The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Kovalchuk done in LA?

HerrDrFunk

On 11/16/2019 at 2:21 AM, BCNeil said:

They might as well just let him play.  They have no chance to make the playoffs this year or next anyways, and nobody will trade for him.  LA just needs to suck it up.

No point for them to trade for LE, it just means they suck for year 3 too.  Which they probably will regardless.  I like having the Kings last place.  

So Doughty available at the trade deadline?

Edited by Me_

• 4 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Kovy signed thru next year. 

Plus has NMC. He's not willing to waive his NMC according to reports couple weeks ago.

They likely buy him out in summer. 

The 2nd portion of his signing bonus (2.65M) is due on 15 December.  Eronko thinks they will mutually terminate the contract once that amount is paid.    

Edited by mll

16 minutes ago, mll said:

The 2nd portion of his signing bonus (2.65M) is due on 15 December.  Eronko thinks they will mutually terminate the contract once that amount is paid.    

For Kovy to terminate his contract  would be silly. He's got full NMC and makes 4+ mill next season. 

They'll buy him out in summer he takes almost 3 mill in buyout and go back to play in St Petersburg next season. 

On 12/14/2019 at 12:24 AM, WHL rocks said:

For Kovy to terminate his contract  would be silly. He's got full NMC and makes 4+ mill next season. 

They'll buy him out in summer he takes almost 3 mill in buyout and go back to play in St Petersburg next season. 

He wants to play so he'll take the bonus, mutually terminate, then find a new sucker... I mean suitor. 

Imagine having enough money in the bank to walk away from an extra $4.25 million dollars.

I'm in the wrong line of work. :(

Cap friendly has him at $67.9 mill earnings over his career.

Edited by gurn
capfreindly info

2 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

I think the big question is when can he sign for a new team? If he can sign with a team this season, then Baertschi should take this same route, but he has less money banked compared to Kovy, so he's taking a loss in earnings to try and prove he's NHL worthy. If the money is important, then his camp should keep quiet and get paid and possibly bought out in the summer to revive his career at that point.

7 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I think the big question is when can he sign for a new team? If he can sign with a team this season, then Baertschi should take this same route, but he has less money banked compared to Kovy, so he's taking a loss in earnings to try and prove he's NHL worthy. If the money is important, then his camp should keep quiet and get paid and possibly bought out in the summer to revive his career at that point.

best chance now for a new home for Baer is on the 2nd day of the next draft. And I guess who knows how this year goes, if Pearson goes down Baer might be back up.