The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT+Herbalism] Stars Vs Canucks | Nov. 14th, 2019 @ 7PM - Cdn Forces Night

Rate this topic

FutureFilm

This is a interesting game to estimate.

Dallas has been really good over the last 10 games having only one outright loss, winning 8 games and one OTL. What is impressive is that this has happened with their two super stars getting no goals at all.

For Jamie Benn this is as close to playing at home as it gets and there is no Groot to distract or dismantle him. After the coach called them out they might be very motivated.

For the Canucks they are playing another tired team that just won last night, they should be facing the back up although their backup has a winning record too.

All the advantages give Vancouver the edge, they called up the big players so I expect them to play a heavy low scoring game. They will rely once again on the PP to win the game and wear down the Dallas defence.

But it is November and the witch of November has set up shop so a close game going to OT and possibly a SO can happen.

The key IMO is Jamie Benn, he could wreck havoc if he finds his game today,

Edited by ItTakesAnArmy

36 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Battle of the Benns

Hard to believe the Stars leading scorer only has 11 points.

They did beat CGY 3-1, but I think the Canucks can win this one.

I was at the Dallas-Calgary game. A few exciting moments followed by long stretches of meh.

Dallas won’t beat you with their speed, they let the puck do the work. Corey Perry was one of their most noticeable guys and Pavelski got an opportunistic goal and an empty netter. 
Dallas strategy seems to be to lull their opponents to sleep. Flames never seemed to be engaged and may not have woken up yet.

Milan was dangerous, as he almost crushed a teammate while trying to execute a turn.

Anyone who still thinks we should take a flyer on Lucic or Jordy Benn, should have been at last nights game. Both of them should be avoided at all costs. We already have enough whipping boys as it is.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bo fan said:

That may appear the case now - but all those minutes will come back to haunt in the long run

Definitely

But as an offensive guy this season it seems he's trying to create pretty plays and ends up over complicating things. He's having a really good year points wise but I haven't really seen him be the juggernaut he's capable of being.

With horvat And Beagle out he will have the hard matchups and defensive zone starts. I see with @Alfs crystal ball that his line will get quite a few chances of the rush tonight

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen
Baertschi-Gaudette-Miller
Schaller-Graovac-Eriksson
MacEwen

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher
Fantenberg

whats the over/under on that 4th line getting more than 6 minutes? 

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Leivo-Pettersson-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen
Baertschi-Gaudette-Miller
Schaller-Graovac-Eriksson
MacEwen

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher
Fantenberg

Well, time to listen to people complaining about why Eriksson is in over MacEwen if this ends up being their lineup tonight

• Upvote 3