The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Barrie on the move?

70seven

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We need to do away with these confused emoji faces.  It’s clearly obvious what you are suggesting.  There is no confusion.  You don’t want Barrie.  How can anyone be confused over your statement? 

Using +/- judging a player on an awful team is weak at best. 

13 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Wrong, but ok. 

Is the confused emoji intended to show confusion over interpretation of a poster’s comment, or as a minus to their idea?  

Barrie is doing crappy right now, but has a history of putting up big numbers.  Stecher for Barrie is okay.  I don’t know if I’d want us to trade Tanev for Barrie though.  

20 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Easy add Barrie replaces and an upgrade on Stecher. If Tryamkin comes back Benn becomes #7 and Fantenberg #8 or Utica bound. Defence massively upgraded. 

Don’t have the assets to acquire Barrie to play a bottom pairing role.

Wait till the summer.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is the confused emoji intended to show confusion over interpretation of a poster’s comment, or as a minus to their idea?  

Barrie is doing crappy right now, but has a history of putting up big numbers.  Stecher for Barrie is okay.  I don’t know if I’d want us to trade Tanev for Barrie though.  

Would prefer not Tanev for Barrie the emojis is for the underrating of Barrie on here. He's not worse than Pouliot etc as is being suggested by some on here. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Even if he was scoring, his defensive play is so awful he's a total liability out there. 

A Tippett quote - he was referring to his IHL days but it seems pretty actual.  Kids now grow up modelling their games after Karlsson and the likes so systems adjust to players coming up through the draft.  

« We had a player that was supposed to be a great, shut-down defenseman. He was supposedly the be-all, end-all of defensemen. But when you did a 10-game analysis of him, you found out he was defending all the time because he can’t move the puck.   « Then we had another guy, who supposedly couldn’t defend a lick. Well, he was defending only 20 percent of the time because he’s making good plays out of our end. He may not be the strongest defender, but he’s only doing it 20 percent of the time. So the equation works out better the other way. I ended up trading the other defenseman. »

This was Peters on Barrie last playoffs:  

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, mll said:

A Tippett quote - he was referring to his IHL days but it seems pretty actual.  Kids now grow up modelling their games after Karlsson and the likes so systems adjust to players coming up through the draft.  

« We had a player that was supposed to be a great, shut-down defenseman. He was supposedly the be-all, end-all of defensemen. But when you did a 10-game analysis of him, you found out he was defending all the time because he can’t move the puck.   « Then we had another guy, who supposedly couldn’t defend a lick. Well, he was defending only 20 percent of the time because he’s making good plays out of our end. He may not be the strongest defender, but he’s only doing it 20 percent of the time. So the equation works out better the other way. I ended up trading the other defenseman. »

This was Peters on Barrie last playoffs:  

I think we all agree Barrie is good with the puck in an offensive way.  It’s his play without the puck that is concerning.  

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I would do stecher but no way I trade Tanev for Barrie. He is so solid defensively...we need that imo. Having no good defensive defenseman is one of the reasons the Leafs suck imo.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Edler  Myers

Hughes  Tanev

Benn  Barrie

That would be great.

Rathbone and Woo developing nicely. 

You could always change it up too:

Edler  Barrie

Hughes  Tanev

Benn  Myers

Give Edler less minutes than 25 per night. Good defence and offence on each pairing.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Like 1

If anyone thinks Barrie isn’t better than how he’s playing now you’re delusional.

He’s a 50 point dman playing in a abysmal  system making him look bad

the only problem I have with Barrie is the on-ice fit, our first pp unit seems pretty set and top 4 d when it’s healthy so that puts Barrie on the 3rd pair and 2nd pp unit to start?

Sounds similar to the situation he’s in now

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3