The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is there a way to follow the Canucks without Rogers Sportsnet

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, 131313 said:

Is there a legal way to follow the Canucks without supporting Rogers Sportsnet? I just cancelled my Sportsnet Now because of the Don Cherry issue (I thought Don should have retired years ago but that was complete garbage) but I would still like to see or hear the Canucks games.

No "legal" way.  You'll figure it out.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, tas said:

get nhl gamecenter and watch the opponent's feed every game, I guess. unless they're playing another Canadian team, then you'll be stuck with Sportsnet either way.

option 2 would be growing up. 

funny I just had the thought this morning, or maybe it was wishful thinking, that with his firing it might help some to grow up a bit. Cherry really wasn't a national treasure or icon and shouldn't be thought of that way. A more turned out, shall we say, role model needs to step  in to fill the void but the time of Cherry is past. Let's move on. 

• Wat 4
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, nucklehead said:

funny I just had the thought this morning, or maybe it was wishful thinking, that with his firing it might help some to grow up a bit. Cherry really wasn't a national treasure or icon and shouldn't be thought of that way. A more turned out, shall we say, role model needs to step  in to fill the void but the time of Cherry is past. Let's move on. 

just go in a different direction imo. Coach's Corner is gone, just insert To the point with Burke into the lead spot during 1st intermission and do a hot stove style for 2nd period intermission 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 131313 said:

Is there a legal way to follow the Canucks without supporting Rogers Sportsnet? I just cancelled my Sportsnet Now because of the Don Cherry issue (I thought Don should have retired years ago but that was complete garbage) but I would still like to see or hear the Canucks games.

This drives me nuts as well. I have Internet through Shaw, but I shut off TV service because there is NEVER anything worth watching that I can’t get on Netflix or other streaming services.

I have NHL Game Center, but games are usually blacked out, because of broadcasting agreements that are 50 years behind the times.

Need the NHL to wake up and realize its not 1985 anymore and that there are other ways of doing it now that still allows them to have an agreement with big media.

Would be interested to see how many agree with me.

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, tas said:

get nhl gamecenter and watch the opponent's feed every game, I guess. unless they're playing another Canadian team, then you'll be stuck with Sportsnet either way.

option 2 would be growing up. 

1. NHL Game Center is through Rogers and if your in BC the games are blacked out.

2. Just because someone wants to take a stand on something doesn't mean they have to grow up

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Did any of you catch sports central after the Dallas game? I found it interesting that during the show the two hosts turned their chairs around to the back screen and had a remote and were promoting a Sportsnet subscription channel by showing what you could do with it. I find it hard to believe that that was coincidence. I’m guessing they may have had a few people unsubscribe over the past few days. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1