The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 14, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, singing chef said:

imo Edler has been a good defenseman for Canucks for many years;  he plays his heart out, hits hard, blocks shots and is a real work horse.  Puts his body on the line for the team and always has.  But..........could we PLEASE leave him on the bench when we have a pp.  Why not try Myers or Stecher  -  someone who can get the shot through instead of his shot dying on the shins of the opponent (as it often does and often creates a 2 on 1 against). 

stecher did score tonight but that doesn't happen too often, Myers really needs to practise  on shooting on goal, same with Stecher

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Torts said:

Bo's out there killing penalties don't expect him to be fresh enough to generate any scoring chances.

Green's coaching is like beating a dead horse. Yeah you change the lines up but the strategy is the exact same. 

This is &^@#ing pathetic. Is no one else tired of seeing our supporting cast carry the play 80% of the time? I must be &^@#ed in the head for thinking that if Pettersson and Boeser (& hughes, Horvat, miller) are on the ice, the puck shouldn't be on anyone elses stick for too long.

Scrub coach that has a job solely because of Bennings drafting. Go out there and coach the club instead of &^@#ing with the lines. 

No, let me do your job for you. This is your Jack Adams winning strategy right here : "Hey boys get the puck to our stars as SOON as possible and let them generate a scoring chance"

Are you the real John Tortorella, or just a master of impressions?

Nice touch with the bold font. 10/10

4 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

Bo's out there killing penalties don't expect him to be fresh enough to generate any scoring chances.

Green's coaching is like beating a dead horse. Yeah you change the lines up but the strategy is the exact same. 

This is &^@#ing pathetic. Is no one else tired of seeing our supporting cast carry the play 80% of the time? I must be &^@#ed in the head for thinking that if Pettersson and Boeser (& hughes, Horvat, miller) are on the ice, the puck shouldn't be on anyone elses stick for too long.

Scrub coach that has a job solely because of Bennings drafting. Go out there and coach the club instead of &^@#ing with the lines. 

No, let me do your job for you. This is your Jack Adams winning strategy right here : "Hey boys get the puck to our stars as SOON as possible and let them generate a scoring chance"

2wderu.jpg.94ef293f979057549de30220ebcbdf3c.jpg

7 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Don't be so quick to give the coaches a pass  partner. Did you notice Hughes on  the pp carry the puck by himself all the way into the offensive zone and nobody followed him?  They all sat outside confused.  That's coaching my friend. 

Pettersson was mugged and blanketed all night. Yet the coach kept him saddled with Leivo. Coaching.

Eriksson started. Coaching. 

2 2 game they took over we sat back. Coaching is not directly responsible but the coaches did not help usb play a good 3rd. And we didn't battle when we needed to. 

Don't just dismiss a loss as a bad game. Our coaching right now is questionable. 

I hope hockey is as simple as you think it is. 

Hughes is a rookie. He has made a numerous mistakes in recent games. (which is fine but dont assume that he's a perfect defenceman for us just yet)

It's so easy to pinpoint one thing to put all blames. 

We have at least AHLers (or at least started in the A) in our lineup. 

If you seriously think putting the Lotto line was the correct move for this game, ur wrong. 

Would make things so easy for the other team to just try and shut that one line down.

Team played well, high tempo, finishing hits.

PP let us down and their goalie was hot, other wise maybe the outcome is different. 

Dallas has had our number fora while now. I imagine their ownership just loves beating Aqua's team, they're salty like that. They probably have some 'beat the Canucks' performance incentives. 

I watched the Dallas feed, their announcers were very impressed with our squad..,..all the young talent, they loved Hughes and EP, saw the Dallas victory as a strong achievement.

Anyway, on to the next.

7 hours ago, JamesB said:

4. I would also be inclined to put Miller, Boeser, and Boeser back together as the top line. In general you get the most out of your most talented players by playing them with other talented players. That is probably the first sentence of the official "book" on hockey strategy, and there is a good reason for it. 

Miller would probably get the Boeser brothers going. ;)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

This is how it is with alll stars in the league who do this. They can’t call them all, if they did there would be ten power plays a game on just him. We just haven’t had a player like Petey since prime henrik so we haven’t noticed it or it hasn’t been as noticeable until now. But I swear this happens to Eichel every game too I’m also a buffalo fan.

