The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Brandon Sutter getting shot out of a cannon into the Pacific Ocean

[proposal] Brandon Sutter getting shot out of a cannon into the Pacific Ocean

As much as I like Sutter *when he’s healthy* the fact of the matter is that he hasn’t been healthy enough while he’s been here.

I’m also now of the opinion that Gaudette should stay up here for good this time.    No more biting boners in Utica, and no more playing on the Wings.   Gaudette should be the team’s 3rd line C.   

So the obvious question becomes - what type of trade value does Sutter have around the league?   Would the Canucks be better off trying to move him now, or should they move Sutter to the wing?    I wouldn’t be opposed to keeping Sutter since he adds to our depth, but *not* if Gaudette gets pushed out of the line-up or onto the Wings.   Eriksson and Baertschi are pretty much immovable.    

What would you do with Sutter, if anything?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Gaudette is not a Defensive forward. What you are saying is you want Bo to be D and Gaud to be secondish line.

You realize that, right?

Then when Beagle goes down you have what we have now. Bo playing too many minutes. You also have Miller playing PK center which he is only average at.

Do you like our situation of losing close games?

What’s wrong with him moving to the wing when Sutters back?  Bear will go back to Utica - nothing wrong with that.  AG has been one of our best (and our best two games of the last eight IMO) - maybe even play him with Bo - might give him a shot in the arm offensively (Horvat) and leave Sutter to do what he does best.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Winter Soldier said:

You do realize that Sutter's (and Beagle's) absence forces Bo to do the heavy lifting on defense, which reduces us to a one line team, correct?

Thomas Drance was pointing out earlier this month that Sutter has been facing the easiest competition of all the Cs and was no longer being used as a match-up C against the best lines.  He wrote about how sheltered minutes helped Sutter produce.

• Upvote 1

Reading the responses to the OP has almost restored my faith in the CDC gang...I was prepared to come in here and then facepalm after reading all the "trash Sutter" metoo comments, thrilled that it wasn't necessary.  I find that too much facepalming gives me a headache.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Our struggles of late are due to Sutter's absence along with Beagle and Motte.

Baertschi is going back down and if ya wanna" getting shot out of a cannon into the Pacific Ocean" Eriksson is the best choice.

Have a nice day Steamer! :)

• Cheers 2

Sutter has not been used as a matchup center this year. People need to get that in their head. 

If they're not heavy defensive minutes, wouldn't you rather have Gaudette playing than Sutter? 

It comes down to whether you want our neutral forward line to have a defensive, penalty killing center or an offensive, powerplay center. 

• Upvote 1

Counter-proposal : We remove internet access and forms of communication from Hindustan Smyl :emot-parrot:

Seriously - the hate for Sutter on here is insane - watch a agme or two and see what he actually brings to the table. The fact he can take some of the load off Horvat when it comes to ice time and faceoffs AND he can chip in a goal or two here and there brings depth to our 3rd line - something teams like Edmonton and Calgary wish they had

• Upvote 3