Sign in to follow this  
70seven

(Rumour) Barrie on the move?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

Final offer:

 

Tanev with 1.7 mill retained for Barrie. 
 

cap hit is the same with this retention. Both players are pending ufa. Tanev gives the leafs a player who can play beside Reilly. Canucks get a player who can play the #1 pp role if Hughes gets injured again

works for me. I love Tanev as a player but we all know too well his warrior style can't last forever. If we can get Barrie in and have time to negotiate a decent extension thats a win imo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Guys on the radio this morning were talking about JB (maybe?) wanting Barrie.  They were saying that if that is the case, JB doesn't overpay.  I was thinking about a Tanev + Beagle for Barrie + (cap dump) Nylander.  The contracts and dollars kind of even out I think.  

Yuck.  I'd rather have Tanev than either of those pylons.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

Final offer:

 

Tanev with 1.7 mill retained for Barrie. 
 

cap hit is the same with this retention. Both players are pending ufa. Tanev gives the leafs a player who can play beside Reilly. Canucks get a player who can play the #1 pp role if Hughes gets injured again

This would be contingent on Barrie signing an extension.

 

 

tenor (2).gif

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2019 at 3:45 PM, Phil_314 said:

Not selling low on Ferland as others have mentioned. 

 

What's wrong with Barrie this season? 

Ferland rocks - if he can recover from the concussion. :sadno: 

As for Barrie, one word: Toronto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Yuck.  I'd rather have Tanev than either of those pylons.

It's been 24 hours since I tuned into this thread and I'm wondering if you've even taken a break Heff :lol: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Ferland rocks - if he can recover from the concussion. :sadno: 

As for Barrie, one word: Toronto.

Part of me wonders what Ferland is going to be like if he returns. Would he even drop the gloves again? A big part of the value he provides is just by being present and other guys knowing they'll have to answer to him. Has the dog lost his bite? I hope not, although I would totally understand. Concussions are no joke.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barrie, Stecher and Hughes together couldn't clear Benn, Landeskoog or Wheeler from the crease.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, joe-max said:

Barrie, Stecher and Hughes together couldn't clear Benn, Landeskoog or Wheeler from the crease.

But Tryamkin could.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 1:35 PM, Alflives said:

Guys on the radio this morning were talking about JB (maybe?) wanting Barrie.  They were saying that if that is the case, JB doesn't overpay.  I was thinking about a Tanev + Beagle for Barrie + (cap dump) Nylander.  The contracts and dollars kind of even out I think.  

Tanev and Beagle is waaayyyyy too much for Barrie imo as he is a UFA.

 

And we don't need or want wee willie, as you call him, for that high a contract.

 

Pass.  

 

Stecher for Barrie.  That is as much as I would give or wait to sign him July 1.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 1:57 PM, The_Rocket said:

Final offer:

 

Tanev with 1.7 mill retained for Barrie. 
 

cap hit is the same with this retention. Both players are pending ufa. Tanev gives the leafs a player who can play beside Reilly. Canucks get a player who can play the #1 pp role if Hughes gets injured again

No way I do this.

 

Tanev is one of our only defensive D men. If we do that, we make the same mistake TO did which is to get all skilled players. I would rather keep Tanev to play with Hughes.

  • Hydration 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Tanev and Beagle is waaayyyyy too much for Barrie imo as he is a UFA.

 

And we don't need or want wee willie, as you call him, for that high a contract.

 

Pass.  

 

Stecher for Barrie.  That is as much as I would give or wait to sign him July 1.

I like the idea of Stetcher for Barrie, just my opinion I think it would take more than Stetcher to pry him off from Toronto, probably would have to add a guy like Gadjovich or Lockwood (who has a chance that he might not sign here). Best case scenario really is his asking salary is goes down the drain because of his deflated stats next off season, like 4-4.5 million per year. Wonder if Benning would consider swapping Tanev for Barrie? Both would fill each teams needs and both are UFA's end of the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

No way I do this.

 

Tanev is one of our only defensive D men. If we do that, we make the same mistake TO did which is to get all skilled players. I would rather keep Tanev to play with Hughes.

Lowkey post of that day. +1

 

Tanev is a leader on this team. Name another guy in that dressing room that has the respect  of his teammates like Tanev. Don't worry, I'll wait....the broken bones, missing teeth, this guy bleeds blue and green, it's all he knows. He's the most humble, team first guy. Reminds me a lot of Burrows. 

 

No way we trade him for Barrie and that's not on some homer $#!+. Like you said, the proof is in the pudding. Just ask Mike Babcock.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think the Canucks are moving on Tanev.  His injury history will actually help the next contract, keeping his number reasonable for the minutes he absorbs when healthy. 
 

Stecher is the piece to go in a deal like this imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

No way I do this.

 

Tanev is one of our only defensive D men. If we do that, we make the same mistake TO did which is to get all skilled players. I would rather keep Tanev to play with Hughes.

I would swap Stech for Barrie in a heart beat. But with Babcock gone you gotta think they will wait and see if they get a pulse out of Barrie again with the new coach and try to recoup some trade value on him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree it would likely be Stecher, not Tanev for Barrie. Salaries are similar, statures are similar and despite some in this market denying it, you actually need some players to play defense and PK (and secondarily, have some size). TOR gains a younger player with RFA contract status, we get the guy with the higher offensive ceiling.

 

That's not to say that I wouldn't at some point be ok with moving Tanev later this year...but not for Barrie (and HIGHLY dependent on if Tryamkin looks like he's coming back, how prospects like Rafferty, Brisebois, Juolevi Rathbone are doing etc). 

 

But a potential spring 2020 D core as below wouldn't be the worst thing...

 

Edler, Myers

Hughes, Tryamkin

Benn, Barrie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that they've changed coach would think they want to see what he can do under Keefe.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Have to agree it would likely be Stecher, not Tanev for Barrie. Salaries are similar, statures are similar and despite some in this market denying it, you actually need some players to play defense and PK (and secondarily, have some size). TOR gains a younger player with RFA contract status, we get the guy with the higher offensive ceiling.

 

That's not to say that I wouldn't at some point be ok with moving Tanev later this year...but not for Barrie (and HIGHLY dependent on if Tryamkin looks like he's coming back, how prospects like Rafferty, Brisebois, Juolevi Rathbone are doing etc). 

 

But a potential spring 2020 D core as below wouldn't be the worst thing...

 

Edler, Myers

Hughes, Tryamkin

Benn, Barrie

it would have to be Stecher + assets. So whats a fair deal? who from the prospect pool would you be willing to give up? I think one of the college d signings so the Leaves have a 'now' in Stecher and a 'later' in say Rafferty or Chatfield. Doubt thats enough to get it done but on the other hand no GMs will be looking to help Dubie out.

 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Benning is trying to work something here tho. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mll said:

Now that they've changed coach would think they want to see what he can do under Keefe.  

maybe, but it could also get worse depending on the new systems. I just don't know what a fair deal really looks like between TO and the Canucks, that makes enough of a difference to TOs playoff chances if Tanev isn't part of the package. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.