The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Preds @ Nucks Nov 12 2019 7pm Pacific - Watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

4 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

My pet rabbit would add more grit than LE.  Loui's greatest skill is his ability to play an entire game without actually touching an opposing team's  player.

Even the Zamboni driver is like "wow....no one ever skates over here"

Edited by rychicken
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Tough coaches seem to win Cups, like a-holes always seem to be on Cup winning teams. In this league, nice guys finish last. Tired of being the nice team with zero banners.

honestly you make a valid point.

• Upvote 1

I've seen lots of hate for Leivo on the top line and praise for Virtanen. Both players have 8 points and a +5, while seeing time on primarily the second and third lines this season. I think Leivo has even struggled a little so far and has another level to his game. 

I get it, Virtanen is younger and has more potential and I too would prefer to see him higher in the lineup compared to Leivo. But to act like Green is completely out to lunch for playing Leivo in the top 6 is a little silly.

Leivo has .38PPG playing with Vancouver (67 games) which is solid third line production, he's pretty solid defensively and is a beast along the boards. As a few others have mentioned, he can rip it if he's open to. It totally makes sense to play a strong boards player with Petey and Boeser to try and keep some sustained offensive zone pressure, its not like the puck is going to be in Leivo's hands much with those two either. 

I think when the team is healthy, Leivo is best suited with Sutter on the 3rd line, but its a good idea to promote Leivo for now to try and get Bo's line going. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Cap'N Bo said:

I've seen lots of hate for Leivo on the top line and praise for Virtanen. Both players have 8 points and a +5, while seeing time on primarily the second and third lines this season. I think Leivo has even struggled a little so far and has another level to his game. 

I get it, Virtanen is younger and has more potential and I too would prefer to see him higher in the lineup compared to Leivo. But to act like Green is completely out to lunch for playing Leivo in the top 6 is a little silly.

Leivo has .38PPG playing with Vancouver (67 games) which is solid third line production, he's pretty solid defensively and is a beast along the boards. As a few others have mentioned, he can rip it if he's open to. It totally makes sense to play a strong boards player with Petey and Boeser to try and keep some sustained offensive zone pressure, its not like the puck is going to be in Leivo's hands much with those two either. 

I think when the team is healthy, Leivo is best suited with Sutter on the 3rd line, but its a good idea to promote Leivo for now to try and get Bo's line going. 

Last season he was playing top-6 mostly with Pettersson-Boeser and on PP1.  In P60 which measures scoring efficiency he was 294th among Fs with at least 40 games.  Without the same prime opportunities Virtanen had similar numbers.

Edited by mll

1 hour ago, Rabbit said:

Canucks need to win to-night, not only because of kept in the race, but wake up the win streak.

Mr. Green, please play Demko and let Marky rest two to three games. It would refresh him, good for the long-term of the team.

I agree to put Miller in the Bo line, see what is the outcoming.

Put Leivo in EP40 line is one option, we have other players could be use:  Sutton, Jake.

Andy Sutton? I'm not sure even Petey could help him score. 

I know we're trying to find goals and chemistry, but switching the middle 6 every game and sometime multiple time per game, isn't helping IMO

Green says he's happy with the last 2 games, lots of chances just need to bury them. 

Baer- Bo - Leivo- 2 strong board players and a finesse guy

Pearson- Sutts - Jake- simple north south game suits all 3 of these players

stick it out , let them gel a bit especially 

1st and 4th are self explanatory 

Lets git some goals boys!

16 minutes ago, mll said:

Last season he was playing top-6 mostly with Pettersson-Boeser and on PP1.  In P60 which measures scoring efficiency he was 294th among Fs with at least 40 games.  Without the same prime opportunities Virtanen had similar numbers.

Those are not great numbers lol. He's definitely not a top 6 player, but I don't think its ridiculous to include him as a complementary player on a skilled line for his board work alone. This season he has flubbed many chances in tight, and he's still at a 35 point pace. I think he's a solid 3rd liner.

7 hours ago, Cluminati* said:

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser

WOW! Isn’t a promotion to the top line based on a player’s performances in previous showings?? Am I missing something here??

Green you joker you...we all know Leivo is not gonna play on the 1st line. Good one. :sadno::sadno::sadno:

Leivo is Green's Desjardin's Megna....

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nuck-lifer said:

I know we're trying to find goals and chemistry, but switching the middle 6 every game and sometime multiple time per game, isn't helping IMO

Green says he's happy with the last 2 games, lots of chances just need to bury them. 

agreed. green mixes the lines up a bit too much. hes been better on that this season though I think.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Tough coaches seem to win Cups, like a-holes always seem to be on Cup winning teams. In this league, nice guys finish last. Tired of being the nice team with zero banners.

Need a cpl guys with attitude and swagger on this team. 

Ferland could be that guy but he's injured. Who knows where he's going to moving forward.amd he's known for not taking any chances takes his sweet time returning from injuries. It's fine especially with head injuries he's got a life after hockey..

But need a cpl of jerks.. Roussel can be that guy. Need cpl more of them. Hopefully get one for 2nd line..

5 hours ago, EdgarM said:

This puts legit threats on two lines. Beartchi is not a game changer alone and having support from Miller and Bo should help him out. I seem to recall Bo and Baert having success with a skilled Boes on the line.

Petey and Boes only need a guy to dig the puck out of the corners and make room for them to do their magic. Leivo might be OK.

In theory, but in reality we might see EP40 and Boeser getting double teamed leaving Leivo open in the slot. If they can get him the puck chances are good he won't be able to finish. I think this is exactly why Miller has had so much success so far. The defenders focus mostly on EP40 leaving Miller open. The difference between Leivo and Miller though is that Miller can actually find the back of the net. 

I was happy to see Baertchi slot back into the lineup but now after seeing him again I can see why other CDCers don't like him. He is soft on the puck and easily gets pushed off.

14 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

Happy Birthday Petey!! hope you celebrate with a hat trick tonight.....unfortunately with the way the things have been going....should be happy if they could beat the slump and get a win....but I don't have a good feeling about this one....:sadno:

The way he's been playing, getting the looks as they say, this is possible! Pettersson was visibly frustrated and angry last game, and he hates losing. I can see him having a big night. A hatty sounds great. They need to get back to scoring goals, clog the front of the net and fire shots. They'll go in eventually.