The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Barrie on the move?

70seven

2 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

It would be pretty interesting to add Barrie to the team. But we won’t trade any assets for him. He’s a BC boy and there is a chance we could be front runner to nab him in free agency, i’d way rather that path. He knows we tried trading for him on the draft floor before Sakic screwed the deal up...side note, which then led to us getting Miller in the trade with Tampa (pretty happy about those turn of events!)..Let the Leafs chew on his cap this year, no way they can afford to sign him anyways. I just don’t see why we need to give anything up to get him since they could be a very large chance we can get him for free.

This

Sakic doing us a flavour. 

How good could our defense be? 

Hughes Myers

Edler Barrie

Benn Tryamkin

That looks pretty good. 

Barrie 6x3 or 4?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

This

Sakic doing us a flavour. 

How good could our defense be? 

Hughes Myers

Edler Barrie

Benn Tryamkin

That looks pretty good. 

Barrie 6x3 or 4?

At this point Barries stock is taking a hit, it’s possible a deal like this could be made but I’m sure he’s looking for a long time legacy deal if he can get it.   RHD PMD are premium asset these days - a lot of hockey left and if he gets his groove back and scores 50 points he’s getting a big pay cheque for a long time...I’d do this deal in an instant -JB would have to make some trades off course - but it is a possibility....

• Upvote 1

Leafs aren't trading him right now. 

He's costing 2.75 mill cap and he's at his lowest point of career right now. His trade value is so low he won't return anything significant.

Plus how do they replace a top 4 Dman playing 20 mins a game..

Maybe later but he's not getting traded right now when he won't return even his equal value. No point. 

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

He's costing 2.75 mill cap and he's at his lowest point of career right now. His trade value is so low he won't return anything significant.

Maybe later but he's not getting traded right now when he won't return even his equal value. No point. 

From what Friedman is saying, there has been interest. Barrie, supposedly, is worried about how this season is going to affect his value when he goes to free agency.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

From what Friedman is saying, there has been interest. Barrie, supposedly, is worried about how this season is going to affect his value when he goes to free agency.

Ya just because someone wants to poach him doesn't mean Leafs will trade him. 

What is the value of trading him. he's only 2.75 mill cap hit as COL eating half his cap. 

He gives them top 4 mins. Not producing offensively but what are they going to get back that's better with same cap hit..

I highly doubt he gets traded soon. 

It was also reported him and his agent want to try make it work in Toronto. Try to make his game turnaround. 

What if they ask for trade how's he going to adjust to new team so quick. He's had summer and training camp on Toronto. If it doesn't work with new team then he's really going to do bad on next contract. He's already lost millions but imagine he gets traded and same thing next team. 

He'll be looking at a 1 year 2 or 3 mill deal. 

If they want Stech for Barrie you take that and run.

It would give us a lot of options like dropping Horvat to the 2nd PP and having 2 PMD on the 1st unit. Watching Boeser pass on the PP is brutal at times and having another puck mover on top of Hughes and Petey would help them out.

We'd also have a lot of options in our top 4.

I like Stech but he couldn't hold a candle to Barrie and plays 13 minutes a game.

They'd probably want more than Stech and we are not really in a position to give them any more than that atm.

• Like 1

I think the only way Barrie gets traded is if at the deadline the Leafs are not making the playoffs. The whole thing looks bad on Dubas. I thought it was a dumb trade to begin with as Kadri was a great trade chip they used to mainly land a type of dman they didn't need. The deal came down to Dubas needing the trading team to retain salary and the Avs bit. Bad trade for the Leafs. The Leafs need

a Vlasic type dman, not another rover. 

Edited by rekker

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

They pretty much have to trade him by deadline or they lose him for nothing. They have zero capspace for his full cap hit. 

If they keep free falling keeping him for a mean nothing playoff run and losing him for nothing is foolish at best. 

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They pretty much have to trade him by deadline or they lose him for nothing. They have zero capspace for his full cap hit. 

If they keep free falling keeping him for a mean nothing playoff run and losing him for nothing is foolish at best. 

Annnddd the move will be applauded by the media as another genious move by Dubas, lol. Although I must say the rumblings are out there in the media over the job Dubas has done so far. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

Annnddd the move will be applauded by the media as another genious move by Dubas, lol. Although I must say the rumblings are out there in the media over the job Dubas has done so far. 

I am going to laugh so hard if the Laffs fire Babcock and keep their idiot of a GM.  Should have kept Mark Hunter who was actually qualified for the job instead of a dweeb who gets his lunch money taken by the mascot on the way to the office.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I am going to laugh so hard if the Laffs fire Babcock and keep their idiot of a GM.  Should have kept Mark Hunter who was actually qualified for the job instead of a dweeb who gets his lunch money taken by the mascot on the way to the office.

100 percent. Not only did they pick Dubas over a much better qualified Hunter. Hunter quit and basically gave them the middle finger on the way out. 

1 minute ago, rekker said:

100 percent. Not only did they pick Dubas over a much better qualified Hunter. Hunter quit and basically gave them the middle finger on the way out. 

Cant say I blame him.  Guy's one of the most qualified candidates out there and they pass over him for Dumbass?  I'd be insulted too.

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Realistically the only player I like on TO is Kapanen. Kids a player and would be the top six winger we need.

AJ too - not very big but he gets the job done.   Those two were Dubas’s best signings too date by a long shot. 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I’m pretty certain if Kadri wasn’t suspended after their first game Boston wouldn’t have caught up and beat them ..and after that you never know.   They aren’t as bad as the standings - losing Marner and Tavares definitely made in impact but their forward depth is better then this.   Doubt they move Barrie - he’s a one off, this is their best chance with the upcoming cap issues that they could have in sometime.   Just have to slay their own dragon (Boston) and they could make some noise.

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I’m pretty certain if Kadri wasn’t suspended after their first game Boston wouldn’t have caught up and beat them ..and after that you never know.   They aren’t as bad as the standings - losing Marner and Tavares definitely made in impact but their forward depth is better then this.   Doubt they move Barrie - he’s a one off, this is their best chance with the upcoming cap issues that they could have in sometime.   Just have to slay their own dragon (Boston) and they could make some noise.

Doubt it.  Toronto has no hope of winning a playoff series when they're giving big minutes to cowards like Nylander who don't care about winning, and icing entire D units who are incapable of actually playing defense.  They might be even worse than the standings indicate; most women's teams would be able to bully these losers.

• Haha 1