The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall MacEwan and Graovac

Rate this topic

SilentSam

1 minute ago, xereau said:

5 goals again last night, through much adversity too.

This team is okay, and fun.

One thing that irks me is the treatment of Petie on the ice. He has been getting tougher treatment of late. Even though I can see why teams need to do that, I would like a big guy like Mac to hit their forwards just as much or more.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

MacEwen - 6'4"  211

Graovac - 6'5"  210

That's what I like to see, Canucks have enough elite skill in Pettersson, Boeser, Miller, Horvat, and Hughes. Nice to see them bringing up guys with speed and size who can hammer opponents and wear them down.

I agree with you (but Miller at 6'1" 220 lbs and Horvat at 6' and 215 lbs have good size and skill themselves).

Not having 'softies' on the roster (Ericksson, Goldie, Leipsic, etc.) is addition by subtraction as well.

Coming soon:  Motter and Rouss; later Tryamkin.

Then we will have a team built for the playoffs.

• Upvote 4

Eriksson needs to not only be pushed out of the lineup, he should be demoted at this point.  He has gotten more shots than anyone can reasonably expect... we should be calling up our depth guys to cover injuries and not him.  Look at our record with him on the ice... suddenly we don’t get to push the pace with all our lines.

Maybe he even retires, knowing he used up his last chance.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

MacEwen - 6'4"  211

Graovac - 6'5"  210

That's what I like to see, Canucks have enough elite skill in Pettersson, Boeser, Miller, Horvat, and Hughes. Nice to see them bringing up guys with speed and size who can hammer opponents and wear them down.

I'm guessing Graovac is here in case of emergency. I expect to se Big Mac suit up tho. 

• Upvote 3