The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Preds @ Nucks Nov 12 2019 7pm Pacific - Watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

3 hours ago, bree2 said:

so making Petey's line worse to make Bo  going is dumb.   Bo needs to  work with the wingers he has. going thru so many and blaming all of them and not Bo,  this sort of reminds me of Kesler. Bo is a great player like Kesler was , but the same thing seems to be happening here again

I think it’s a little early to make that speculation. Bo has so much more character, I don’t know if any fans would have supported Kessler as captain during his time here.

Josi and Ellis lead Nashville in scoring with 17 and 16pts in 17 games.   Bonino and Forsberg are the goal leaders with 8 - in 11 games for Forsberg.   

They don't have a high scoring top line but every line has at least 1 F with 11 pts or more (0.65 ppg).  

Apparently line blender for the Predators too based on yesterday's practice.   

Forsberg Johansen Granlund

Jarnkrok Duchene Arvidsson

Grimaldi Bonino Smith

Watson Turris Sissons

Josi Ellis

Ekholm Fabbro

Hamhuis Weber

Canucks are slipping, ever so slightly, back to irrelevancy.

They held a playoff spot a week ago, had a top three PK unit, the best goal differential in the league. Now, they're tied with VGK and WPG for a wildcard spot. The goal differential is still good, but is leveling out a bit. The PK unit is now 10th. What is next week going to look like? 

CGY has 2 games at hand, but the Canucks need to win tonight to keep pace. Could be tough, as NSH has the same amount of points in one less game played and the same goal differential (+11).

3 hours ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Might I add, maybe it's also got to do with EP40 and BB being shadowed in games. So it opens up the 3rd guy who can get a clearer shot. 

Green also tried JV with them briefly last game, too.

Someone who can shoot could really punish the teams focusing on BB and EP40 alone. 

Leivo has a good shot so I think he's trying that option.. Also.. noone really to put in that line other than Leivo. Or maybe JV. 

Good point! That makes sense. I think JV would see more time there if he would play a little harder when he has the chance.

if you didn't see it I like Bertuzzis comments to Jake - keep it simple - get 7 hits and 7 shots.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CaptKirk888 said:

I think it’s a little early to make that speculation. Bo has so much more character, I don’t know if any fans would have supported Kessler as captain during his time here.

I am talking about both players playing the game, not being a captain.

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

I am talking about both players playing the game, not being a captain.

I get that, just wanted bring up character factor. I think Bo will find a way to lead despite multiple wingers. IMO it’s not the same situation as with Kessler.

Canucks need to win to-night, not only because of kept in the race, but wake up the win streak.

Mr. Green, please play Demko and let Marky rest two to three games. It would refresh him, good for the long-term of the team.

I agree to put Miller in the Bo line, see what is the outcoming.

Put Leivo in EP40 line is one option, we have other players could be use:  Sutton, Jake.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, Ferland, Roussel and Motte are out and now Beagle? (and Baertschi in?) This team just got easier to play against.   

I would counter and state that Roussel hasnt played at all, Motte very little and Ferlands brief presence doesn't suddenly  make us "easy to play against "

Beagle out? yes we lose some grit there but

Team toughness has to be through the whole line up, not just a few bodies