The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Avs @ Nucks Sat Nov 16th 2019 7pm HNIC - Black Skate Jersey Edition 1/3

Rate this topic

xereau

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Really the only hiccup with Demko/Markstrom tandem is the expansion draft. 

Demko still has a long way to go to be a true number one. 30-40 solid games this year would be a good start to that. 

Agree, Canucks really have a good situation here from now till next years Tdl, then we shall see how it plays out

• Cheers 1

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

Agree, Canucks really have a good situation here from now till next years Tdl, then we shall see how it plays out

Marky is UFA at end of this season. Does he  sign extension without NMC? No way we leave Demko unprotected.

Or does he sign 1 year deal?. And hit UFA in expansion year again...We'll see in the summer. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Stelar said:

This is hilarious. A rumour all started because of &^@#ing Bartkowskis mom.  

Not the only person I have heard it from, I'll leave it at that. If he's changed his attitude in Pittsburgh, then good for him. I’m not going to cry over losing a 3rd liner regardless. 

17 hours ago, Kushman said:

Just got tickets for the game! First one of the  season for me. Taking my gf who's never been to a game and knows literally nothing about hockey. I hope the boys don't disappoint!

took my gf, now wife, to a hockey game ...game 7 vs Calgary in 2004...she too knows nothing about hockey and still doesn't know...until she started taking the boy to his hockey games and volunteering in the penalty box and score clock...now she is asking all kinds of questions and understanding the game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Marky is UFA at end of this season. Does he  sign extension without NMC? No way we leave Demko unprotected.

Or does he sign 1 year deal?. And hit UFA in expansion year again...We'll see in the summer. 

Clearly we have two really good goalies. I’m wondering if JB has a plan to recoup our lost first to TBay this 2020 draft (we are making the playoffs) by trading Demko?  

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Pete M said:

took my gf, now wife, to a hockey game ...game 7 vs Calgary in 2004...she too knows nothing about hockey and still doesn't know...until she started taking the boy to his hockey games and volunteering in the penalty box and score clock...now she is asking all kinds of questions and understanding the game.

I'm hoping this changes her mind  on the sport. It's the only thing we ever argue about (me watching the games). I put my foot down from day 1 that this is a non negotiable subject, i Will watch every game (I made the  exception that some nights im willing to pvr) so it's best she start to take interest in the sport :lol:

Edited by Kushman
  • Haha 3