The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What band from the classic rock era do you hate

SixtyMinuteMan

8 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

All three are awesome and I would add  Mark Knopler/Dire Straits.

Dislike Rush and Arrowsmith.  Those voices...uhg.

Are you saying that you don't like Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits? I'm trying to figure out if I need to get my hunting gear together or not.

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Prefab music in the 60's. The Monkees 

Prefab music in the 90's. Spice Girls. LOL

I'll take Monkees thanks. 

Even if they ventured into quasi country. Lol

IMHO, the Monkees "redeemed" themselves somewhat when they essentially told Don Kirshner to go **** himself.  

They could've had probably several more years of doing that 'bumble gum schlock' but what they lack in ability they made up for in integrity.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

Are you saying that you don't like Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits? I'm trying to figure out if I need to get my hunting gear together or not.

No way!  He's one of my faves.  I was responding to the guy that had his HM of Yes, Steely Dan and Chicago, who I also like.

Thanks though.  Now I'm getting a reputation as a MK hater:shock:

• Upvote 2

Pearl jam. 

In their time they were insanely popular

But whenever I hear any of their stuff on the radio it's either the song daughter off of vs or black off of ten. And then the song better man. 

They have much better songs then these ones.. but because of the radio tracks I can't take Pearl jam seriously

• Like 1

Just now, higgyfan said:

No way!  He's one of my faves.  I was responding to the guy that had his HM of Yes, Steely Dan and Chicago, who I also like.

Thanks though.  Now I'm getting a reputation as a MK hater:shock:

All right then.

He's still my favorite performance of all of the bands that I've seen live.

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'll join you. Was it overplayed for a while, sure. But Knopfler is a virtuoso. Telegraph Road 14:19 minutes of genius. 

I'm not sure if you're referring to my post in the music thread where I mentioned overplayed songs. Honestly, the only reason I mentioned it is because sometimes overplayed music echoes in my brain at like 4:00 in the morning and is accompanied by a horrible depression.

Some bands for whatever reason do not do that to me. Dire Straits being one of the ones that I can listen to without that consequence.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DontFearTheReaper said:

Pearl jam. 

In their time they were insanely popular

But whenever I hear any of their stuff on the radio it's either the song daughter off of vs or black off of ten. And then the song better man. 

They have much better songs then these ones.. but because of the radio tracks I can't take Pearl jam seriously

I saw Pearl Jam play a small club in VIctoria called Harpos before they even called themselves Pearl Jam.  That show was amazing. as was their first album. after that they pretty much sucked.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Wouldn't say I hate any of these bands but they don't do it for me.

The Beach Boys, Styx, The Grateful Dead, Yes, Elton John

And for those hating on Zeppelin, may you all become Flames fans as punishment.

Some Beach Boys are ok. Good summer music. Styx yeah. Just like I'll tolerate some Elton John.

The Grateful Dead I actually like their In The Dark Album in 1987.

• Cheers 2