The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 12, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

was thinking the same thing. Petey-Miller-Bo-AG as the Cs might be a thing for a game or two if Beagle is only out short term. They can still load up for o-zone draws and PPs so it might be OK short term. 

Feels like it's the opportunity to give Gaudette a bigger role.  Not sure he would get that playing with Schaller-Eriksson.  He's not going back to Utica - only 9 games before he is waiver eligible. His development will have to be in the NHL.  With Sutter out he should be C3 with some scoring wingers and decent ice time.   

• Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup this is his chance. Its exciting, he's still raw but feels like every time he's in the lineup he seems to spark something. 

I'm scared for Sutter tho, I hope this isn't another groin tear. 

Green sounded concerned.  Graovac is a C and has been recalled with MacEwen per Dhaliwal.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

The Jake haters will be honest about that shortly after Hell freezes over.

wow, I don't think anyone truly HATES Jake................................. hate is such a strong word

lets be honest here, we all want him to be successful, be a force on a CONSISTENT basis

he seems to be getting going now, good for him, good for the team and good for the real fans that don't HATE

That was a big win for us.  If we had lost, I feel that we could go on a pretty big slide.  Win tomorrow and we are right back with the Oilers at the top of the division.  

-This is Gaudettes time to establish himself.  I feel that he could thrive on the 3rd line if Sutter is out.  He quietly has 6 points in 9 games now.

-Virtanen has taken more strides this year.  He has been very good through 20 games.  I could see him scoring 20 goals and 40 points this year, has a much better nose for the net this year.

-Demko is looking like he is the real deal.  He could be ready to be our #1 as early as next year.  Tough call coming up this offseason with Markstrom.

-I really like the way Boeser is coming along.  Still floats a bit at times, but is much more than a 1 dimensional scrorer

-Meyers has been an outstanding pick up.  I've been waiting for the tire fire that many said he is to come out, but through 20 games, he has been a solid #2

-Quinn Hughes is a 20 year old rookie.  I still can't beleive how good he is already.  5 years from now he will be a franchise D.

• Cheers 4

Glad that the boys got the W for the birthday boy last night and they have the taste of victory back in their hungry mouths. Yes that’s right Brock, taste the W!

*notables of the game were:

How sharp Demko has been playing under 20 NHL games.

Gaudette was everywhere on the ice and had plenty of chances.

Pearson might be bad at Mario Kart but he’s looking like he’s getting back into the scoring groove when we acquired him last spring. 

Bill Murray is a good luck charm, let’s make him the Canucks Caddy or a fill in like he was in Space Jam.

Savour that W boys, get the taste and go for more against the Stars tomorrow. 

DB920CC3-22F1-48E7-8CE3-5EC1B03C39D7.gif

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

When did Hamhius become a dirty player? lol That crosscheck aganst Miller in front after the whistle and then Boeser coming in to mix it up, he looked pi**ed. Was kind of funny seeing Bill Murray check his 50/50 tickets, doesn't he have enough money?

4 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Glad that the boys got the W for the birthday boy last night and they have the taste of victory back in their hungry mouths. Yes that’s right Brock, taste the W!

*notables of the game were:

How sharp Demko has been playing under 20 NHL games.

Gaudette was everywhere on the ice and had plenty of chances.

Pearson might be bad at Mario Kart but he’s looking like he’s getting back into the scoring groove when we acquired him last spring. 

Bill Murray is a good luck charm, let’s make him the Canucks Caddy or a fill in like he was in Space Jam.

Savour that W boys, get the taste and go for more against the Stars tomorrow. 

DB920CC3-22F1-48E7-8CE3-5EC1B03C39D7.gif

In the middle of a scrum

"Hold on, I think I have a hair on my tongue"

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

When did Hamhius become a dirty player? lol That crosscheck aganst Miller in front after the whistle and then Boeser coming in to mix it up, he looked pi**ed. Was kind of funny seeing Bill Murray check his 50/50 tickets, doesn't he have enough money?

By the looks of it I think he told Hammer to “fack off” of “back off” Hammer is just trying to stay relevant and stay in this league now. 

52D63155-6A58-492B-8613-9B78B6E6DDCB.gif

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

He's on his way out and he knows that Nashville isn't making noise in the playoffs, so he's pissed.

Yeah boys. Double digit wins!!!

It was a hard fought battle playing this Preds team. 

We were good to play physical on them early and it took them awhile for them to find their game.

They pushed hard but Demko to the rescue. 

If goals were more spread out amongst forwards, I would easily include Demko and Bo in 3 stars of the night. 

That Gaudette kid has good nose for the net. I like his positioning in the O-zone and his release. 

He plays hard but not too desperate. Didnt make many mistakes out there. 

Everyone stepped up. Big win. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Probably getting slower in his old age, needs to add something to his game I guess