The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Nucks need to make a move for a top line winger.

I know this has been beaten to death; a call for a skilled winger for either Petersson, or Horvat to play with. This might be the time to strike with either TO or with Vegas, as both teams are underachieving, The other day Miller, Boeser, and Horvat played a couple of shifts together, and it looked very effective. So my thoughts are, either JB targets a winger like Nylander from Toronto to play with Petersson, or a winger like Smith from Vegas to play with Horvat. This would solidify our top two lines and strengthen our overall forward depth. The question is what would TO want for Nylander, or Vegas for Smith. I think Tanev, 1st rounder, and a middling prospect would get  the Nylander deal done. Tanev and Virtanen would get us Smith. I know Tanev looks unreal with Hughes, but all the more reason  to trade Tanev, as his worth is as high as it will ever be. Thoughts...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, captaincowbasher said:

I know this has been beaten to death; a call for a skilled winger for either Petersson, or Horvat to play with. This might be the time to strike with either TO or with Vegas, as both teams are underachieving, The other day Miller, Boeser, and Horvat played a couple of shifts together, and it looked very effective. So my thoughts are, either JB targets a winger like Nylander from Toronto to play with Petersson, or a winger like Smith from Vegas to play with Horvat. This would solidify our top two lines and strengthen our overall forward depth. The question is what would TO want for Nylander, or Vegas for Smith. I think Tanev, 1st rounder, and a middling prospect would get  the Nylander deal done. Tanev and Virtanen would get us Smith. I know Tanev looks unreal with Hughes, but all the more reason  to trade Tanev, as his worth is as high as it will ever be. Thoughts...

Oh ya we need Double Flamingo 

E10876C6-A239-4800-BC26-E30801ED537C.jpeg

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Nope.  EP would spend way too much time in his own zone because Nylander refuses to backcheck.  You don't win with gutless passengers like Nylander, especially in the playoffs.  He wasn't just scared of the Bruins hitting him, he was scared of the puck.  Hard no.

You remind me so much of Don Cherry, lol

And that's not a bad thing

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YEGCanuck said:

If I am Jimbo any deal that includes a first rounder is a non-starter. Other than that I'm game for a trade. Just know half the teams in the league are also shopping for a top six winger. Good luck.

oh really?

and why is that?

you think we should trade miller to get a 1st back then?

i think if we could get another miller at the cost of a 1st

i'd do it in a heartbeat

you really think the odds of drafting someone as good with that pick are likely ?

a fully developed, talented, mature player who can help our young guys right now?
not having to wait 4 to 5 years ?

what do you think that magical 1st rounder would get us ?  something more then a really good hockey player?

36 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

oh really?

and why is that?

you think we should trade miller to get a 1st back then?

i think if we could get another miller at the cost of a 1st

i'd do it in a heartbeat

you really think the odds of drafting someone as good with that pick are likely ?

a fully developed, talented, mature player who can help our young guys right now?
not having to wait 4 to 5 years ?

what do you think that magical 1st rounder would get us ?  something more then a really good hockey player?

I'll take my chances with JB's drafting skills. We can get our top 6 forward  by trading Stetcher + Goldy, Sven or maybe a 2nd and recover our 1st by trading Marky at the deadline. Other then that we need patience and let our players develope and gain experience. Maybe Tanev can be moved once OJ is ready but that won't be until at least Trade deadline.

The problem with trading for a top 6 winger, is that......

1) it would likely cost too much.

2) The Canucks have Podkolzin and Hoglander waiting in the wings.

To me, it seems unlikely that our 2nd line support for Horvat will be an issue for the future.

Keep in mind that the Canucks aren’t going to be winning the cup this year anyways.  Stay the course, and push hard for the playoffs.  

A line of Miller-Horvat-Virtanen should be a good enough support system for Horvat.   Put Pearson with Pettersson and Boeser.