The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 16, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Yes, very insecure...as is shown here.

True champions don't make excuses.  

Champion? McKinnon hasn't won any Stanley Cups yet. 

Excuses? No he just decided to take the puck in OT and ram it down the Canucks throat, because he could. 

Then with a microphone in his face he told you what he thought about it all. That's taking care of business pretty darn well. It's pitiful that people can't accept that. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, xereau said:

It was hard to watch though. I saw where it hit. Saw Petey cringe and bend down in real time too.

It certainly looked bad but the rules are there for a reason. I just don't understand so many people crying about it and saying the refs should have stopped play. They never stop play when it happens to a Canuck.

Edit: ok....they did once!

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

It certainly looked bad but the rules are there for a reason. I just don't understand so many people crying about it and saying the refs should have stopped play. They never stop play when it happens to a Canuck.

Philip-Larsen-Vancouver-Canucks-stretche

Edited by xereau
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

There was a twitter post the other day before the game that said Bo left practice early due to the fact he was feeling some soreness, and even came out and said he was feeling it because his work load has increased substantially since Beagle and Sutter went down. He is playing through something and is playing huge minutes right now, and people are hacking on him asking what is wrong with him...it’s like we expect him to be a effing machine out there. The guy is a horse and when our center depth returns he can finally go back to getting some rest and will start scoring. I just hope he doesn’t wreck himself in the process. You were asking for proof and reasons why, do those suffice to you? They seem reasonable enough to me. 

We are going through some tough injuries right now, and our boys are doing their best to keep their heads above water. I said a while back we will see what kind of team this is when the injures pile up, and here we are, injury season is in, and most likely we will be playing the rest of the year short a guy or two. I still think we are icing a good product, they are doing their best to stay in games but the holes are pretty big right now to fill. Once more of our prospect depth improves we will see less and less gaps in our teams output. But that is still a few years away. 

By the way, I’m sitting in a beach in Mexico right now enjoying some rum n cokes. I suggest this as a great remedy to anyone who is suffering through Canucks Blues syndrome right now! But i’m no doctor, this is just a recommendation and by no means is the FDA approved...;)

Ok fair enough. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, xereau said:

Philip-Larsen-Vancouver-Canucks-stretche

What is the point of this?

Edit: to remind us hockey is a tough sport?  The play last night did not get stopped and it should not have been stopped. End of story. Hockey is tough. And I love it that way.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

What is the point of this?

Edit: to remind us hockey is a tough sport?  The play last night did not get stopped and it should not have been stopped. End of story. Hockey is tough. And I love it that way.

You said they never stop the play for injured Canucks, which is false. 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You said they never stop the play for injured Canucks, which is false. 

Oh....well ok...they did once. :mellow:

Never mind my wrong edit....

Edit: but aren't we talking about injured players in their own zone?  So yeah...not the same.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

6 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Excuses? No he just decided to take the puck in OT and ram it down the Canucks throat, because he could. 

Then with a microphone in his face he told you what he thought about it all. That's taking care of business pretty darn well. It's pitiful that people can't accept that. 

he acted like a whiny little fool,  the Canucks took it to his team in the third  and like Deb says they sat back. he needs to stop sounding like Doughty did

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

The Canucks have often been praised by talking heads and bloggers this season. 

Time to change the notorious victimhood culture and persecution complex embraced within forum.

Agreed.  And at times it’s not that hard to slip into that - we’ve definitely been victimized over the years.  Fans on other teams fall into this too - maybe it’s just part of loving your team and it’s practically impossible to be completely objective at times one way or another - because we are all invested emotionally in both the past, present and future.  Given how much time some quite a few of us spend on the forum, and even the occasional posters might spend a lot more time reading then adding to the conversations - not just the casual fans. 

We’ve definitely had it tough over the years (THN did a mag on what they called “Fan suffering index” and had a variety of metrics and weighted them on each catagory.   Vancouver came out on top...Buffalo and TO were also high on the list.  

Winning some series and especially a cup would go a long way in changing this.   Hope is back (for this fan at least), feel fairly confident again about our chances to make the playoffs over the next several years, and our chances once we make it.    

• Cheers 3

16 minutes ago, bree2 said:

he acted like a whiny little fool,  the Canucks took it to his team in the third  and like Deb says they sat back. he needs to stop sounding like Doughty did

As a top 5 (or better) player in this league, I don't think he needs to stop doing anything. The sport, and league, like him just the way he is ..... a competitive animal with incredible talent.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Perry strong words...what’s wrong with taking offense?  The game I watched we had COL on their heals most of the third period - not exactly a correct analogy of the game - but maybe he was peed off he lost all his face offs and was just venting.   If this bugs fans so be it - I’m sure it bugged some players on our team too - are they pitiful too?

Edited by IBatch

1 minute ago, Jack Fig said:

As a top 5 (or better) player in this league, I don't think he needs to stop doing anything. The sport, and league, like him just the way he is ..... a competitive animal with incredible talent.  

True. The NHL shows they don't care if elite players are d bags...just look at marchand. 

11 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

They did when Tanev took a puck to the face vs the Leafs.  Leafs were on the PP. He took his gloves/helmet off and the play then stopped. 

A few players had to be stretchered off after taking pucks to the head - Dupuis, Eaves.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

They did when Tanev took a puck to the face vs the Leafs.  Leafs were on the PP. He took his gloves/helmet off and the play then stopped. 

A few players had to be stretchered off after taking pucks to the head - Dupuis, Eaves.  

This. @Kanukfanatic I know it's frustrating when we get hemmed due to injury but in the cases we were it was of shots to the arms/legs which is the right call to keep play going. 

The play last night should have been stopped imo, but I'm not going to fault the Canucks for playing on when no whistle happened. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Why is everyone crying about this?  Seriously? It was a player going down in their own end. He wasn't dead. Play should not stop.

Simple. 

Bunch of millennials crying about it makes it worse.

First of all, I’m not a millennial :rolleyes:

I’m not crying either, I care about the safety of players. Guy takes a shot to the head is dangerous and should be blown down every-time. If that was Canuck everyone on here would be crying about it.

• Cheers 3