The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Don Cherry Fired

Rate this topic

b3.

6 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

I'm kind of surprised he seems to have escaped most of this, except on social media.

In the segment with Cherry he nods his head the whole time and gives Don the thumbs up.  Later, when he addressed it in a statement the next night he claimed he 'did not catch it, did not respond', so was he not listening to Cherry the whole time while nodding and giving his thumbs up?

Yeah, he's throwing Cherry under the bus and trying to save himself from the outrage mob.

This entire gong show is pathetic.

Just now, Alflives said:

He was singling out city people.  All of us who live comfortably in our condos.  It’s not about race; it’s about where we live.  He even mentioned the good people, who are grateful, that live in smaller towns.  He didn’t say “white” people.  He said Canadians.  Too many SJWs and the hypocritical types, who live in the big cities, believe they have some divine power to interpret what others are thinking.  

Your just wrong about this Alf, any reasonable person can understand what he was saying and who he was talking about and anyone who doesn't get it based on his history just doesn't want to admit the truth

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

He was singling out city people.  All of us who live comfortably in our condos.  It’s not about race; it’s about where we live.  He even mentioned the good people, who are grateful, that live in smaller towns.  He didn’t say “white” people.  He said Canadians.  Too many SJWs and the hypocritical types, who live in the big cities, believe they have some divine power to interpret what others are thinking.  

No, he wasn't. You think Ron and Sportsnet et al apologized because he was singling out city people? Alrighty then...

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sbriggs said:

I wonder what people would say about men in a womans dressing room? I deal with this all the time, I have 2 girls who play hockey and I'm not allowed in the dressing room but the mothers are allowed in the boys dressing room. Is this sexist towards men?

Good point Spriggs.  However, men and women are different.  

23 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Lol are women allowed in the men's change room at the local rec centre?? I'm all for inclusivity but that's a poor example.

Clearly there is a huge divide of people who support Don and those who don't 

you think women shouldn't be allowed in the men's locker room to report on sports? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Meanwhile Donald Trump is still President of the worlds most powerful nation.

Its hard, but he says & does waay more dumb things than Cherry. These days anyway.

Too many of these type of guys are popular is my real point...

Good Riddance!

Cherry for President 2020! Despite he doesn't have a university degree, I'd say he has way more common sense than Trump. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Could McLean’s affirmation of Cherry’s comments be because he knows Don really well, and knows him to be a good person, who is not racist?  

Maybe?  Or maybe he doesn't really listen to him much and just nods randomly throughout the segment.

I can't help but think though, that maybe people like Ron, and Cherry's family and agent kind of let him down here.  The general consensus seems to be that Cherry was well past his best before date.  I wonder if anyone ever sat him down and said, maybe it's time to call it a career.  It seems like this kind of ending to Don's career was inevitable, unless he chose to retired first.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

I wonder what people would say about men in a womans dressing room? I deal with this all the time, I have 2 girls who play hockey and I'm not allowed in the dressing room but the mothers are allowed in the boys dressing room. Is this sexist towards men?

100% truth right here 

• Upvote 1