Sign in to follow this  
70seven

(Rumour) Barrie on the move?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We need to do away with these confused emoji faces.  It’s clearly obvious what you are suggesting.  There is no confusion.  You don’t want Barrie.  How can anyone be confused over your statement? 

Using +/- judging a player on an awful team is weak at best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Wrong, but ok. 

Is the confused emoji intended to show confusion over interpretation of a poster’s comment, or as a minus to their idea?  

Barrie is doing crappy right now, but has a history of putting up big numbers.  Stecher for Barrie is okay.  I don’t know if I’d want us to trade Tanev for Barrie though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Easy add Barrie replaces and an upgrade on Stecher. If Tryamkin comes back Benn becomes #7 and Fantenberg #8 or Utica bound. Defence massively upgraded. 

Don’t have the assets to acquire Barrie to play a bottom pairing role.
 

Wait till the summer.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Using +/- judging a player on an awful team is weak at best. 

True.  Need to take into account the difficulty of the minutes, and role.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t have the assets to acquire Barrie to play a bottom pairing role.
 

Wait till the summer.

Don't disagree with this, but it's not as impossible to pull off this year either if they decide on that route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t have the assets to acquire Barrie to play a bottom pairing role.
 

Wait till the summer.

Would we do it for Tanev though?  Leafs definitely need a D man like him, and one who has his character.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alflives said:

Would we do it for Tanev though?  Leafs definitely need a D man like him, and one who has his character.  

Nope.

 

We need what Tanev brings. He’s helping Hughes develop which is much more important long term.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is the confused emoji intended to show confusion over interpretation of a poster’s comment, or as a minus to their idea?  

Barrie is doing crappy right now, but has a history of putting up big numbers.  Stecher for Barrie is okay.  I don’t know if I’d want us to trade Tanev for Barrie though.  

Would prefer not Tanev for Barrie the emojis is for the underrating of Barrie on here. He's not worse than Pouliot etc as is being suggested by some on here. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Even if he was scoring, his defensive play is so awful he's a total liability out there. 

A Tippett quote - he was referring to his IHL days but it seems pretty actual.  Kids now grow up modelling their games after Karlsson and the likes so systems adjust to players coming up through the draft.  

 

« We had a player that was supposed to be a great, shut-down defenseman. He was supposedly the be-all, end-all of defensemen. But when you did a 10-game analysis of him, you found out he was defending all the time because he can’t move the puck.   « Then we had another guy, who supposedly couldn’t defend a lick. Well, he was defending only 20 percent of the time because he’s making good plays out of our end. He may not be the strongest defender, but he’s only doing it 20 percent of the time. So the equation works out better the other way. I ended up trading the other defenseman. »

 

This was Peters on Barrie last playoffs:  

 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mll said:

A Tippett quote - he was referring to his IHL days but it seems pretty actual.  Kids now grow up modelling their games after Karlsson and the likes so systems adjust to players coming up through the draft.  

 

« We had a player that was supposed to be a great, shut-down defenseman. He was supposedly the be-all, end-all of defensemen. But when you did a 10-game analysis of him, you found out he was defending all the time because he can’t move the puck.   « Then we had another guy, who supposedly couldn’t defend a lick. Well, he was defending only 20 percent of the time because he’s making good plays out of our end. He may not be the strongest defender, but he’s only doing it 20 percent of the time. So the equation works out better the other way. I ended up trading the other defenseman. »

 

This was Peters on Barrie last playoffs:  

 

I think we all agree Barrie is good with the puck in an offensive way.  It’s his play without the puck that is concerning.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

if you're a complete liability in your own end you shouldn't be playing D in the NHL.

5F562F69-2220-4C3E-9CFF-6BC50F91A799.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think we all agree Barrie is good with the puck in an offensive way.  It’s his play without the puck that is concerning.  

He rarely plays without the puck which is the point you, bree and heffy are missing. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

He rarely plays without the puck which is the point you, bree and heffy are missing. 

Then what’s going wrong with him in TO?  Just a bad fit?  Being used wrong? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having Hughes on the back end has already transformed how the team plays.

 

Adding Barrie would double that output from the back end.

 

It would be fantastic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is the confused emoji intended to show confusion over interpretation of a poster’s comment, or as a minus to their idea?  

Barrie is doing crappy right now, but has a history of putting up big numbers.  Stecher for Barrie is okay.  I don’t know if I’d want us to trade Tanev for Barrie though.  

I would do stecher but no way I trade Tanev for Barrie. He is so solid defensively...we need that imo. Having no good defensive defenseman is one of the reasons the Leafs suck imo.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edler  Myers

Hughes  Tanev

Benn  Barrie

 

That would be great.

 

Rathbone and Woo developing nicely. 

 

You could always change it up too:

 

Edler  Barrie

Hughes  Tanev

Benn  Myers

 

Give Edler less minutes than 25 per night. Good defence and offence on each pairing.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Then what’s going wrong with him in TO?  Just a bad fit?  Being used wrong? 

Babcock is a terrible coach is what is wrong 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Babcock is a terrible coach is what is wrong 

I think the Leaf’s would want Tanev.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I think the Leaf’s would want Tanev.  

Want all they want they're not getting him. 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone thinks Barrie isn’t better than how he’s playing now you’re delusional.
 

He’s a 50 point dman playing in a abysmal  system making him look bad

 

the only problem I have with Barrie is the on-ice fit, our first pp unit seems pretty set and top 4 d when it’s healthy so that puts Barrie on the 3rd pair and 2nd pp unit to start?
 

Sounds similar to the situation he’s in now

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.