Interesting take. I did say to the wife that EP could draw a penalty every shift he takes. 

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Mediocre goaltending, unfortunately. Wouldn't mind another Demko game.

One has to wonder if Demko keeps playing lights out if he takes over the net from Marky.  I don't think Marky will be able to play very many mediocre games if Demko is on fire before he loses the net.

GP      SV%     GAA

Demko          7         .931       2.13

Marky           15        .914       2.59

Missed 95% of the game.  Did see Stech's goal (yea!) but it was a bit of a crazy night here.

Hope we're not firing everyone (again).

Keep working on it...that's what young teams do.  Each loss gives them experience to draw and correct from.

• Upvote 2

I find it funny that people drone on and on about teams on a back to back and how tired they are and how they should lose.  It is like they read it once from an uninformed poster and then keep parroting it like some kind of moron.

There is almost no difference percentage wise for a team on a back to back to lose. In 2016-17 the Blues earned 20 of 24 points on back to backs.  Quit parroting bull%$#$.

SO HOW MUCH DOES PLAYING BACK TO BACK IMPACT WIN PROBABILITY?

Over the past five years, NHL teams have averaged .108 fewer points per game when playing for the second straight night than they have when playing on one or more days rest. Earning .108 less of a possible two points represents about a 5% decrease in point production, and theoretically a 5% downgrade in win probability.

Read more: https://www.nhltips.ca/back-to-back-games-nhl-betting-tips/#ixzz65MBYzgUO

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, JamesB said:

3. I don't get the Edler bashing. He is a rock on the PK and is a rock playing shutdown. He is the one guy our D cannot afford to lose.

People that bash Edler show they have no knowledge at all about NHL hockey and definitely not about the Canucks.  It is kind of embarrassing reading their comments honestly.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Missed 95% of the game.  Did see Stech's goal (yea!) but it was a bit of a crazy night here.

Keep working on it...that's what young teams do.  Each loss gives them experience to draw and correct from.

I thought it was a hard fought game. We still look like a team on the rise.

More importantly how is the little hoppy one?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

When we're losing everyone is fired, when we're winning everyone is rehired.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I thought it was a hard fought game. We still look like a team on the rise.

More importantly how is the little hoppy one?

Fighting.  Hard.  3 trips to the vet yesterday (2x emergency).  Round the clock meds/stuff atm, but he's stabilizing so it's worth the sleeplessness.  

Thanks, so much, for asking.  xo

Love our vet...looked at me and said "want some water?".  No thanks.  "Whiskey?" .  Yep.

• Like 2

Our defense has been great this year, last night Edler and Myers got caught on the first goal, Stecher had a swing and a miss on the second goal, Benn had a bad bounce on the third goal, it happens. I'm thinking, they've earned a pass.

What's wrong with BO? Well once last night when he got to the bench I saw him pull his glove off and was checking his hand - not sure  what happened there . In an interview somewhere in the last week I remember him saying he felt his best playing 19 to 20 min. And I am sure he feels he isn't producing like he would like to.

Stop the Edler bashing - the man plays hard minutes. No one seems to appreciate him until he is hurt and not in the lineup

At the beginning of the season so many of us were excited to watch our young team grow, learn to play in the  big league, build chemistry, win battles.  We wanted fast entertaining hockey - are we not seeing that for the most part?

No - last night wasn't a great game but it certainly had some great moments. The bottom line is we can't win them all - we aren't going to score on every PP  and we won't be 100% on the PK either.  But playing teams like Dallas, the Blues, Washington etc - the heavier teams is a learning lesson for the young guys. They will learn - they will grow and hopefully soon become "one of those teams"

are people putting that loss on marky? did i miss something? i saw a team that could get control of the puck in their own zone. teams that pressure the canucks like that usually wins. we couldn’t own, our own end. our passes weren’t on target and when we dumped the puck in their zone, no one could get in there fast enough to get the puck. 

we just give the puck away, too many times. the team was trying but just weren’t good enough. on to next game. 

Edited by smithers joe
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1