The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 16, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

If he had won the face off, did he have the legs or speed to compete with McKinnon?

nope 

MCKinnon blew by him like he was standing still, Bo actually peeled off in the opposite direction

don’t get me wrong, I like Bo

the underlying issue is we simply did not field our jest players. You play to win

you play Hughes over Tanev and EP over Bo. EP is responsible defensively and has speed to match up with McKinnon 

Do either Hughes or EP40 have the strength to contain Mac if he skates outside around them? 

Im befuddled. 

1 hour ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Do either Hughes or EP40 have the strength to contain Mac if he skates outside around them? 

Im befuddled. 

If EP or Hughes kept a good gap they have the agility to deal with the first move.  Once MacKinnon gets a head of steam pretty much anyone is screwed

Edited by flat land fish
Autocorrect
  • Upvote 2

Lol. It's not like Bo and EP are both incapable of covering MacKinnon. The guys got beat on one play because they weren't ready. This in depth analysis is silly. Either play or players could have just as easily got us a goal. We're talking 3on3 overtime. A stupid concept to begin with that has very little in common with real hockey. 

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol. It's not like Bo and EP are both incapable of covering MacKinnon. The guys got beat on one play because they weren't ready. This in depth analysis is silly. Either play or players could have just as easily got us a goal. We're talking 3on3 overtime. A stupid concept to begin with that has very little in common with real hockey. 

Might I add. The reasoning for starting Bo was to exploit Mac's low faceoff %. 

Win the draw, keep possession, low risk plays then run our EP's scoring line trio for the win. 

It was a low risk method that ended up not panning out. 

But I don't disagree with that. 

It would be much higher risk if EP's trio is matched up against Mac to start then lose puck possession. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Might I add. The reasoning for starting Bo was to exploit Mac's low faceoff %. 

Win the draw, keep possession, low risk plays then run our EP's scoring line trio for the win. 

It was a low risk method that ended up not panning out. 

But I don't disagree with that. 

It would be much higher risk if EP's trio is matched up against Mac to start then lose puck possession. 

MacKinnon was not the one taking the face-off but Compher - through 3 periods Compher was 45% (5 for 11).   

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

And how did that work out? If he loses, McKinnon skates around him. If he wins he can’t skate as he was gassed 

Captain hindsight... 

If he wins possession, let Miller go for a skate, while he changes on the fly, happens all the time... He was there for the draw, nothing more... 

Green played the odds... was it 26 of 29 draws, or something close to that. Tell me it's not favourable odds. Had he put Petey out to take the draw, you'd be saying, he was an idiot for not using the player, who had won about 90% of his draws during the match, regardless of how tired he was... and except for the last 4 minutes Petey had hardly burnt the house down on the night...

I want see Petey as much as you do, and he is our most exciting player by far, but in OT starting possession is everything, as most drives ends with an attempt on goal... Just like it did with McKinnon...

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in practice:

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen
Baertschi-Gaudette-Leivo
Schaller-Beagle-Eriksson

Graovac, MacEwen, Roussel

Edler-Myers
Benn-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev

Fantenberg

Swap Eriksson and Roussel and things are looking a lot better!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Viper007 said:

Swap Eriksson and Roussel and things are looking a lot better!

swap Ericksson for any of the below.. including Fantenburg

Roussel probably isn't 100% yet, but when he reaches 60% it should be enough to supplant Loui 

20 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in practice:

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen
Baertschi-Gaudette-Leivo
Schaller-Beagle-Eriksson

Graovac, MacEwen, Roussel

Edler-Myers
Benn-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev

Fantenberg

Why the hell is eriksson still playing? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rychicken said:

many would say he hasn't started playing?

I for one think the lines look good and focus on that instead of bashing LE. His position will sort itself out when Rousell, Motte and Ferland returns. 

Especially like the 3rd line with Baer - Gaudette - Leivo. That’s legit! We still need 1-2 top 6 wingers and a top pairing RD imo but then we’re on our way...