The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 12, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

Eriksson for kovachuck, kovachuck can play 1st line or 2nd line, fresh start for both players and both makes 6 million why not ?

A buddy for Tryamkin?  Now that Goldie is probably gone. Depends on his attitude. If he really wants to revive his career and put in the work. He hasn't won the Cup yet. Just eluded him in New Jersey and Los Angeles. And he could see us as a rising threat to get him that ring.  Plus he has one less year on the books. We'd have to throw something else in.

Why not?. Probably because LA would have to have some use for Louie. And they don't  A lot of veteran NHLers do the little things well. He's not that special. But I'd ask if I were JB.

Edited by kilgore

In a post-game interview with Vancouver media:

"Just embarrassing," Predators defenseman Dan Hamhuis said. "A team like that should not be beating a team like ours 5-3, there's absolutely no way."

Happy birthday Petey! Thanks for the gift of those delicious goals!

The losing streak is over WOOOOOOOOOOO

• Haha 1

Maybe not quite as impressive a comparison as it was earlier this season, but here is what the Canuck's record has looked like through 19 games.  The goal differential is still hugely improved.

After 19 games:

2016 (11 home games): 7-10-2 (-20 goal differential)

2017 (10 home games): 9-8-2 (-6 goal differential)

2018 (7 home games): 10-7-2 (-3 goal differential)

2019 (8 home games): 10-6-3 (+13 goal differential)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

So if Sutter is injured we will need at least one call up. Who will it be? Goldy? Big Mac?

Beagle is also day to day, so perhaps we need two call ups. We can only afford that if Sutter goes onto LTIR. 

I’d like to see Big Mac called up. 

Hopefully Beagle is good to go against Dallas. But if he is out for next couple of games, this is F line up I’d like to see:

Leivo Petey Boeser

Baer Horvat Virtanen 

Pearson Miller Eriksson

Schaller Gaudette MacEwen

Obviously PK is most affected. Run with...
PK1: Horvat Pearson

PK2: Schaller Eriksson

Not bad considering our list of injured forwards:

Sutter

Beagle

Motte 

Ferland

Roussel

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

By the way:

For those guys on this board who scoffed at Josi getting the lifetime contract with Nashville... I hope they were watching tonight.

He is a dominant D-man... he drives the Preds offense, skating circles around the Canucks all night... he should have had a couple assists at least, but Preds forwards missed some gimmes.

Talk to me in 5 years.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, knucklehead91 said:

That was a pretty decent game. Second period was a bit frantic, but Demko took care of that. 
3/3 on the PP. I like how the 2nd unit kept it simple on the PP and capitalized off a shot and a rebound.

Despite everyones hate for Newell Browns operations, the PP is clicking at 22% roughly. Top 10 in the league.

To me Sutter’s injury looked like a groin issue. It was mid stride and he tested out a few strides. But wasnt going deep in his strides.

Good to see our bottom 6 pot a few goals and Petey to continue rolling.

Has anyone else been diggin Boeser’s intensity? Far more physically engaged this season, diggin hard and throwing his weight around.

Isn’t Boes just a one dimensional goal scorer though? Hah!

Boeser is by far our best forward so far this season. Just incredible all-around, involved, physical, intelligent, and brings a lot of grit. 

That is not a knock on EP, who is our best forward in general, and who is producing even though we all know he isn’t playing at his best so far.

Boeser had a lot to prove, and he hasn’t disappointed. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Love the PP success.  That same PP that is stagnant, putrid, no imagination, need to fire Newell Brown, get a new coach happens to be leading the league in PP goals.  

Fun game last night, glad to see the win for everyone, especially for Marky.  Team is learning how to win, how to play when things are against you, how to play as a team, have each others backs.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

My boy Jake had an excellent game I thought.  He played a smart game and looked quick.  Combined with his natural talents he is a friggin handfull out there.  Maybe the Miller effect in play.

Motte and Roussel would make this a very annoying team to play against.  

The real question is: once his game comes together fully will the posters who wanted to put him on waivers own up to their stupidity?

• Cheers 1