The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vegas Waivers- Pirri

sonoman

3 hours ago, reyezone said:

A perennial contender with a fully healthy lineup cuts a centerman on a $775,000 expiring contract? 

If you needed some patchwork help at C, this could be an opportunity.

3 hours ago, BettyWhites44 said:

I can see the penguins picking him up. Low risk cheap contract they need as much depth as they can with Crosby being out for up to 6 weeks.

He seems to be more of a listed center but really a winger type (see Gagner/Granlund/etc). We need help with faceoffs and not sure he's really an upgrade on Gaudette or EP (just the faceoffs) at this point. Not sure he helps Pittsburgh for the same reason.

17 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

He seems to be more of a listed center but really a winger type (see Gagner/Granlund/etc). We need help with faceoffs and not sure he's really an upgrade on Gaudette or EP (just the faceoffs) at this point. Not sure he helps Pittsburgh for the same reason.

He’s a plug in and play type player who has already played in the east (NYR) so he knows the conference. They can just bury his contract in the minors when Crosby is back. Plus he doesn’t have to play centre if Pittsburgh picks him up they can just put him on the wing. 

5 hours ago, BettyWhites44 said:

I can see the penguins picking him up. Low risk cheap contract they need as much depth as they can with Crosby being out for up to 6 weeks.

the Pens currently have 11 Cs , 1 LW and 2 RW on thier roster

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, reyezone said:

A perennial contender with a fully healthy lineup cuts a centerman on a $775,000 expiring contract? 

If you needed some patchwork help at C, this could be an opportunity.

Im not sure if I understand “perennial”. 

Im pretty sure that i understand that Vegas was gifted a team to get interest, in a city with a lot of money, and it was imperative that the team won for its first “fee years”.  I mean “few”. Silly autocorrect *giggle*. 

Didnt the panthers make the final shortly after entering the league? Hows that working out. 

Get realsies. Seattle will be no different

7 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Im not sure if I understand “perennial”. 

Im pretty sure that i understand that Vegas was gifted a team to get interest, in a city with a lot of money, and it was imperative that the team won for its first “fee years”.  I mean “few”. Silly autocorrect *giggle*. 

Didnt the panthers make the final shortly after entering the league? Hows that working out. 

Get realsies. Seattle will be no different

I might have been stretching a bit. 

• Thanks 1

A little history lesson, only about the Florida Panthers “nhl hockey team”. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Panthers

’96 they went to the finals. Really vancouver gave them a goalie that would legitimately take an expansion team through to the finals?

barrrrrrf. “Keep yo hands offa my stack”

(i was listening to pink floyd) 

“dont take a slice of my pie”

Edited by MystifyNCrucify
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, BettyWhites44 said:

He’s a plug in and play type player who has already played in the east (NYR) so he knows the conference. They can just bury his contract in the minors when Crosby is back. Plus he doesn’t have to play centre if Pittsburgh picks him up they can just put him on the wing. 

He was in the East 3 seasons ago. A lot has changed since then. Even with that said, I doubt it has little bearing on the decision to pick him up or not. They have plenty of the similar center listed wingers. I think they'll focus on having Malkin, McCann in the top 6 and have Blueger (who's taken a lot of draws for them) and Lafferty/Blandisi handle the bottom 6. I guess we will see if he gets claimed or not.

• Cheers 1