Sign in to follow this  
b3.

[Report] Don Cherry Fired

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Because he's talking about being in downtown Toronto and not seeing any immigrants wearing poppies there. Now, unless Don either asked them about their background, or he does in fact have the ability to look at someone and know their entire background, he's basing that assumption on the color of their skin alone. 

I hate talking about skin color, it's such a boring subject, but how many white immigrants come from the middle east? South Africa? India?

1 minute ago, Tystick said:

I hate talking about skin color, it's such a boring subject, but how many white immigrants come from the middle east? South Africa? India?

Probably a quite a few but something tells me Cherry wasn't set off by a group of blond haired, blue eyed people without poppies. 

• Hydration 1

This thread is gonna be fun.

It's gonna be weird not having him around anymore. It was going to happen eventually, he's held up pretty well physically but he's pretty ancient nowadays. Probably should have retired years ago, but at the same time hockey's been a huge part of his life and it's tough to let that sort of thing go. It's a shame he didn't step down on his own terms but what's done is done. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

21 minutes ago, zombieksa said:

He makes me want to say "OK, Boomer"

Excuse me...Cherry is and never was a Boomer. Boomers protested against his crap. 

• Upvote 1

But he tells it like it is!!!

Unfortunately nobody ever told him his only claim to fame was coaching Bobby frigging Orr 

The end of an era but at the same time long overdue

Just wondering who is going to call everyone pinko commies and mispronounce the names of every other Canuck now

Edited by Warhippy
  • Hydration 2

4 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Probably a quite a few but something tells me Cherry wasn't set off by a group of blond haired, blue eyed people without poppies. 

Zero.

11 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

He could have avoided all of this by simply not referring to 'you people that come here'. If you're going to call people out for not wearing poppies, call out everyone.

Yup, this.

He singled out 'immigrants' for no reason whatsoever.

It's important to spread the message and share our history with younger generations, but all he needed to say was "everyone should wear a poppy".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tystick said:

Zero.

You don't think any white people immigrate from South Africa? 

I'm honestly not even sure what point you're trying to make anymore. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

To Don I say there is many an Irishman who would fight to their grave (and rightfully  so) before they would be caught dead wearing a poppy. 

• Like 1

As others have stated 'end of an era'.

Lots of memories watching Don with my dad and brother growing up.  Sorry to see it  happening like this but retirement was probably something that was always on his mind anyways, you'd have to think.

I wonder what they do for a new segment?

Edited by Industrious1

Has anyone actually watched his "rant" it was nothing. The cancel culture BS is at maximum attack in Canada - let's just put duct tape on everyone. 

The twitteratti wins again, god save the twitteratti, all hail our outrage overlords.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

You don't think any white people immigrate from South Africa? 

I'm honestly not even sure what point you're trying to make anymore. 

Forget it

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

It doesn't matter.

The majority of the great things he's done for the hockey community will be ignored and forgotten because he misspoke on air, and therefore, he's a racist, xenophobe, terrible human that deserves to be fired.

Oh and don't you dare defend him, because then you MUST be the exact same thing.

I tend to love most things in life, but I DESPISE modern day liberalism, with a passion.

I said personally.......

sad day :( loved him on HNIC .....hockey is going down the drain with all my old favs being let go

Let’s turn this thread into a left vs right bash.... come on you all know you want to... hehehehehehe

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Haha 3