  

Both of them weren't intending to be racist but one them apologized one of them didn't. 

Edited by Guest

Just now, Ronaldoescobar said:

Sure do and a lot of far left ones as well. One thing I notice is that some will say “far-right” where’s as those on the other side only say “left” as opposed to far-left...

pretty easy to see who’s who lmao ;)

I agree there is nut jobs on both side I guess we relate to far right more because of that idiot they call the Donald down south

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

I agree there is nut jobs on both side I guess we relate to far right more because of that idiot they call the Donald down south

Absolutely... My gripe is from those who say their on the right or in the centre (where I consider myself) vilifying the entire “left” as opposed to the “far-left” whereas you don’t see the same from ppl on the left who properly state “far-right”as you did.

Both extremes are wrong imo but seems only one side calls them out...

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

WE ARE ALL CANUCKS !

Bo is a beauty.    

This!! I don’t think anyone is ever going to agree on politics or much else for that matter. But I’m confident we can all agree that Bo is a stud and the Canucks are the Shiz!! (Even if they are not playing that way atm)

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Unknown1995 said:

There is a difference though which some people are choosing to ignore. 

Trudeau apologized every time he is asked about it.  Cherry at this point hasn't apologized. Huge difference.  

Both of them weren't intending to be racist but one them apologized one of them didn't. 

Not just that, he did the black/brown face thing when he is an ignorant know nothing kid in highschool/college, I don't hold what he did when he is young against him or anyone else. I hate when people dig up dirt from when people are still in school and use it to damage someone.

Your record should go back to only when you step into your professional life. Had Trudeau did that when he was a drama teacher in Churchill or as a MP than yeah, he deserve every criticism he gets, but not when he was still a teenager or early twenties.

• Wat 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Cherry, and those who are on his side of this discussion, are now radical war mongers?  This has to do with wearing a poppy, and not jingoism.  

My point is that this has only a little to do with this latest episode but with a long history of somewhat offensive/heart on his sleeve/poorly articulated observations/rants and our collective roles in the creation of the Don Cherry brand. I can appreciate your defence of the man but am more intrigued by the clamor to bury him alive when, if you were paying any attention at all, this was only ever going to end this way. 

But no, Alf, I don't see you as either a radical or a monger.

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Not just that, he did the black/brown face thing when he is an ignorant know nothing kid in highschool/college, I don't hold what he did when he is young against him or anyone else. I hate when people dig up dirt from when people are still in school and use it to damage someone.

Your record should go back to only when you step into your professional life. Had Trudeau did that when he was a drama teacher in Churchill or as a MP than yeah, he deserve every criticism he gets, but not when he was still a teenager or early twenties.

...He wore the brown face as a teacher 18 years ago. He was an adult at the time.

• Upvote 2