The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 16, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

And decides to skate fast,and decides to shoot.Pretty sure Mason Raymond was better overall.

He just reminds me of MacKinnon when he drives but his finish is very much lacking.  I agree, a typical JV drive normally just dies with an eventful shot then goes back to bench to fist pump the coach.  I also hardly see him talking to his teammates in the bench unlike EP.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

3 on 3 sure is entertaining, but its not NHL hockey.

Why would you decide on points that decide on who goes to the playoffs, when you don't do that in the playoffs.

Because it's the only way to keep American fans watching the game apparently. Also why they added the $&!#ty shot out\

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

You create a new account to hate on our boy?!?!?!

That's Focht up man

No, I didn't.  I am just wondering why he does not body checks.  It is hard not to doubt his offensive ability with the way he has been playing.  I do understand he is good taking faceoffs, but that's just not enough for a captain.   

Edited by Dogcrazy

6 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

It's pretty clear the idea was to win the draw and keep the puck off Mackinnon's stick. Horvat won 80% of his face-offs tonight. I don't know why so many people find this hard to understand. Mackinnon is an absolute beast and no one in the NHL can stop him when he gets going especially on 3-3. 

Yup, I hear you. But our kids were feeling hot. Tanev against MacKinnon? Was that a joke or did TG expect Tanev to be able to chase MacKinnon?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

TG got us a point on this one - his decisions both to put out the second unit even though the first was fresh and to pull Demko with 3:30 to go had an impact.   Cue the guys that think we need a new coach.   Had a monster third period (again) - McKinnon, well he’s a monster too.

Only reason we scored was the guy took a puck to the back of the head. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Hopefully this puts to rest the idea Demko is a bonafide starter right now. I love the guy, but he needs some seasoning still. Stole a point at least. Lets try survive this roadie here.

It was just one OK game. He's been excellent all season long.

The only goal I didn't like was Kadri's. The MacKinnon goals on short side would be hard for any goalie because of the sheer speed and power that NM has.

• Upvote 1

So! Did we just witness the next team out of the west who will be Stanley Cup finalists beat our poor hobo team ? They were schooled handily , outclassed totally .i presumed JB would be grabbing best talent available last four years ! Obviously there are other teams out there that have done a way superior job no? Colorado will win 99 times out of a hundred against Vancouver. . This was a totally demoralizing loss tonight. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 4

18 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Every overtime we start a line that counters their top line. We don’t play to win, we try not to lose 

tonight we lost 

play EP, Miller and Hughes straight up !!!

People wonder why I get frustrated by Geeen?

Absolutely right. Green's first shift in OT is always to try neutralizing their top line and then getting Petey out there after. I think Petey has shown he is good enough defensively. Why not play to win rather than play to not lose? It might be to try win the draw though... 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bobbyg43 said:

So! Did we just witness the next team out of the west who will be Stanley Cup finalists beat our poor hobo team ? They were schooled handily , outclassed totally .i presumed JB would be grabbing best talent available last four years ! Obviously there are other teams out there that have done a way superior job no? Colorado will win 99 times out of a hundred against Vancouver. . This was a totally demoralizing loss tonight. 

Wouldn't say demoralizing,but a really poor showing lately from the guys.The 3rd was more like how they should be all the time.

Just now, Jaimito said:

A lost opportunity.  Didn't play very well as a whole. 

Lot of improvements still needed. But at least heading in the right direction.

Love to see them play Avs more. Exciting games always. 

With a couple nervous moments with Mac shooting on Tanev :unsure:

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

PETTERSSON AND BOESER: “ OOOOH BABY WE’RE FEELING IT! “

Then Travis starts Bo and Miller in overtime.

You &^@# nut.

He wanted to win posession u nut ( which matters more in OT then any other time in the game ).

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1