This

Sakic doing us a flavour. 

How good could our defense be? 

Hughes Myers

Edler Barrie

Benn Tryamkin

That looks pretty good. 

Barrie 6x3 or 4?

I think Woo will be a cheaper option then Barrie, not as talented offensively but better all around making Barrie Redundant.

Much rather spend the extra 2/3 million and get a cup champ and current captain.

Next year something like...

Edler Myers

Hughes Pietrangelo 

Benn Tryamkin

Juolevi Stecher?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I think Woo will be a cheaper option then Barrie, not as talented offensively but better all around making Barrie Redundant.

Much rather spend the extra 2/3 million and get a cup champ and current captain.

Edler Myers

Hughes Pietrangelo 

Benn Tryamkin

Juolevi Stecher?

That's not 2-3 extra million.  Barrie's closest comparable is Gardiner (puts up some points, massive liability defensively, similar age).  Those pylons come up every year, and frankly Gardiner's contract is still an overpayment that Barrie will be lucky to reach.  Pietrangelo is a minute muncher who can be trusted in all situations and still puts up points while providing a ton of leadership.  He'll clear at least $9 million from someone.  If for some reason he's willing to come here, you jump on it and give up whatever's necessary to get rid of LE.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Cant say I blame him.  Guy's one of the most qualified candidates out there and they pass over him for Dumbass?  I'd be insulted too.

Shanahan needs to accept some responsibility for this as well. I believe he's the one who hired Dubas over Hunter. Shanaplan.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Doubt it.  Toronto has no hope of winning a playoff series when they're giving big minutes to cowards like Nylander who don't care about winning, and icing entire D units who are incapable of actually playing defense.  They might be even worse than the standings indicate; most women's teams would be able to bully these losers.

I can’t tell if your making a joke or are actually serious. 

1 hour ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Edler Myers

Hughes Pietrangelo 

Benn Tryamkin

Juolevi Stecher?

Ya woo would be my preferred choice. I don't think I want pie.

Also I really hope I am wrong and he can be at least a decent #5 offensive dman but I think Juolevi injuries might be catching up. He just got another injury to smh

36 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Ya woo would be my preferred choice. I don't think I want pie.

Also I really hope I am wrong and he can be at least a decent #5 offensive dman but I think Juolevi injuries might be catching up. He just got another injury to smh

At this point it’s gone past coincidence and into pattern.   Even in junior he didn’t play all the games...If I was him I’d take down all the mirrors and hide the salt and avoid ladders etc. 

Babcock’s ego is in the way of Barrie’s success in Toronto. Something has to give in that situation. He was a top 15 D-man in the league the 4 years previous, some might argue 5-10ish. Playing 12 minutes a game the last few for a D-man that put up just shy of 60 points last couple of seasons, is mind-boggling.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Babcock’s ego is in the way of Barrie’s success in Toronto. Something has to give in that situation. He was a top 15 D-man in the league the 4 years previous, some might argue 5-10ish. Playing 12 minutes a game the last few for a D-man that put up just shy of 60 points last couple of seasons, is mind-boggling.

Hockey reference says he’s played 20+ minutes in 4 of the last 5 games. Played 17 last game. Was a -4 though so it probably makes sense why. Not sure where 12 minutes a game came from.

18 hours ago, King Heffy said:

100% serious.  Their team is 10 ply and Muzzin is the only defenseman who plays like an NHLer in his own end.

Guys on the radio this morning were talking about JB (maybe?) wanting Barrie.  They were saying that if that is the case, JB doesn't overpay.  I was thinking about a Tanev + Beagle for Barrie + (cap dump) Nylander.  The contracts and dollars kind of even out I think.  

• Wat 1

Final offer:

Tanev with 1.7 mill retained for Barrie. 

cap hit is the same with this retention. Both players are pending ufa. Tanev gives the leafs a player who can play beside Reilly. Canucks get a player who can play the #1 pp role if Hughes gets injured again

• Cheers 1