The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT+Herbalism] Stars Vs Canucks | Nov. 14th, 2019 @ 7PM - Cdn Forces Night

Rate this topic

FutureFilm

It's amazing how professional and strong a person he is, Markstrom, staying with the team and even starting tonight. I know his Dad recently passed, but wouldn't he have gone home to Sweden for the service? It's sad for him, but I hope he can use this as motivation to win games for Dad. It's impressive how he's been able to keep his head in the game, going through what he went through.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

It's amazing how professional and strong a person he is, Markstrom, staying with the team and even starting tonight. I know his Dad recently passed, but wouldn't he have gone home to Sweden for the service? It's sad for him, but I hope he can use this as motivation to win games for Dad. It's impressive how he's been able to keep his head in the game, going through what he went through.

I would imagine that’s what the leave of absence was where he went back to Sweden. I assume he just needed some time before deciding to go public with the info on hockey fights cancer night. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I was under the impression that his father passed while he was on his leave of absence from the team; they just chose to let everyone know what happened on Hockey Fights Cancer night. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, xereau said:

https://www.tsn.ca/calgary-flames-defenceman-t-j-brodie-collapses-at-practice-after-apparent-seizure-1.1397834

Let's hope that he is okay. Taken off by paramedics on a stretcher, so that's not good.

Hopefully ok.  Nothing like a seizure to get the adrenaline flowing.  My sister grew up with epilepsy for about 10-12 years before “outgrowing” it. Always scary when she had an episode. 

9 minutes ago, xereau said:

https://www.tsn.ca/calgary-flames-defenceman-t-j-brodie-collapses-at-practice-after-apparent-seizure-1.1397834

Let's hope that he is okay. Taken off by paramedics on a stretcher, so that's not good.

6 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Hopefully ok.  Nothing like a seizure to get the adrenaline flowing.  My sister grew up with epilepsy for about 10-12 years before “outgrowing” it. Always scary when she had an episode. 

Some speculation it may be heart related. 

6 minutes ago, sonoman said:

My sis has it at 40. Its a terrible thing, she's unimaginiably disabled from a lifetime of seizures. And the drugs they give to suppress the seizures are horrific in their side effects.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1